The Windows Mobile Thread

sakumar79

Technomancer
Re: The Windows (Mobile) Thread

One general doubt I have with Windows Tablets is whether I will be able to install and run older windows programs (ie, those not downloaded through the Windows Store). Also, same question for Windows phones...

Thanks in advance,
Arun

amjath

Human Spambot

One general doubt I have with Windows Tablets is whether I will be able to install and run older windows programs (ie, those not downloaded through the Windows Store). Also, same question for Windows phones...

Thanks in advance,
Arun
Do you mean something like this.
How do I install apps from an SD card? | Windows Phone How-to (India)

sakumar79

Technomancer

Do you mean something like this.
How do I install apps from an SD card? | Windows Phone How-to (India)

No, I want to know if we can install programs like LibreOffice through their setup.exe files. We can run these on Laptops running Windows 8.1, so I want to know if there are restrictions in place in Tablets and phones which may prevent running of exe files...

Arun

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Anyone facing battery issue in lumia 525. My battery goes down from 100 to 0 in just 10hrs with little music and Web browsing and some whatsapp?
Should I get a new battery? I bought the phone at launch. Also I use tablet's charger to charge it. Is it harmful?

try using the original charger
some chargers(even powerbanks) reduce battery life(applies to all devices)

- - - Updated - - -

No, I want to know if we can install programs like LibreOffice through their setup.exe files. We can run these on Laptops running Windows 8.1, so I want to know if there are restrictions in place in Tablets and phones which may prevent running of exe files...

Arun

nah you cant do that on windows phones
its fully supported in windows tablets though(not RT based)
also office is free and very very well made on windows phone,beats any other app on android and ios too

sakumar79

Technomancer

Thanks for the info... Office 365 Personal 1 yr subscription comes free with most tablets, which
a. has to be renewed each year and hence not strictly free, and
b. is not really supposed to be used for commercial purpose, as I understand...

Thanks again,
Arun

saswat23

Human Spambot

Received Windows 8.1 Update 2 on my Karbonn Titanium Wind W4. Settings have been grouped and it feels a lot better to search.
Well this phone was on Windows 8.1 only, it didnt even receive Windows 8.1 Update (had checked a week back). Every other Windows Phone, be it Lumia or non-lumia (Karbonn & XOLO) had received windows 8.1 update around 2 months back, but mine never received. I was almost sure that mine wont receive any further updates. But just today it received 8.1 Update 2 directly from Windows 8.1, skipping WIndows 8.1 Update and WIndows 8.1 Update 1 :shock:
Great job by Karbonn. Really satisfied. Couldn't ask anything more from a 3k phone ;)

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

Received Windows 8.1 Update 2 on my Karbonn Titanium Wind W4. Settings have been grouped and it feels a lot better to search.
Well this phone was on Windows 8.1 only, it didnt even receive Windows 8.1 Update (had checked a week back). Every other Windows Phone, be it Lumia or non-lumia (Karbonn & XOLO) had received windows 8.1 update around 2 months back, but mine never received. I was almost sure that mine wont receive any further updates. But just today it received 8.1 Update 2 directly from Windows 8.1, skipping WIndows 8.1 Update and WIndows 8.1 Update 1 :shock:
Great job by Karbonn. Really satisfied. Couldn't ask anything more from a 3k phone ;)

Yup, great job by Karbonn

amjath

Human Spambot

Windows 10 is yet to come, you will get it

rajuwaste

Right off the assembly line

Is there any reason windows phone application comments section closed(if you post the comment it is not updated in that section) for the past one week.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Is there any reason windows phone application comments section closed(if you post the comment it is not updated in that section) for the past one week.

Its not closed.. It appears in a day. why do you say so?

rajuwaste

Right off the assembly line

Its not closed.. It appears in a day. why do you say so?

Look in any comment section for example few popular games are getting several comments everyday for example candy crush the last comment updated date 13/05/2015 and for whatsapp 14/05/2015.I posted comment few days before but still not updated in that specific comment section.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Look in any comment section for example few popular games are getting several comments everyday for example candy crush the last comment updated date 13/05/2015 and for whatsapp 14/05/2015.I posted comment few days before but still not updated in that specific comment section.

Correct. Tweet it to windows on Twitter.. they should look into it

Top Bottom