The Witcher 3

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Keplar is old tech, in-fact too old. If the same had happened to rebranded AMD cards from Last GCN before hawaii, AMD loyalists would have told, that its a commonplace event that demanding games would run terribly in older hardware, because? industry..of course, if the older gen was so powerful in the first place, why give birth to newer techs?

But since it happened with Nvidia, their stance with gameworks now is totally on the aggresive where it was debated and settled number of times in past that GW from nvidia is not an obstruction for AMD owners between their card and the game. In-fact, Watch-dogs, AC unity, Far Cry 4 has been proved to be performing equally well, sometimes even better in AMD cards such as 290X, 290 than 780s and titans.. only the AMD GPU's did not have access to propertiery featuers like PCSS, Phyx and all...

AMD should keep up fast...perhaps releasing "new" and "powerful" tech sooner...no one is stopping AMD to take rights and instigate optimization under a platform where they have something as good as gameworks in terms of features...where is mantle now?

What can be said about below then?

Well my issue is not really with NVidia screwing AMD users. I'm sure a few driver updates will improve the performance noticeably and both companies have their proprietary features. However, the GTX 780 was one of the top cards barely a year back and the 960 barely beats the 760 in other games that also use Gameworks. And over here we see the 780 struggling to match the 960! This clearly shows that NVidia used a much awaited game as a way to force their own users to "upgrade" to the 900 series.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
AMD Radeon Cards Get Improved Performance In Witcher 3 With Reduced Tessellation Levels - 180 Days Since Catalyst WHQL Drivers Issued

bikramjitkar

In the zone
How to run Hairworks on AMD cards without crippling performance

AMD Radeon Cards Get Improved Performance In Witcher 3 With Reduced Tessellation Levels - 180 Days Since Catalyst WHQL Drivers Issued

Thanks for the link guys! This works wonderfully well! I'm now using the 15.4 beta catalyst drivers with 8x tesselation and the hair on Geralt's head looks like it came from a shampoo commercial with no frame drops! :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Thanks for the link guys! This works wonderfully well! I'm now using the 15.4 beta catalyst drivers with 8x tesselation and the hair on Geralt's head looks like it came from a shampoo commercial with no frame drops! :D

Screenshot of the head. Front and back.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
*i.imgur.com/izxYzfu.jpg

Ugly truth from Nvidia :-x, New Witcher 3 ready driver doesn't support GTX780,770,760,680,670,660 and 780Ti. Latest driver that support these cards is 347.88. Everyone should downgrade to this version(if you have these cards) otherwise it will cause performance problems. F**k you Nvidia you just lost a customer :-x

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
butthurt? lol, 1080P ultra at 50 FPS average hairworks on, VRAM not even exceeding 3gigs. Who's talking?

zzz dude i wasn't even pointing to you, you always have to put ur tail in between other people's comment.........

BTW for a 4 year old gpu competing against nvidia's months old architecture, now look who is talking.....

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see about that. Hint.- DX12 :cool:

*wccftech.com/amd-r9-290x-fast-titan-dx12-enabled-3dmark-33-faster-gtx-980/

:mrgreen:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
zzz dude i wasn't even pointing to you, you always have to put ur tail in between other people's comment.........

BTW for a 4 year old gpu competing against nvidia's months old architecture, now look who is talking.....

- - - Updated - - -

AMD R9 290X As Fast As Titan X in DX12 Enabled 3DMark - 33% Faster Than GTX 980

:mrgreen:

The forum is not your heirloom so that you have the ownership to decide who's gonna comment where.

BTW there is no competition...coz there is none to compete with...

The Witcher 3 Graphics Performance Review - DirectX 11 class graphics card performance UXGA and Full HD

The so called Fastest GPU on some planet 295X2 lagging behind a GTX 970. So much for dual GPU king...

Now go ahead and tell that gameworks crippled the performances....

Go ahead and say...AMD always brings down the price of all their GPUs to Rs. 20 to have an edge in VFM segment even though they have not seen the face of a positive revenue growth in last 2 years and is almost risking a bankruptsy.

That 3dMark you posted showed some interesting benches when Mantle came around first, then suddenly a new-lineup proved them wrong one maxwell at a time...need I remind about the Battlefield4 fiasco? :lol:

Get pragmatic and do a reality check, R9 series from AMD was a serious revelation, it jettisoned the GPU market to a healthier more competitive sector where people could choose away great and cheaper cards...nvidia's Keplar slogged like a bone-weary mule to keep up with that, Mantle was ground breaking too. But that can not ...can never underrate the betterments maxwell brought on the plate.

Learn to accept the goodness of what actually is good. Everyone knows 970 has 3.5G+ 0.5G Vram, when you argue with a notion of convicting it against poor performance, you should come up with charts, not bs.

jasku

In the zone
Are you nVidia dudes, especially the ones with 970 and latest drivers facing issues? I came across a couple game freeze moments in the exact same place in Vizima, just frustrating, on day one the game crashed a couple times.

Top Bottom