The Windows Mobile Thread

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Nowadays i fall asleep watching movies on my android tab or phone. All the movies are on my PC and i access them through wifi using es file explorer.

The only thing keeping me from trying a windows phone is the above requirement. Android plays all formats flawlessly. Since windows cant play mkvs and i doubt whether there is an app as good as es file explorer app to simply access PC files and play them wirelessly.

Can anyone enlighten me if this is possible on a windows phone ( Wirelessly streaming movies of all formats from a PC )

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

There was an app called splashtop. It streams your PC screen itself, thereby getting rid of any kind of formal incompatibility. DOnt know how it works over a local wifi network if at all..

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz

Yeah i have used splashtop to stream pc screen, but its really messy and on phone its even messier having to constantly zoom in/out/wrong touch. Its not as fluid a solution as using a file explorer to access pc files.

How come there is no mkv player yet. Seems baffling to me.

Flash

Lost in speed

Unofficial changelog reveals some new WP8 GDR3 features - GSMArena.com news

Flash

Lost in speed

What? 25K???? That too for L1020?
I bet, 30K mark atleast till L1025 arrives.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Of course. I meant the last prices before its pulled from sale. Happens to nearly every Nokia flagship.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

Since yesterday my contacts are totally fvcked up. Phone numbers appear when someone calls me, instead of their name which is already saved. Facebook photos have reverted to old ones!! :shock:

Flash

Lost in speed

Windows Phone dual-SIM hardware appearing soon: Nokia, HTC onboard - SlashGear

Krow

Crowman

I have the 1020 with me for a week. Amazing camera, but Windows Phone seriously needs many more good official apps. Macro enthusiasts will be disappointed. It can't focus if you take camera too close to subject.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

I have the 1020 with me for a week. Amazing camera, but Windows Phone seriously needs many more good official apps. Macro enthusiasts will be disappointed. It can't focus if you take camera too close to subject.

Where are the pics ??

Top Bottom