ThinkDigit Chefs

aaruni

The Linux Guy
When we say "pure" we mean, not egg, since many people claim vegetarian status eat eggs. We call them "eggetarian".

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
But "Pure" vegetarian means, not consuming onion and garlic... There are restaurants that are labelled "Pure Vegetarian" for this purpose..
Thats something to do with religion and is retarded, i know :p

Soup without onion or garlic is :angry_NF:

That's the Jain way of having food.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
didn't mean to offend you there. Cause I come across these topics now and then and as a non-veg I don't have much thing to say. That is a good point to speak, that is why I asked.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
I don't even care anymore about what people call people. For me, its simple. "Vegetarian is what I eat. Non vegetarian is what I don't eat." simple.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
didn't mean to offend you there. Cause I come across these topics now and then and as a non-veg I don't have much thing to say. That is a good point to speak, that is why I asked.

None taken.
Still, don't know why there's such a huge fuss about non-veg vs veg.

I mean it is how nature works. Evolution made us to be omnivorous and that's how we should be instead of punishing those who eat any form of animal meat (except cannibalism of course, that is sick).

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Some idiots be vegetarians because "its immoral to eat other living things".

I am vegetarian because I've never eaten meat, etc, and at this point in my life, I don't really want to change (simply out of habit).

johans

Right off the assembly line
Chicken Karaage (Sesame Fried Chicken)

Chicken Karaage is a crispy Japanese sesame fried chicken, a homemade recipe that is the best chicken karaage recipe and even nutritious than the Japanese restaurants.

I assume many of you love Japanese chicken karaage, or popularly known as sesame fried chicken at Japanese restaurants. Chicken karaage is one of my favorite Japanese dishes; imagine marinated chicken deep-fried to crispy and crunchy goodness. They are very addictive.

This chicken karaage recipe calls for very simple ingredients but the end result would rival the best Japanese restaurants. The chicken is well marinated with sake (Japanese cooking wine), ginger juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and coated in cornstarch before frying. It’s that simple.

You can marinate the chicken for as little as 10 minutes but it’s best to marinate for 3 hours. For serving, make use of mayonnaise and a slice of lemon, but chicken karaage is delicious as it is. Enjoy!

Ingredients

12 ounces boneless chicken thighs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
1 tsp sake
1 tsp grated garlic
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp usukuchi soy sauce
1 beaten egg
3 tsps cornstarch
2 cups vegetable oil
1 lemon

Directions

Rinse the chicken, cut off any excess fat and pat dry. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 tsp of the salt and the pepper. Using a sharp knife, score the chicken, especially in the fibrous parts of the chicken. Use the point of the knife to make small holes in the chicken, then cut the chicken in bite-size (1 1/2-inch) pieces.

In a bowl combine the chicken, garlic, sake, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix well, rub the marinade into the chicken. Marinate for 3 hours in the refrigerator.

Add the egg gradually to the chicken while mixing with your hands. Add the cornstarch and lightly toss to coat the chicken. In a medium pan heat the vegetable oil over medium heat until a deep-frying thermometer reads 335 degrees F. Fry the chicken, a few pieces at a time, until they turns golden brown, about 10 minutes (the internal temperature of the meat should be 165 degrees F). Shake off any excess grease.Plate the chicken and garnish with lemon wedges before serving.

A very different way of cooking….Yeah! Japanese style.

So stay hooked to this page of CRB Tech Solutions for to satiate your yummy tummy.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
A super simple and an easily made recipe in under 20 minutes. A great savior when time is a constraint.

The recipe

Prep time: 10 minutes

Cook time : 15 minutes

Total time : 20 minutes

Recipe type: Main

Serves: Serves 2

Ingredients

1 cup Dry Penne Pasta
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 small diced Shallots
1 minced Garlic clove
¾ cup chopped Roasted Red Peppers
2 tsps edible Yeast
¾ cup Macadamia Nut Milk
3 tsps Tomato Passata
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
½ tsp Red Chilli Flakes
Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
¼ cup chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
Extra chopped Flat Leaf Parsley (for garnishing )
Extra edible Yeast ( for garnishing)
How to proceed:

Boil a large pot of water, and then season generously with salt before adding dry Pasta to the pot. Once you add pasta, stir and let cook according to package instructions (8-10 minutes).
You want to cook your pasta until it is almost firm to the bite, as you will be heating it up and cooking it with the sauce for a few minutes after which will finish the pasta cooking process.
Whilst your pasta is cooking, in a saucepan, heat up Olive Oil over low to medium heat and then diced Shallot and minced Garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, or till lightly golden.
Transfer cooked Shallot and Garlic into a blender and add Roasted Red Peppers, edible Yeast, Macadamia Nut Milk, Tomato Passata and Red Chilli Flakes.
Blend on high until it gets completely smooth.
Pour sauce back into saucepan and allow it to simmer. Taste and season with Salt and Pepper.
Drain almost cooked Pasta well and add pasta to simmering Red Pepper sauce. Stir, and cook pasta and sauce together for a minute or two or until the pasta has absorbed some of the sauce and thickened it up.
Turn heat off and add ¼ cup chopped Flat Leaf Parsley to saucepan. Mix well and dish out.
Garnish with more Flat Leaf Parsley and Nutritional Yeast.
Enjoy!
Hope you like it!

Well try it and let me know in comment below.
What can we use instead of m academia nut milk? Does regular milk work? Intend to try this out today. Will post results.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Cant ignore yeast i guess.. very important for good taste

- - - Updated - - -

BTW u tried schezwan noodles, very easy to make and tastes so much better than maggi or instant noodles

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Cook some schezwan sauce in advance, or buy chings schezwan chutney, cook noodles al dante , cook vegetables add schezwan, soya, vinegar, pepper, oregano, MSG if u want and add noodles stir..

tastes so damn good

aaruni

The Linux Guy
So much stuff that I need to try. Pasta plan shifted to tomorrow, no ingredients, and too lazy to go to market. This thing after exams.

johans

HI, Welcome again to my recipe junction again..

Mexican Meatloaf.
If you wanna try a meat loaf then Mexican styled shoube be the only choice. They are super yummy!

So long we have been writing about chicken recipes, so we decided to bring some changes, as nothing monotonous is good. Today we write about a beef recipe even you can substitute the meat with that of turkey.

I knew a lady whose first husband loved meat loaf and she didn’t liked beef, so she used to substitute the meat with turkey without her husband’s knowledge. So the day she took separation from him she told him the truth to which he replied “yet I loved that”. They are parted though , but as I learned later the wify started eating meet and the man took to eating turkey.

Let’s start with the recipe methods.

Ingredients

2 lb extra lean beef, grind
1 1/2 cup crushed tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup salsa + 1/2 cup salsa
2 eggs
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can green chilies (127ml)
3 green onions, chopped

How to proceed

Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a big bowl, add grind beef, tortillas, cheese, 2/3 cup salsa, eggs, taco seasoning and green chilies. With your hands, combine the mixture until everything is mixed together well.
Add meat to a loaf pan. Place on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 1 to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until meat is cooked. Make sure it is cooked.
Remove from oven and allow it to cook for a few minutes before flipping over onto a serving platter. Spread 1/2 cup salsa and green onions on top. Serve hot.
This meatloaf is moist, a bit spicy and is easy to cook.

For chicken lovers, you can substitute ground chicken as I do.

Instead of removing the entire loaf from the pan, I find it’s way easier to cut into slices on a serving platter vs. trying to use a knife in a loaf pan.

I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do!

Try it once with any meat substitute and I bet on your frequent practice of having it in dinner. If you do some experiment with the said recipe then share your succes.

johans

Clean Eating Almond Butter Fudge!!

Welcome to the recipe junction. Today I write about this almond butter fudge which would definitely be a variation to your sweet cravings.

How many of you are a taste-while-you-cook type of girl? Well myself I do that.

You have great options or choice of using peanut butter, cashew butter, Sunbutter or any other nut butter if you prefer or of your choice. You could also try using pistachio butter and wish it weren’t so expensive. I think it would be wonderful in this recipe.

Though almond butter is yet my favorite for this clean eating fudge recipe.

Almond Butter Fudge

Ingredients
1/2 cup almond butter OR allergy-friendly alternative

2 1/2 tbsp virgin coconut oil (25g) or coconut butter

optional 2 1/2 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice*

optional: a few drops maple extract

Total Time: 5m

Yield: 8-13 servings

Methods to proceed

To sweeten it, you can use honey (non-vegan), maple syrup, agave,stevia drops, etc. But my personal choice is really this without any sweetener at all, and if you’re the kind of person who loves to eat peanut butter from the jar, you might also like it unsweetened.

Be sure that you like the taste of coconut oil you are using. My favorite choice is Virgin Coconut Oil; you can also choose some other brands to have a smoky flavor.
To Make

Combine the almond butter and coconut oil or coconut butter, and gently warm until the nut butter is easily stir-able and the coconut oil is liquid. Stir in the sweetener if desired, then spoon into candy molds or a plastic container. Freeze for a few hours until solid, and store leftovers in the freezer.

A very simple yet good dessert option. Anybody of the age range from kids to aged would love and relish it. I remember a small lid who used to tell her mom to make her the fudge recipe very often. So that lady used to cook in big quantity and store in fridge. And whenever the little girl asked for it, she used to give her a generous amount. And the bright smile in the little angel’s face used to lighten mine.

Even I love the one with pistachio butter, a bit expensive though but being a hardcore foodie I prefer to have it, to satiate my soul.

johans

Nashville Hot Chicken

Prep time : 35 minutes

Cook time: 35 minutes

Total time: 1hr 10 minutes

Welcome back friends! Today will brings you a spicy fried chicken recipe.

Who doesn’t like chicken if it comes to meat lovers. But what exactly is Nashville Hot Chicken? You might find the name Hot Chicken from everywhere from McDonalds to trendy restaurants, but this newly nationwide popular chicken has been popular in Nashville for years.
The main ingredient that transforms fried chicken into special Nashville Hot Chicken, is smearing it in a cayenne paste that’s primarily a blend of McCormick Ground Red Cayenne Pepper and frying oil. But not to worry, if you are concerned about this chicken being too hot and spicy for your family and friends – the heat level is customizable. You can omit Nashville Hot Sauce and have a mega flavorful chicken, or you can slightly brush your chicken with a little Nashville Hot Sauce for a mild explosion of heat.

Ingredients

4-5 pounds of boned chicken pieces

Vegetable oil for frying

For the buttermilk marinade

2 cups buttermilk

1 1/2 tsps Spice Rub

2 bay leaves

Spice Rub

1 1/2 tsps McCormick® salt

1 tsp paprika

1 tsp onion powder

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp chili powder

2 tsp pepper

1 tsp dried crushed oregano

1 tsp dried basil

1 tsp cayenne pepper

Buttermilk Egg Wash

2 eggs

1 cup buttermilk

1/4 cup hot sauce

Flour Breading

3 1/2 cups maida

1 tsp baking powder

Remaining Spice Rub

Nashville Hot Sauce

2 tsps hot sauce

2 tsps butter, melted

2 tsps brown sugar

1 tsp cayenne pepper

1 tsp Spice Rub

1/2 tsps smoked paprika

3/4 cup vegetable oil

Whisk all of the Spice Rub seasonings together in a small bowl. Remove 1 ½ tsps Spice Rub to a bowl along with 2 cups buttermilk and 2 bay leaves. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours up to overnight.

When ready to cook, remove 1 tsp Spice Rub to a small bowl for Nashville Hot Sauce. Mix all remaining Nashville Hot Sauce ingredients except butter.

Prepare the Buttermilk Egg Wash by whisking 2 eggs together with 1 cup buttermilk and ¼ cup hot sauce in a small bowl.

Prepare Flour Breading by whisking 3 ½ cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder and all remaining Spice Rub spices together in a bowl.

Work with 1 piece of chicken at a time, slather chicken in Flour, shake of any excess, coat in Buttermilk Egg Wash, shake of any excess, then slather once more in Flour, shake of any excess and place chicken on a baking rack. Repeat until all the chicken pieces get coated.

Add enough vegetable oil to your oven until oil measures 3” deep. Heat over medium high heat until oil temperature raises 375 degrees F. Add 3-4 chicken pieces to your oven in a single layer, cover, and cook 7 minutes. Flip chicken over, cover and continue to fry until chicken’s internal temperature reaches 160 degrees or 165 degrees for dark meat, about 5-7 minutes.

Remove fried chicken to paper towel lined baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken is cooked.

In the meanwhile, whisk melted butter to your Nashville Hot Sauce until smooth. Allow the chicken to cool slightly then brush with desired amount of Sauce. You can adjust the spiciness of your chicken by simply adding more or less Nashville Hot Sauce.

Hope you liked it, try this new recipe and let me know your experience.

johans

Mouth Watering Peri Peri Chicken

Recipe type: Main

Cuisine: Portuguese

Serves: 4-6

Another chicken recipe but this time a paleo friendly recipe. CRB Tech Reviews beings you a Portuguese chicken recipe for a change.
I know a lot of people loves this chicken recipe. And here we present you a bit lighter and fresher tasting version, but it retains the same lemony chilli kick. It can be cooked both in the oven and also on the barbie so you get an extra charring and that flame grilled taste.

This makes an amazing dinner served with salad and roasted pumpkin and sweet potato, any left overs would be great stuffed into a pitta (this is not so paleo friendly though).

A note about the hotness level. The chilli content is pretty low, making it great for all the members of the family and kids can relish it too. If you have a higher level of tolerance to chilli then can up the quantities.

Remember that anyone who likes an extra spicy meal could add a sprinkle of hot paprika or more chilli flakes to their Peri Peri Chicken when they sit down to eat.

Peri Peri Chicken

Cook time: 45 minutes

Total time: 45 minutes

Peri Peri Chicken is a great recipe for an authentic Portuguese chicken, this recipe of chicken is easy, delicious and paleo friendly.

Ingredients

3 cloves of garlic

Juice and zest of one lemon

Juice of one orange.

60ml olive oil

2 tsp sweet paprika

¼ tsp black pepper

½ tsp chilli flakes (more if you like it more hot)

1 tsp dried oregano

1kg Chicken pieces

½ tsp salt

1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley for serving
Instructions

Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/180°C .

Place the garlic, lemon juice, orange juice and olive oil into a processor and give the mixture a turn until you have a rough paste.

Add the lemon zest, sweet paprika, black pepper, chilli flakes and oregano.

Mix on a low setting until well blended.

Pour the marinate into a plastic bowl or a large ziplock bag.

Add the chicken pieces and leave to marinate for at least an hour but overnight marination will give a great flavor.

Lay the chicken out in a baking dish, sprinkle over the salt and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.

Carefully baste the chicken with the pan juices and served sprinkled with fresh parsley.

Yeah! And it’s ready

Top Bottom