Thinking of buying an Android Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Comments? Yea, i know its Symbian based, and i can live with that..

The thing i wanna ask the most is that are there any price cuts expected soon? The last time i bought my N82, 2k was slashed within 2 days :(

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Re: Thinking of buying the Samsung Omnia HD

*anphase.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/report-on-the-samsung-i8910-v2-final.pdf

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent

The thing is that Omnia hd is strictly for geeks only ..for those who can mod it to their likings..Try different custom roms etc ..I guess u should get it ..Its a awesome hardware and software can be fixed with these custom roms :)

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Hmm.. Now that i've looked more.. I'm eyeing the Android Platform.. Motorola Droid looks killer! Maybe ill wait for more Android 2.0 Phones to show up..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

DROID isnt coming Anytime soon. Your best bet is to wait for the X10 in January or offerings from Samsung/LG/HTC in Q2,2010

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Yup.. Can, and will wait :) Actually just waiting for better hardware (snapdragon).. All Android 1.5/1.6 phones are anyway upgradable to 2.0.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

Well, get the X10 then.Release 18th january 2010. :D

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_x10-review-423.php

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Will wait a while for the Google Phone (aka Nexus One)..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

The google phone is a fake actually. Eldar(from M-R) tweeted it recently. Its the Bravo being used by Google to test some applications. Nothing exclusive from google.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Umm.. Check again.. It's real.. HTC is making the hardware..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

nopes, its a rumor. Nothing confirmed from either of the two sides. there was a rumor a year back about a google phone but nothing. I trust Eldar with this. Android isnt at a stage to actually take on the likes of iphone. Google wont be jumping the gun so soon. They are going to work on implementing more features to the phone. Btw, the specs being leaked is that of the HTC Bravo.Dont count on it. Or you can wait for me to get the X10 and gain feedback. :D

Pat

Beyond Smart

Droid is sexy! I would love to get one..Will wait till the prices get lower!!

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Dated 14th dec: *www.engadget.com/2009/12/14/exclusive-first-google-phone-nexus-one-photos-android-2-1-on/

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

If there is a real Google Phone in the offing, that seems a likely landing page for support.[qupte]

Last line from the excerpt. Dont think they are too sure here either. :lol:
And engadget reports crap. It doesnt have have any viability,nor has google/htc given any confirmation.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Yeah.. But just because google/htc hasn't given any confirmation, doesn't necessarily prove that it doesn't exist! :p

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Another link: *www.pcworld.com/article/184555/googles_nexus_one_test_phone_details_emerge.html

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Another link: *www.pcworld.com/article/184555/googles_nexus_one_test_phone_details_emerge.html

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

We shall see. Even if it is announced, it wont land up in India for sure. Will be exclusive to north American markets as reports say for a few months to counter the Iphone.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Google confirms the phone: *www.techcrunch.com/2009/12/12/the-google-phone-unlocked-confirmed-and-more-details/

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

Rumors are suggesting the device would be launched by Google in early January, but there's also speculation the Nexus One/Google phone could just be a test device for trying out the latest Android platform. It's also possible that Google could be developing the hardware and software, but wouldn't produce or brand the device. Instead, the company could license its design out to other manufacturers, a very Microsoft-like move.

So will Google be launching a phone next month? The strongest rumors sure seem to be pointing that way, but as always there's no guarantee.

Firm details confirming that Google would launch the Nexus One/Google phone on its own are still pretty scarce . There are also a lot of arguments against Google coming up with its own device. The primary one being that if Google produced its own device, it could scare off or upset Google's Android converts such as Motorola and HTC. Nevertheless, a Google-developed phone could be an interesting addition to the continuing smartphone battle.

Its plain speculation.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Dude.. *googlemobile.blogspot.com/2009/12/android-dogfood-diet-for-holidays.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom