The Windows Mobile Thread

amjath

Human Spambot
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

when is the official seeding date for windows phone 8.1 in India??
Its for my friend who owns Lumia 1320

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

No one posted about this! Why?
Windows Phone 8.1 gets official file manager

I guess not many care. Never needed to use a file manager yet, but I can see that it will be useful to some. WP is really grown up well now. Still, its the smoothness and quick turnaround times for basic actions and the wonderfully accurate keyboard that gets me everytime :)

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz

Nokia Lumia 638 quietly goes up for pre-order China - GSMArena.com news

They should release this instead of the 630..

Strange why they are favoring china when their govt bans use of windows on govt systems

sunil.001

Broken In

Windows update is available again. Windows Phone 8.1 Preview updated to version 12393.
The update is around 22 MB. Its minor bug fix and performance improvement. I've not updated this Update yet.

Good to see frequent updates.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

I'm just hoping for a speedy cyan rollout. 8.1 is really good but my 920 still switches off on it's own at times. Really hoping that cyan fixes it.

Flash

Lost in speed

Windows update is available again. Windows Phone 8.1 Preview updated to version 12393.
The update is around 22 MB. Its minor bug fix and performance improvement. I've not updated this Update yet.

Good to see frequent updates.
Updated. But can't see anything new..

- - - Updated - - -

Did Nokia officially start rolling out 8.1 for Lumia 820? I am getting no notifications?
Only people who've installed the Dev preview for 8.1 (like us) is getting updates.

- - - Updated - - -

iMobile finally made into WP8. :)

Sriasvsnvarma

Right off the assembly line

Lack of quality apps, Lack of free apps , OS restrictions, crap zune software, WP UI controls reminds me a lot about my old WinMo 6.5 phone.. dumb metro UI (e.g Facebook app has metro UI which is totally BS ...look at twitter metro UI ...super awesome.. ) will post about it in details this weekend for sure..this metro UI is a double edged sword..will mostly post a blog it. it been on my mind since i have started using WP. Infact MS has this habit of serving old wine in new bottle..same is for WP Current WP home-screen = Stock WinMo 6.5 home screen (present same things in square make it interactive) UI elements : It has not at all changed. We have clearly seen how UI elements got slow yet nice update...you can clearly see the difference in basic UI elements (buttons , scroll bar ,progress bar ) ..see how they looked in Windows 98,Windows XP and Windows 7. No such transition (i am not talking about animation) from WinMo 6.5 to WP7. Core-i5 2400 | Intel DH67BL | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz | 500GB Segate | CM 430 | Corsair VX550 PSU| BENQ V2410 eco LED Monitor | Genuine windows 7 & 8 64-bit | Google Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S & boring Nokia Lumia 800 :( , iPad 4 | Lumia 520
so what you mean is wp8 is boring to you so we also should feel the same and buy most worst & laggy androids. GO MAN GO TELL TO SOMEBODY ELSE, YOUR ANDROID PHONE WILL NOT WORK WITH 512MB RAM AS SMOOTHLY AS IN OUR WP8. WHAT HELL SOFTWARE IF IT ONLY WORKS SMOOTHLY WITHOUT ANY LAG WITH MINIMAL REQUIREMENTS OF 1GB RAM & 4 CORES OR 8 CORES.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Lack of quality apps, Lack of free apps , OS restrictions, crap zune software, WP UI controls reminds me a lot about my old WinMo 6.5 phone.. dumb metro UI (e.g Facebook app has metro UI which is totally BS ...look at twitter metro UI ...super awesome.. ) will post about it in details this weekend for sure..this metro UI is a double edged sword..will mostly post a blog it. it been on my mind since i have started using WP. Infact MS has this habit of serving old wine in new bottle..same is for WP Current WP home-screen = Stock WinMo 6.5 home screen (present same things in square make it interactive) UI elements : It has not at all changed. We have clearly seen how UI elements got slow yet nice update...you can clearly see the difference in basic UI elements (buttons , scroll bar ,progress bar ) ..see how they looked in Windows 98,Windows XP and Windows 7. No such transition (i am not talking about animation) from WinMo 6.5 to WP7. Core-i5 2400 | Intel DH67BL | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz | 500GB Segate | CM 430 | Corsair VX550 PSU| BENQ V2410 eco LED Monitor | Genuine windows 7 & 8 64-bit | Google Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S & boring Nokia Lumia 800 :( , iPad 4 | Lumia 520
so what you mean is wp8 is boring to you so we also should feel the same and buy most worst & laggy androids. GO MAN GO TELL TO SOMEBODY ELSE, YOUR ANDROID PHONE WILL NOT WORK WITH 512MB RAM AS SMOOTHLY AS IN OUR WP8. WHAT HELL SOFTWARE IF IT ONLY WORKS SMOOTHLY WITHOUT ANY LAG WITH MINIMAL REQUIREMENTS OF 1GB RAM & 4 CORES OR 8 CORES.

Learn to quote and read the date of a post before replying.

- - - Updated - - -

You just replied to an 2 and a half year old post.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, The Video app has got an update. Nothing has changed other than the tile colour. Now, The Tile colour isn't green. It's your accent colour now. :) Wish, Games Hub and Music apps also get this update.

Flash

Lost in speed

*media.tumblr.com/f93911a35dadb5d39b8944449693dcb9/tumblr_inline_ml0pl3F1up1qz4rgp.gif

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, The Video app has got an update. Nothing has changed other than the tile colour. Now, The Tile colour isn't green. It's your accent colour now. :) Wish, Games Hub and Music apps also get this update.

WPcentral lists following are the fixes made for the videos app.

• The Xbox Video tile on the home screen now supports custom backgrounds and theme colors, without the need of a 3rd Party App
  • We used the telemetry info from the last release to track down and fix a stability issue that over the last 30 days was causing 75% of our reported unexpected application exits
  • We fixed several download issues related to licensed content:
    • Some downloaded content was not available to play when the phone was offline (i.e. the phone did not have an internet connection or was in Airplane mode).
    • Certain behind-the-scenes timing issues could create an edge case where a piece of licensed content could not be downloaded.
    • Some downloaded content could not be played after switching to streaming via the UI.

Additional fixes include:

• An unexpected application exit after purchasing a TV season with a large number of shows.
  • Choppiness/frame rate stutter after resuming playback.
  • Links to TV seasons listed in Featured Sets were pointing to the details pages for the wrong season in that TV series.
  • An intermittent issue where Movie and TV Collections sometimes appeared empty when the phone was offline.
  • In some cases, purchased Movie and TV content was not showing in a user's collection.
  • Multiple localization issues.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

*media.tumblr.com/f93911a35dadb5d39b8944449693dcb9/tumblr_inline_ml0pl3F1up1qz4rgp.gif

- - - Updated - - -

WPcentral lists following are the fixes made for the videos app.

• The Xbox Video tile on the home screen now supports custom backgrounds and theme colors, without the need of a 3rd Party App
  • We used the telemetry info from the last release to track down and fix a stability issue that over the last 30 days was causing 75% of our reported unexpected application exits
  • We fixed several download issues related to licensed content:
    • Some downloaded content was not available to play when the phone was offline (i.e. the phone did not have an internet connection or was in Airplane mode).
    • Certain behind-the-scenes timing issues could create an edge case where a piece of licensed content could not be downloaded.
    • Some downloaded content could not be played after switching to streaming via the UI.

Additional fixes include:

• An unexpected application exit after purchasing a TV season with a large number of shows.
  • Choppiness/frame rate stutter after resuming playback.
  • Links to TV seasons listed in Featured Sets were pointing to the details pages for the wrong season in that TV series.
  • An intermittent issue where Movie and TV Collections sometimes appeared empty when the phone was offline.
  • In some cases, purchased Movie and TV content was not showing in a user's collection.
  • Multiple localization issues.

:lol: Well, That's the only change I noticed. :p

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

battery life, camera app issues also fixed in the new 22mb update, hope they fix the "call dropped" bug
anyone else have this issue? it seems very random according to some other users on WPCentral

Flash

Lost in speed

VLC Player for WindowsPhone8.1 is scheduled to be released in August.VideoLAN is working closely with AppCampus in developing this app.

*twitter.com/Nawzil8/statuses/476078245948174336

ashleybaumgardne

New to this forum

The Windows Phone Background Worker class provides an easy way to run time-consuming operations on a background thread.

Flash

Lost in speed

I too got one a couple of days ago. Don't know what has changed. :p
No. This update is out only today.

Windows Phone 8.1 Preview picks up third update, tweaks a few APIs | Windows Phone Central

Top Bottom