The Windows Mobile Thread

noob

Cyborg Agent
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Anyone tried beta GDR3 update ? I installed it yesterday and lag in music player is now gone.
Microsoft bypasses carriers to deliver early Windows Phone updates | The Verge

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Anyone tried beta GDR3 update ? I installed it yesterday and lag in music player is now gone.
Microsoft bypasses carriers to deliver early Windows Phone updates | The Verge
Its available for L520 ?
Damn. That music player lag from SD card is amongst my biggest gripes atm, along with the lack of glance screen :>

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

Installed GDR3 preview. Phone seems snappier now; the animations might have been toned down a bit but that's how it feels. Rotaton lock is here as well. :D

NL520

Broken In

installed GDR3 yesterday on my L520, now my phone has started to feel like a smartphone.
some features are essential and worth void the warranty.
since there will be no glance screen for 520 anyway, waiting 3 months for bittersweet shimmer from nokia is a total waste.
i recommend GDR3, just 38MB OTA and no data loss.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

Nokia Lumia 920 at 21K in flipkart in CyberSales Diwali offer...Grab it now...4 days left, this is insane offer..47% off!!!

Nokia Lumia 920 Price in India - Buy Nokia Lumia 920 Black Online - Nokia: Flipkart.com

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Nokia Lumia 920 at 21K in flipkart in CyberSales Diwali offer...Grab it now...4 days left, this is insane offer..47% off!!!

Nokia Lumia 920 Price in India - Buy Nokia Lumia 920 Black Online - Nokia: Flipkart.com

It was at 20 k a couple of days ago. And you could use a Standard chartered card to get another 2k off If I am remembering it correctly.

Noki Lumia 920 owners,
Have you'll faced the dust in the FFC issue?

Mine had one speck of barely visible dust in roughly 6 months.

noob

Cyborg Agent

installed GDR3 yesterday on my L520, now my phone has started to feel like a smartphone.
some features are essential and worth void the warranty.
since there will be no glance screen for 520 anyway, waiting 3 months for bittersweet shimmer from nokia is a total waste.
i recommend GDR3, just 38MB OTA and no data loss.

This beta GDR3 is for devs. Once MS delivers the final OTA of GDR3, your warranty will be back as per MS Terms and Conditions.

Its available for L520 ?
Damn. That music player lag from SD card is amongst my biggest gripes atm, along with the lack of glance screen :>

Yes. Its gone and I think i did the right thing by purchasing Class 10 SD card :) Happy now.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

I'm already a .NET developer and had that WP8 SDK downloaded long time ago when I bought the phone, as I was experimenting it :p

So it was a breeze for me :p

For others (non developers), you need to have Win 8, VS 2012 and WP8 SDK.

^ Register for a MS App Studio account for free.

Well, yeah, this is the best way for non developers :p

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Yeah..

1. Flash it via Nokia Software Updater.

Note : The update you flashed above is not Amber, there are two more steps involved.

2. After that, you need to check for updates on phone and it'll download another update which is actually amber.

3. Finally, get the App Updates (Network+, Glance, Settings etc.) from App Store.

Note : App updates are mandatory otherwise you'll face touch problems, network problems, data speed problems etc. If you are not getting app updates automatically, get it via Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions

BTW, I use SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)

This is a great app, for all WP Device, as we all face problems with System (Vendor) Apps by Nokia / Samsung / HTC, as they cannot be searched in store and peoples who face problem with App push updates.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

how did u guys managed to get the latest update?My phone still says no new updates...

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

^Get a dev account (fre), install the Preview for Developers app from the marketplace, run the app and enable preview updates, then check for updates as usual. ;)

ashusood331

Broken In

guy i heard that lumia 920 price has dropped to 19k .. is it worth buying ...? i am currently on htc one x . though i love their 925 model very much ... but yes the price difference and specs wise its not a good option now i think ... can anyone suggest between these two ..

Top Bottom