Thunderbird <==> GMail help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Hi!
I installed Thunderbird 1.02 yesterday and then configured it to receive GMail ID's e-mails. In GMail settings it is configured 2 download all mail present. So, when I started Thunderbird it started downloading mail from the server and stopped at about 54 messages.. Now, there are some 400 mails on my GMail ID and it stopped after this no.. The Status bar shows "Receiving Message 1 of 327" everytime I log in, but no new mail is downloaded.. What's wrong??

expertno.1

Technomancer
hmmm

this is because a that time your net connection was nt active or there was a problem with the server (sometimes happnes)

wiat 1 day and try again and then psot here

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
if ur using a dialup connection, sometimes thunderbird get stuck with large attachment. try setting the download size limit [Edit->Account Settings->Disk Space].

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Are some of your mails very large in size like say attachments, then plz see if the u/d is happening or not .
Coz i think the client will be d/ling a big file and thats why it is looking as if hung.

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
I have set the limit and big sized mails are not being downlaoded but I am notified of it. But how do I download the mails which I have sent.. i.e THE MAILS WHICH ARE IN THE SENT FOLDER of GMail.

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Another question.. IS THEIR SOME TIME LIMIT AFTER WHICH THUNDERBIRD STOPS DOWNLOADING MAILS?? If so, how can I change it.. You see I use dial-up

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Well theres no option like that but there is an option to change the frequency by which the mail is checked .
Goto :
Account settings > Server settings and there will be a field for that !

tuxfan

Technomancer
May be you need to increase the time out.

You can try this. Try to find out user.js or prefs.js file in your thunderbird profile.

It could be located at
C:\Documents and Settings\your_user\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\iuovz3xk.default

Then add this line to it
user_pref("mail.pop3_response_timeout", 180);

This will increase the time out. By default it is 45 seconds. You can set it to 180 seconds by putting the above.

Note:
DO READ THE WARNING AT THE TOP OF THAT FILE AND ENSURE THAT TB AND FF BOTH ARE CLOSED WHEN YOU ARE DOING THIS.

It is advisable to backup that file before trying out this. So that in case it gets messed up, you can always restore the original file back.

crashuniverse

In the zone
@ Tuxfan : Really logical solution .well i havent tried it yet but i ll do it soon.

I had a similar problem which i could never solve. And i don' think speed is a problem.

this is because a that time your net connection was nt active or there was a problem with the server (sometimes happnes)
I have VSNL broadband @ 128 kbps.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom