The Windows Mobile Thread

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Say Whaaat???

i meant to say that , they are not providing 3g for new customers(from april 2013 afaik) or for those old customers whose sims are not activated in 3g network(before april 2013 afaik). court has banned it as the have cheated.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

You are using the dedicated wall charger and not the connec-to-pc-to-charge method, right ?

I used a dedicated wall charger.
btw, nowadays its charging in 2 and a half hours. Maybe it was a new battery in the 1st week, that is why.

Also, I might have been expecting too good a battery life from the 2000 mah. With 3g on it lasts for like 15 hours max :(

[IMGG]*i.imgur.com/skSvIJ4.png[/IMGG]

I've heard that this is a Microsoft made app.. just like FB. is it true?
if it is so, then I'm going to hate it :|
I want 1st party apps

Flash

Lost in speed

I want 1st party apps

No. It's going to be the Instagram's own app.
Instagram to arrive on Windows Phone soon Apps | Applications | ThinkDigit News

Rejoice, Instagrammers/ :mrgreen:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

I used a dedicated wall charger.
btw, nowadays its charging in 2 and a half hours. Maybe it was a new battery in the 1st week, that is why.

Also, I might have been expecting too good a battery life from the 2000 mah. With 3g on it lasts for like 15 hours max :(

I want 1st party apps

Wait, it was a new phone ?
Then not surprising. I have seen things like this with mine in the first month. Then it settles to a nice and easy one day full life cycle. Nothing to be worried right now :)

WTH? Just because MS made it you hate it ? That doesnt make any sense. Remember the Youtube app? That one was far superior to google own. I'll never understand this obsession with first party. If thats a concern - there are few real first party apps, a lot of them are outsourced. Just my two cents.

Al I care is for is a working app that doesnt irk the service provider and therefore susceptible to breaks.

noob

Cyborg Agent

WTH? Just because MS made it you hate it ? That doesnt make any sense. Remember the Youtube app? That one was far superior to google own. I'll never understand this obsession with first party. If thats a concern - there are few real first party apps, a lot of them are outsourced. Just my two cents.

Al I care is for is a working app that doesnt irk the service provider and therefore susceptible to breaks.

Even i hate it when MS makes 3rd party apps. Its not job of MS to make it. It sets a bad precedent and sends out a wrong message. If it becomes a trend, no one would bother to make apps on this platform.

MS developed YouTube because users were desparate and that is one of the selling point for any mobile device today.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Even i hate it when MS makes 3rd party apps. Its not job of MS to make it. It sets a bad precedent and sends out a wrong message. If it becomes a trend, no one would bother to make apps on this platform.

MS developed YouTube because users were desparate and that is one of the selling point for any mobile device today.

I have to disagree with that opinion. MS is being cheeky here. They know what they are lacking is in the app department. SO now they develop these key apps to invite more users into the ecosystem, and when the marketshare hits the tipping point of something like 20% then the devs HAVE to come on their own - its a bad business choice if they dont. Only google will likely not get aboard.

The situation is not ideal, but this is indeed the best MS can do. Look at the alternative - no apps at all - who wants that? and how does it help anyone ?

Its a question of how soon you want to reach the tipping point, if ever. The exact same thing happened on the desktop metro. Doesnt windows 8.1 remove auto-cync of FB and flickr, a feature that was present in windows 8 ? See the cheekiness there ?

Flash

Lost in speed

Huawei Ascend W2 is out, and it sucks..

Huawei Ascend W2 vs. Nokia Lumia 520 - GSMArena.com

.:-x.

[h=1]Report: Windows Phone is the world’s fastest growing smartphone operating system[/h]

Krow

Crowman

Has GDR 3 fixed other storage woes? Microsoft claims so, just wanted to check if it works.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

Has GDR 3 fixed other storage woes? Microsoft claims so, just wanted to check if it works.
Didn't GDR2 fix it?

I have to disagree with that opinion. MS is being cheeky here. They know what they are lacking is in the app department. SO now they develop these key apps to invite more users into the ecosystem, and when the marketshare hits the tipping point of something like 20% then the devs HAVE to come on their own - its a bad business choice if they dont. Only google will likely not get aboard.

The situation is not ideal, but this is indeed the best MS can do. Look at the alternative - no apps at all - who wants that? and how does it help anyone ?

Its a question of how soon you want to reach the tipping point, if ever. The exact same thing happened on the desktop metro. Doesnt windows 8.1 remove auto-cync of FB and flickr, a feature that was present in windows 8 ? See the cheekiness there ?

Yeah, MS app is better than no app. But the whole hoopla over instragam coming to WP makes you believe that instagram is making it. :|

The problem is that 1st party apps get feature A in November. MS app gets it after 6 months in april or maybe later. Just look at the FB app.

Btw, now that Windows RT has the FB app, I just hope wp get's it soon, because TBH, in the current state...

FB mobile site > MS FB app :|

Huawei Ascend W2 is out, and it sucks..

Huawei Ascend W2 vs. Nokia Lumia 520 - GSMArena.com

.:-x.

[h=1]Report: Windows Phone is the world’s fastest growing smartphone operating system[/h]

Why does the w2suck? could you elaborate?
I see better specs than the 520

__________________________________________________________________________________________

BTW, how many of you'll use windows phone app for desktop or windows phone app for windows 8 to sync stuff?

which one do you prefer, desktop or the modern ui one? and why?

Flash

Lost in speed

Why does the w2suck? could you elaborate?
I see better specs than the 520
W2 got no scratch-resistant glass, no memory card slot, Bluetooth v3.0, no FM radio (maybe a minor concern).
That means, the user has to live with the 6.1GB of inbuilt storage forever, along with the Other storage problem. Maybe, W2 is not for app junkies.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

W2 got no scratch-resistant glass, no memory card slot, Bluetooth v3.0, no FM radio (maybe a minor concern).
That means, the user has to live with the 6.1GB of inbuilt storage forever, along with the Other storage problem. Maybe, W2 is not for app junkies.

7.3-1.9=5.4gb
5.4-2=3.4GB :-(

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

A new all-format video player:

MoliPlayer Pro, all-format local media player debuts on Windows Phone Store - Windows Phone Central Forums

It's paid but does have a trial version.

Top Bottom