Thinking of buying AVast Internet Security! Needs suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkd

Padawan
I am using Avast Internet Security(legal) for a while. Now my license is expiring within 25 days, so thinking of renewing this.
So should I go with this or some other (paid/free) security suite will be better??
Advanced thanks for your valuable suggestion.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
Ya..already used that..the UI and the firewall seems little bit confusing to me.
Is this better protection than Avast?

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Avast is quite good.
Comodo has very strong network and firewall features.
Check out Sticky at once to get an idea about options available.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't change security software (or any other software for that matter) just for the sake of it. If Avast works well for you, stick with it.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or get Emsisoft Internet Security - it packs Emsisoft Antimalware and Online Armor Firewall Pro. Presently it's Rs 814.29 for 1 year with 2 more licenses free (Easter offer). You can use Avast Free along with this.

nx112

Broken In
Go with Sam's Suggestion and And also download Malware bytes free and Super Antispyware free and use them as On demand scanner.That's it.
buying pro suites doesn't give you anything ,and even if u want to go ,then go with Kaspersky or bitdefender or Avira.
Any other except that will not provide complete protection and other products also lacks additional features.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
If seriously thinking of going with paid, then try ESET, you won't regret. And if you are a bit geeky and like tinkering then Kaspersky.

But Avast free edition + Malware bytes should be good enough.

sygeek

Technomancer
Just stick with avast (free).

Personally, I would suggest MSE (like I always do). It's light, clean, simple and doesn't bother you with pop-ups at all.

I wouldn't recommend anything other than these two.

Don't go for a paid AV, it isn't worth it at all.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Once you tell Avast, it also doesn't bother you with pop-ups. Sometimes pop-ups are useful, like Emsisoft, it blocks almost all file sharing sites, the resulting pop-up gives an option to whitelist the site, so you can allow on an case by case basis.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - you can also give Ad-Aware Free a try and see if it's good for you or not ;-)

Product Comparison Chart - Lavasoft

Minion

Conversation Architect
go for webroot secure anywhere very light on resource awesome detection rates.if you want free then ad-aware antivirus +,Avg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom