The Windows Mobile Thread

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Re: The Windows (Mobile) Thread

Hello everyone, I want to purchase the Lumia 540! How is it?

its great but 640 is a better buy like ssk said
even better is the 730 if you can extend your budget
you get a great camera and amoled display in 730
otherwise 640 is also good enough

Flash

Lost in speed

My L520 still didn't receive Denim update, and shows "Lumia Cyan".
Any other 520 users got the update?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

My L520 still didn't receive Denim update, and shows "Lumia Cyan".
Any other 520 users got the update?

everyone got the Denim update on every model
that is unless you bought it abroad and got it unlocked

another option is flashing the Denim rom manually
though ive never been able to succeed at that before and ended up waiting for the update

senthilsubbu

Right off the assembly line

I have Lumia 520 after doing updates my present version of installed os show 8.10.14219.341 but I heard 8.10.15116.125 version available for my phone after this site I installed windows insider app and opened the app and set it to Fast Track/Ring phone automatically restarted.Then I checked update but it shows only windows 10 technical preview update only.But I want to install windows 8.1 GDR2.Is there anything I am missing to get GDR2 update.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

I have Lumia 520 after doing updates my present version of installed os show 8.10.14219.341 but I heard 8.10.15116.125 version available for my phone after this site I installed windows insider app and opened the app and set it to Fast Track/Ring phone automatically restarted.Then I checked update but it shows only windows 10 technical preview update only.But I want to install windows 8.1 GDR2.Is there anything I am missing to get GDR2 update.

You need to install "Preview for Developers" and then check for updates not "Windows Insiders".

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Update 2 is no longer offered by that method for x20 phones
Youll have to backup and restore your phone to get rid of the W10 update

senthilsubbu

Right off the assembly line

You need to install "Preview for Developers" and then check for updates not "Windows Insiders".
But Preview for Developers app demanding me to register as developer when I try to register Microsoft directs me to pay some amount to register as developer so I avoided this option.

Update 2 is no longer offered by that method for x20 phones
Youll have to backup and restore your phone to get rid of the W10 update

It seems the only option available :oops:.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

But Preview for Developers app demanding me to register as developer when I try to register Microsoft directs me to pay some amount to register as developer so I avoided this option.

It seems the only option available :oops:.

you cant get update 2 that easily anymore,they are rolling it out as an official update now
if you really want it early and want to try the preview for developers without paying , just register here-
Windows App Studio–Free Tool to create apps in Windows Stores|Microsoft

No need to pay and it might work
just remember its really buggy atm

Top Bottom