The Windows Mobile Thread

Flash

Lost in speed
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

[MENTION=89240]Gaurav Bhattacharjee[/MENTION] - Is this you?

VLC for Windows Phone delay continues; Windows 8.1 version almost ready | Windows Phone Central

Empirial

Youngling

In WP Central forum, I read that after updating Lumia 630 with the latest firmware update , if one installs MS Audio app then the equalizer works. Can anyone confirm this?
Btw, do connect your iem/headphone and then check.

Update Details : Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM - Software Update and Downloads - Nokia - India

EQ App : Your request appears to be from an automated process

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

In WP Central forum, I read that after updating Lumia 630 with the latest firmware update , if one installs MS Audio app then the equalizer works. Can anyone confirm this?
Btw, do connect your iem/headphone and then check.

Update Details : Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM - Software Update and Downloads - Nokia - India

EQ App : Your request appears to be from an automated process

why install manually? its preinstalled if not only then attempt to install or hard reset after backup

- - - Updated - - -

You're on beta software. Obviously you will face issues. I wanted to know about cyan users. With the final OS, has it improved or decreased the battery life?

improved massively for me on my 720,yet to update my 820 because it hasnt released yet

- - - Updated - - -

HTC One (M8) For Windows Specs and Reviews | HTC United States

When will this come to India!

i doubt it will,its supposed to be a verizon exclusive :(

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I too use class 10 for android but I had doubt for windows. If there is not much visible difference I may get higher capacity card.

class 4 should suffice but if you can afford it ,get the class 10

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I too use class 10 for android but I had doubt for windows. If there is not much visible difference I may get higher capacity card.

class 4 should suffice but if you can afford it ,get the class 10

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]
Thanks..
I got 16GB Strontium Class 10 from Amazon for 369 from the seller Guru27 on Saturday which normally retails in the range 475 - 500.

Update
Amazon.in: Buy Strontium Nitro 16Gb Class 10 MicroSDHC UHS-1 Online at Low Prices in India | Strontium Reviews & Ratings

Empirial

Youngling

why install manually? its preinstalled if not only then attempt to install or hard reset after backup

I know that 630 comes preinstalled with latest Os. I'm telling about the Update that Nokia released for 630 to fix bugs & improve performance.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0

Installed WP8.1 with Cyan from wp8.1 GDR1 on Lumia 525 through nokia software recovery tool.

Speed restored. Data back. Improved battery life :)

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

Should I go for 8.1 GDR1... is it stable? .. what are your experiences people..?
I'm on a 920.

Amithansda

Journeyman

Installed Cyan Update for my Lumia 820. Seems like all fine except the fact that I heard it can install app in sd card but I dont see any option to do it.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Installed Cyan Update for my Lumia 820. Seems like all fine except the fact that I heard it can install app in sd card but I dont see any option to do it.
Go to Setting>Storage Sense, You've an option there.

Amithansda

Journeyman

Well...I am already starting to hate this update...Message hub integration with Facebook is now gone. Only through App, I have to send messages in Facebook. Music app live tiles are gone. Me live tile is useless now. For just sharing a picture on facebook I have to use that app that does not even start when using mobile 2G net.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz

What is Microsoft's answer to low cost androids having good specs - Moto g,e , Redmi 1s, Android one. Its pathetic to see they bringing in phones like 530. The upcoming companies are taking a hit and trying to sell good mobiles with better specs ( redmi 1s 4.7 in 720p )at lower cost and MS having buttload of money is still sticking to the 4 inch 530/520 in the 7k segment. If microsoft is serious about adoption, it has to start offering better specs at lower prices.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Should I go for 8.1 GDR1... is it stable? .. what are your experiences people..?
I'm on a 920.

not yet,have it installed on my 820 with cyan but still buggy for now and battery life is bad but its certainly faster since cyan,on black it was worse
my 720 is on cyan without dp,battery life has improved since cyan

- - - Updated - - -

What is Microsoft's answer to low cost androids having good specs - Moto g,e , Redmi 1s, Android one. Its pathetic to see they bringing in phones like 530. The upcoming companies are taking a hit and trying to sell good mobiles with better specs ( redmi 1s 4.7 in 720p )at lower cost and MS having buttload of money is still sticking to the 4 inch 530/520 in the 7k segment. If microsoft is serious about adoption, it has to start offering better specs at lower prices.

+720*820(lol :p )
i feel the 30 series lumias are letdowns compared to the 20-series,all feel like downgrades in one way or another
for eg- lack of hardware buttons like camera and capacitive keys
930 looks great but lack of sd card slot and numerous hardware issues seem to plague it going by WPCentral forums
they should have continued making the 20-series ,very few lumias are still in stock - 1320,1520,1020,925,520,530,630

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

I am disappointed with the 2200 mAh batteries of 830 & 730. Really want to see battery tests.

- - - Updated - - -

not yet,have it installed on my 820 with cyan but still buggy for now and battery life is bad but its certainly faster since cyan,on black it was worse
my 720 is on cyan without dp,battery life has improved since cyan

Thanks.. man.. have downloaded it but did not install.. had my doubts... \
Now I won't install.. will wait for Lumia denim.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

I am disappointed with the 2200 mAh batteries of 830 & 730. Really want to see battery tests.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks.. man.. have downloaded it but did not install.. had my doubts... \
Now I won't install.. will wait for Lumia denim.

yeah i hope denim brings more to the table for older lumias as well though
the 730 is more of a downgrade over my 720 imho,lacks a camera button,lacks capacitive keys,no glance screen but the cpu-gpu,front camera and screen upgrades are welcome changes but not enough for me to get it over the 720
the 830 is a different equation altogether,it looks the best among the entire 30-series atm
snapdragon 800/801 would have made it even juicier but specs dont make much of a difference on wp unlike android
10MP pureview sensor is a serious upgrade even though 720's 6.7MP and 820's 8MP are downsized pureview sensors,it will have a massive difference in quality imho
the batteries of the 730 and 830 wont match the battery life of the battery legend-720 and 820

if theres a lumia or infact any phone i look forward to , its the 830 atm overall

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Is there any good app for GChat as well as Yahoo Messenger?

I don't mind installing separate apps too. Suggest me some good ones.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Is there any good app for GChat as well as Yahoo Messenger?

I don't mind installing separate apps too. Suggest me some good ones.

theres also nimbuzz
used to use it when i was on symbian and s40 wayy back :D :p
worked well then,dunno about now
worth a shot though

Top Bottom