The Windows Mobile Thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So after so much time, have anybody found out the best way to keep a backup of WhatsApp on windows phone? In Android, just keeping a copy of the .db.crypt file does the job. And which incidently is kept on SD card, so a phone reset doesn't wipe it out. But in Windows phone the file is kept on internal memory, with no means to copy the file.

Lost my dad years of convo due to this.

Flash

Lost in speed
^ Whatsapp usually creates a folder 'Whatsapp' in the Storage/Whatsapp/WinPhoneBackup/ and stores messages as messages.db for the last 5 days.

braindead

Bankaiiiii
Microsoft is the worst!
My uncle has Lumia 638 and has forgotten the password to his live account, no possible option of recovery too.
Cannot access the store to install any new apps because password?
All he wants is do is backup his contacts to pc and reset his phone.
But i don't there is any way to do that. wtf:-x

amjath

Human Spambot
Microsoft is the worst!
My uncle has Lumia 638 and has forgotten the password to his live account, no possible option of recovery too.
Is phone number and account are linked. Then go to mail.live.com and try resetting it

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
Microsoft is the worst!

Whats wrong with you?? You can easily recover your password using secondary email account or the phone number.
Do you really think microsoft should store passwords in a encrypted dictionary with your DNA parameters as the key so that you could recover the password just by standing in front of the computer??lol

Flash

Lost in speed
Microsoft is the worst!
*account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
So after so much time, have anybody found out the best way to keep a backup of WhatsApp on windows phone? In Android, just keeping a copy of the .db.crypt file does the job. And which incidently is kept on SD card, so a phone reset doesn't wipe it out. But in Windows phone the file is kept on internal memory, with no means to copy the file.

Lost my dad years of convo due to this.

I havent faced any such issues
My backup was stored on SD card and after hard reset,it restored everything perfectly
Maybe you overlooked something

- - - Updated - - -

^ Whatsapp usually creates a folder 'Whatsapp' in the Storage/Whatsapp/WinPhoneBackup/ and stores messages as messages.db for the last 5 days.

and the backup option in whatsapp settings works perfectly to backup everything

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
secondary email doesnt work and mobile number was changed two years back.
Is there no tool or alternative?

try contacting MS via email or phone and explain your issue
If you still have the email id logged in somewhere,it might help more to prove you are the owner imho

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
Don't lose hope. :)

Try the 3rd option in this link -
"I think someone else is using my Microsoft account"
Reset your password

Select some reason then it will ask the secondary email address or phone no attached with the account to reset the password.
But here you select the 3rd option - "I don't have any of these".

Then it will ask for a email from where you can recover your account.

braindead

Bankaiiiii
Don't lose hope. :)

Try the 3rd option in this link -
"I think someone else is using my Microsoft account"
Reset your password

Select some reason then it will ask the secondary email address or phone no attached with the account to reset the password.
But here you select the 3rd option - "I don't have any of these".

Then it will ask for a email from where you can recover your account.

this doesn't work either.

i may have to copy the contacts by hand very soon:-?

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
My 920's battery life is not good anymore. It is 22 months old though.

I have three options - 1) Buy a new battery and use the 920 until Sep next year... Then buy the 950
2) Sell 920 and buy 640 - Its got good specs and has great battery life. My priority right now. It's also cheap.
3) Manage with my 920 right now and buy the 950 around April-May when it's prices are down. What do you'll say? What prices do you'll expect for 950 around that time?

Flash

Lost in speed
Coming to Pricing, here is what we can share about the launch pricing of Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL. This info is India specific but gives a fair idea about what to expect in other markets. Expect Lumia 950 to be priced around or slightly higher than 48000 INR and Lumia 950 XL around or slightly higher than 54000 INR in India
Lumia 950 & Lumia 950 XL: Dual-Sim variants, Pricing details

tkin

Back to school!!
By what time will the 950 hit 20k? sep 2016?
Probably long before that, another absolute failure from Microsoft. They have low/low-mid range phones under 15k which faces tough competition from android. Now they have a ultra high end model which no one will buy, they will mostly go for iphone or Samsung edge phones. So again we see microsoft ignoring the 20-30k segment thereby sliding down the ladder further.

Top Bottom