The Witcher 3

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
ROFL... That's the level of excitement right now.. I am not even thinking before writing. If you have taken Triss then allow me to take Ciri ;)
Well all the best catching her. You gonna need the entire 100 hours to get to her

I will make do with my redhead. Yen seems too high maintenance... :D

DDIF

Custom User Title
Guys better use this argument time to play Witcher. Wasting time proving which card is good is gonna get you both nothing.
PS: If you so get a reward for proving which one is right then do tell me, I will join the argument. :D

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Calm down boys. Let the expert judge where the truth lies. So please give Witcher 3 and compatible graphics card/s for testing these claims out.

Thank you.

Piyush

Lanaya
Some 700MB was left 3 days back. I resumed today morning and it started back from 13GB. This is so much annoying.

cs4sid

Broken In
I need some help with downloading Witcher 3 from GOG Galaxy, never used it before. There's no pause option in it and I can't keep my desktop running 24x7 for 3-4 days :-( .. I got 4 Mbps internet plan with a FUP of 20 GB. Please help is there any way I can download from GOG without having to download the entire thing all at once :|

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I need some help with downloading Witcher 3 from GOG Galaxy, never used it before. There's no pause option in it and I can't keep my desktop running 24x7 for 3-4 days :-( .. I got 4 Mbps internet plan with a FUP of 20 GB. Please help is there any way I can download from GOG without having to download the entire thing all at once :|
Its cool man. Gog galaxy is still in development :)

You can close galaxy from the tray while a download is in progress and it will resume the download next time you launch galaxy. So this is the pause option for now

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Took me 7 hours to complete the prologue lol. Man this game is huge :D

And I killed the first boss in one go, but battle took 20 mins on hard and a lot of chicken sandwiches with the occasional gulp of swallow....

Fighting is so much more tactical now.

cs4sid

Broken In
Its cool man. Gog galaxy is still in development :)

You can close galaxy from the tray while a download is in progress and it will resume the download next time you launch galaxy. So this is the pause option for now

What really? I had downloaded 2-3 % of the game, closed the Galaxy client from the tray and it restarted the download :-? So, I just need to confirm before I use up all my FUP and get nothing, if I close galaxy, shutdown the computer and the next time when I start it, it will continue the download? :|

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
What really? I had downloaded 2-3 % of the game, closed the Galaxy client from the tray and it restarted the download :-? So, I just need to confirm before I use up all my FUP and get nothing, if I close galaxy, shutdown the computer and the next time when I start it, it will continue the download? :|
That's how it happened for me. Though I installed the game from disc, there were 1 GB worth of three patches, and they downloaded over multiple galaxy sessions every time resuming from where they were left at.

I guess your best bet is to download from gog.com

There you will find chopped down binaries which you can download on your browser one by one and then install it. Galaxy will automatically detect your installation next time you launch.

BTW by any chance are you using beam? Coz the plan you mentioned sounds like the one I had before

cs4sid

Broken In
Nah its Airtel, Beam/Act are not available in Delhi :-( ... I pay the same amount Beam guys pay for their 20 mbps connection :-x

EDIT: I was wrong, I pay more -.-

Last edited:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Nah its Airtel, Beam/Act are not available in Delhi :-( ... I pay the same amount Beam guys pay for their 20 mbps connection :-x
Lol. I get 15 Mbps with 60 GB fup for 1122 per month on beam. Post fup is 5 Mbps

You should download from gog.com. that will be the best solution for you.

cs4sid

Broken In
Lol. I get 15 Mbps with 60 GB fup for 1122 per month on beam. Post fup is 5 Mbps

You should download from gog.com. that will be the best solution for you.
Alright I will try that, is there a GOG downloader or will it use browser completely? I don't trust chrome.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Alright I will try that, is there a GOG downloader or will it use browser completely? I don't trust chrome.
They previously had a gog downloader. But that got deprecated and replaced by galaxy. So chrome is your best friend. I have downloaded my gog games on browser many times. Don't worry. Just don't close you browser

Or better try using IDM.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Some 700MB was left 3 days back. I resumed today morning and it started back from 13GB. This is so much annoying.

whenever update comes to games when they are downloading , the download restarts even i faced same problem while downloading payday 2........

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
But there is something unique about gog galaxy. It applies patches in the background while you play. So yday I was playing 1.02 and then later on I went to load a game save and I saw some stating 1.02 and the latest save was with 1.03. I dunno how they achieved it but even steam doesn't have this feature.

Top Bottom