The Windows Mobile Thread

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

[h=1]41MP Lumia? :shock:[/h]

Nope, most probably the Catwalk. Considering that the 928 is ready for launch at a rumored 130g, my bet is on this device being the catwalk.

But its indeed suspicious given Nokia has gone to the extent of holding a separate event..

ujjwal007

Lost in games

Are you guys having problem with songs those were downloaded from Nokia music store?
I mean, I can not change volume level during the playback.

However, it seems not to be an issue if I use Nokia Music to play those files.

yes having some sort of issue with music store it wont download songs sometimes it says connection lost -try again but i m connected already..sometimes it says purchase unsuccessful...they are trying to fix it i guess! got the music store update twice in a week...hopefully it will solve soon...

Amithansda

Journeyman

How do i back up the apps that I bought???
I bought asphalt 7 and cut the rope, so if I have to format my phone in any case. How do I get my license information back? if I just download the games again from store, will it be licensed by itself?

noob

Cyborg Agent

I bought asphalt 7 and cut the rope, so if I have to format my phone in any case. How do I get my license information back? if I just download the games again from store, will it be licensed by itself?

Yes.That is right.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Remember the Microsoft account you used to buy those Apps and Games? All the details about your Apps Purchase and Downloads are stored in MS servers. So that after formatting your phone or buying a new phone, when you login using the same id, you don't have to purchase those Apps again. You can just download it.

Amithansda

Journeyman

BDW, I am loving Asphalt 7 and was also cheap. Better than PSP games. Perhaps, its time to sell/donate my psp.

Did anyone try Dark Knight Rising and Modern Combat 4?
Screenshots looks awesome, thinking of buying it when the price goes down.

Nokia Lumia 520, 620 and 720 Owners Get 3 Months Free BigFlix Subscription in India - Softpedia

Itna discrimination kyun? Why Lumia 820 and 920 owners got left out? :-x

hars1988

Broken In

hi:-D

is there any download manager for windows phone (for downloading files from filesharing sites like mediafire and from sites like filehippo and for mp3 download)?

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

some of you guys had asked about why Nokia is not pushing L520,L720...Well nokia has gone into hyper drive now... Bombarding us with L520 ads during IPL and full page ads on TOI for L520/620/720...sry for going off topic.. :D

Flash

Lost in speed

For all the WP migrators..
Windows 8 Update: transition from Android to Windows Phone made easier - Network World

Ravimama

Right off the assembly line

I am planning to buy either of the 2 mobiles listed below. Will it work in India?
Amazon.com: Samsung Ativ S GT-I8750 Grey 16GB: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: HTC 8x c620E 16GB Unlocked GSM Smartphone - No Warranty - Black - GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; HSPA/WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz: Cell Phones & Accessories

Both say unlocked. Htc 8x does not have a warranty. Samsung Ativ is still not available in India. Kindly guide me on this.

kaudey

Journeyman

I am seeing the following problems on my L520:
- Random and frequent IE crash when browsing ragecollection.com (did not try any other website) on wifi
- Phone switching off abruptly when on low battery. I had installed battery discharger for battery status live tile. I got a warning of battery critically low at 10% and when the battery was showing 4%, it switched off abruptly without any further warning

Is anybody else facing this?
Another thing I hate about the L520 is the non-backlit buttons. It is really difficult to find the touch enabled back button in the dark.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Try some other site as well buddy. I have never had any issues so far with IE (L920)
Yes, the phone switches off at 4% or so. But it does give a warning with plenty of time to spare. Didnt find this to be an issue myself.

I find the backlighting on mine a bit too harsh, but still is it that much of an issue about not having a backlight? I mean I can find my way around easily, so much that I have to care only about not accidentally pressing one of those buttons :>

I am planning to buy either of the 2 mobiles listed below. Will it work in India?
Amazon.com: Samsung Ativ S GT-I8750 Grey 16GB: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: HTC 8x c620E 16GB Unlocked GSM Smartphone - No Warranty - Black - GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; HSPA/WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz: Cell Phones & Accessories

Both say unlocked. Htc 8x does not have a warranty. Samsung Ativ is still not available in India. Kindly guide me on this.

Good choices if you dont care about warranty. Also keep in mind that you'll be losing out a bunch of nice apps from Nokia and also the fix for the "others" bug.

AFAIK they should work, but confirm with someone else, I am not sure.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

guys so could someone help me out setting up L920..i will be using it for another week...any good apps you guys recommend??

noob

Cyborg Agent

Don't you guys think that we need a Lumia 750 (same as L720) with 1GB RAm and 720p display ?

Top Bottom