The Worst Thing about Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Din, your theory of Maruti is not allowd to make stereo system doesn't fit. It would have been valid if Maruti makes a stereo system, disallowing installation of any other 3rd party stereo like kenwood or Sony.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ I fail to understand the logic where you consider the case of Shoe and Laces as a valid comparison but the stereo thing as not!

Anyways, won't digress from the topic. So no offtopic replies from me.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
that was an example of what is an integral part of something and what is not .... a music system is not an integral part of a car where as today an internet browser and media player are :)

din

Tribal Boy
I am really sorry for going too much away from the topic, anyway

@gx_saurav

Maruti is supposed to make cars only. They are not supposed to make a sterreo and give it free with a car.

Point 1 - This is business law to avoid unhealthy compettion (rule against killing competition).

Point 2 - Again and again, this has nothing to do with customer. Customer may be happy with the stereo, he may not be unhappy without it. That does not matter in this case. Here the company have to follow some rules. Just to make the customer happy they just can't do everything - which is against the laws / rules.

Sorry, can't explain more than this,lol.

@iMav

Car and stereo = OS and browser or OS and media player. They have other option for a browser or a media player. They can install any, so it is not something un-avoidable

Shoe and lace = OS with keyboard and mouse support. Almost all cases we need keyboard and mouse support for an OS, that is un-avoidable. Evenif mouse is not there, we need atlast keyboard support.

If a court ask MS to give Windows without keyboard support + mouse support = foolishness

If a court ask MS to give Windows without browser and media player = they are making it clear that MS has to follow the rules.

Please, shall we go back to the topic and may be the mac boys will be able to explain more - based on the topic ?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
what rules are that ... MS has been coding IE and wmp for long its not like today they have decided to bundle it .... its their code and they have the right to sell if MS is wrong in doing so Apple is wrong .... some 1 said step motherly treatment this is a perfect example of sheer hatred and step motherly treatment against a single company a company that makes to things cant bundle them together waah din kya logic hai ...

in other words i shud not make my own sensors simply because another company makes it .... great man great logic ....

din

Tribal Boy
@iMav

OK, now I got it ! You are pretending you didn't get the logic. I do not want to continue on this as there is no use in explainig the same thing again and again. Ok, before I stop, kindly google for two things

1. The browser bundling issue that happened before where the US court ordered against MS

2. The MP bundling issue that happened recently in EU - again order against MS

Read it carefully and you will know what a company can do in business and what they can not. Also you will find article which will answer your questions - that is what rule, which rule etc.

I stop the arguement here as I explained the points very well and there is no use in trying to wake up someone whos already awake ;)

Please carry on. Bye.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya i understood only a few things ....

1 of them being .... maruti cant make music systems and put them in their car because there are other companies making music systems so it is illegal for maruti to do so ....

din

Tribal Boy
Who are all the guys talking about the car stuff in an apple thread ? ? Get em and we will (myself and iMav) will beat em up right now, tell their names, fast :D

We were discussing things like ..

Dashboard is a rip of Konfabulator, Spaces a copy previous Virtual Deskop features, Cover Flow was actually purchased from a 3rd party developer, the iPhone ads are a blatant rips of a film "Telephones"

@iMav

Any clue whats Goobi taking about ? ? Car ? :D

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i dont have any clue .... goobi whats wrong with u man ... did apple start making cars ... why are u talking about cars here :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Weird...I don't know what I was thinking about. Must have been dreaming of Priyanka Chopra or something...was not in my senses...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom