This BIG DOG is spooky!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
One of the most amazing Youtube tech videos I ever saw. Period.

*www.bostondynamics.com/content/robotimages/bigdogclipped1.gif

BigDog is Boston Dynamics' incredible donkdroid (I'm the first one to use this word! yippie!) which defies belief!

If u already watched the video, read on. Else, watch, gather ur senses & the come back. I'm serious!
[BREATHING SPACE]
[WOOH... SOME MORE HARD BREATHING]
[HRMPH... SMUUUHH... EHMMMM... YUP.... ABLE TO BREATH.... OK...]
Hyper-responsive hydraulic joints, a suite of sensors, stereo vision system, accelerometers and laser gyroscopes make BigDog walk, run at speeds up to 3.3 mph, climb over rough terrain or up slopes up to 35°, gallop and maintain its balance, even after slipping on ice (saving a near-fall on iced ground at the last second!) or receiving a kick to one side (I actually felt bad when it was kicked!); all while carrying around 154kgs of supplies on its "back" (it weighs 106.5kgs). The next version is aiming to carry triple the weight.

The robot actually walks like a real dog (more like a donkey). So realistic in nature, I doubted it to b a spoof on robots - two masked ppl walking around & poking fun @ robotics (well, there is a spoof now... see end of post). The video has to b seen to b believed.

Check this out in the video.... the damned thing lifted it's legs (independently) when unbalanced, like a real person/animal slipping.

It is being developed for DARPA and the U.S.Army. Last I heard, when it enters service, BigDog would be supporting troops on the battlefield by carrying heavy cargo or evacuating the wounded.

For hi-q freaks (don't mind.. I'm one), there is a DVD-res 27MB wmv video too.

For those in a lighter vein, an equally entertaining spoof is making rounds in Gizmodo.

Last edited:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Amazing!! isn't it? Independent legs and all, breath-taking! And that balance thing while slipping...sheesh!

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Last I heard, when it enters service, BigDog would be supporting troops on the battlefield by carrying heavy cargo or evacuating the wounded.
They should make it dance on the battlefield to distract ememy soldiers

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
feels like goku tramping *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/81.png

NikhilVerma

Padawan
your thing is gonna give me nightmares for a while ... the way it's legs moved ! holy **** .. I don't know ... it just bloody creeps me out every damn time I see it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom