The Witcher 3

gameranand

Living to Play
Going by the amount of patches, I'll wait a few months before buying and playing the game. I prefer a complete product.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Going by the amount of patches, I'll wait a few months before buying and playing the game. I prefer a complete product.
Well, it is a complete game. No way a game can be completely perfect at release especially a game of this size.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Well, it is a complete game. No way a game can be completely perfect at release especially a game of this size.
Yup true. If software products were perfect there wouldn't be jobs

No matter how long you wait it will never be perfect.

And as of now, you can finish the game just fine no problem. Those patches are mainly focusing on graphics due to the downgrade fiasco.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
And because of these reasons I usually play when the maintainance phase is over for the game from developers.
That is your personal preference. You anyway had no hype for tw3 so its understandable - the wait I mean. For the others like me , a single day wait is impossible

So bugs or no bugs who cares...

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Has anyone faced the problem of the game not starting at all, even after repeated attempts?

Ajob byapar.... :/

Nope. I dunno about the others facing problems with galaxy as well, but it works flawlessly for me.

No bugs so far. Getting achievements. Its tracking my game time. Update games automatically in the background while I play. Don't even have to stop playing for update. And game launches within a minute.

Constant 60fps on med at 1080p with an 860m

There are in game bugs though but that is understandable.

Does you system meet min. requirements?

Last edited:

DDIF

Custom User Title
And because of these reasons I usually play when the maintainance phase is over for the game from developers.
There aren't many bugs, the patches mostly add functionality and support for changing keys and support for gfx cards.
And believe me buddy you do wanna play this game as soon as you come back. I will share my library with you, this is awesome game. And the difficulty settings are to your perfect liking.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl

Good decision . Cd projekt games contains lot of bugs and witcher 3 is no exception . Just few more patches + mod support kit and you will get definitive experience .

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Good decision . Cd projekt games contains lot of bugs and witcher 3 is no exception . Just few more patches + mod support kit and you will get definitive experience .
You are talking as if other developers create perfect games. Show me one game with zero bugs. Its impossible. Being an industrial product developer myself, I can say its near impossible to have no bugs no matter how careful you are.

And project this scale.... Need I say more?

The experience now itself is no less than definitive; buddy.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
That is your personal preference. You anyway had no hype for tw3 so its understandable - the wait I mean. For the others like me , a single day wait is impossible

So bugs or no bugs who cares...
He already has a huge backlog list to complete and Witcher 3 is added in the queue.

You are talking as if other developers create perfect games. . Being an industrial product developer myself, I can say its near impossible to have no bugs no matter how careful you are.
Show me one game with zero bugs. Its impossible
I agree bugs are there..but I have played many games and found no bugs (whole play through was smooth) may be bcoz I am not a game tester and casual gamer.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
You are talking as if other developers create perfect games. Show me one game with zero bugs. Its impossible. Being an industrial product developer myself, I can say its near impossible to have no bugs no matter how careful you are.

And project this scale.... Need I say more?

The experience now itself is no less than definitive; buddy.

Well i am saying this generally for all game . The experience get much better after mods + update + new display driver etc . If you have bought witcher 1 and witcher 2 at launch , you must have known how buggy the game was till they released new updates . Thats why we got enchanced edition for both the game .

Witcher 3 is massive and therefore will have bugs . There are many people who are facing clunky control , crashing on nvidia 9XX GPU , hairwork massive fps drop , game breaking bug . So its best to wait till they sort out most of the major problem .

I have also bought it day1 and haven't faced any major bugs or crash . But there are lots of people who are getting it .

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
He already has a huge backlog list to complete and Witcher 3 is added in the queue.

I agree bugs are there..but I have played many games and found no bugs (whole play through was smooth) may be bcoz I am not a game tester and casual gamer.
I know of his backlog. don't all of us have that?

As far as the other matter, you say you are a casual gamer. Well tw3 with its current bugs should be fine for you then. No game breaking bugs. At least not like some games I have played in the past that were just unplayable due to the bugs.

setanjan123

In the zone
Guys who are having problems with the game starting make sure FRAPS isn't running in the background. Quit it and then start the game. This is what happened with me at least

gameranand

Living to Play
Are yaar don't take this wrong way. I totally respect CDPR and love them for their work. The thing is that I always prefer to play games when their development and maintaitance is over partly because of my crossfire setup and partly because I like to play games with all the DLCs and everything.

[MENTION=22661]ManiDhillon[/MENTION]
Thanks bade bhaiya. :D Will contact you after when I come back.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well i am saying this generally for all game . The experience get much better after mods + update + new display driver etc . If you have bought witcher 1 and witcher 2 at launch , you must have known how buggy the game was till they released new updates . Thats why we got enchanced edition for both the game .

Well not to appear rude or anything the Enhanced edition didn't signify a bug free game. They actually changed the UI & stuff much like what Valve does with Dota 2 updates & stuff. What it actually meant is this:

At Game Developers Conference 2008, CD Projekt RED announced an enhanced version of the game which was released on 16 September 2008. The significant changes featured in the enhanced version are over 200 new animations, additional NPC models and recoloring of generic NPC models as well as monsters, vastly expanded and corrected dialogues in translated versions, improved stability, redesigned inventory system and load times reduced by roughly 80%.[16][17][18] In addition, all bugs are said to be fixed and the game manual completely overhauled. There are also two new adventures available to play through: Side Effects and The Price of Neutrality. A new option is to mix and match ten different languages of voice and subtitles. For instance, players can now choose to play the game with Polish voices and English subtitles. Other featured languages are Russian, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Czech, Hungarian and Chinese.

Source

Jesus man! How can you say that ? And no product is ever bug free. Even DOTA, which was created so many years back, is being updated regularly for bug.

Damn it , WItcher! You used axii on me to make me a CDP fanboi. :mrgreen:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Jesus man! How can you say that ? And no product is ever bug free. Even DOTA, which was created so many years back, is being updated regularly for bug.

Calm down roach

He is just a drowner.... Hasn't seen the world in its full glory hence the naivety....

iittopper

Wise Old Owl

clearly you haven't played witcher 2 on first day . Anyways i am out of it . peace :)

Top Bottom