The Windows Mobile Thread

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

^ That's gr8 news, however is there anyway that I can play mkv files in them? If possible can u guys say what are the supported video formats.

Cause I have a PSP and converting the video files to the supported format is a nightmare.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

^ That's gr8 news, however is there anyway that I can play mkv files in them? If possible can u guys say what are the supported video formats.

Cause I have a PSP and converting the video files to the supported format is a nightmare.

AFAIK, VLC is porting its video player to WP8. So, you don't need to worry about it, at least now. But, the launch date of the app is yet unannounced.

Sudh4r

Fire Lord

^ Yes I read that news - KICKSTARTER project - not sure when it will be released. But as of now there is no apps rite ?

Shah

Cyborg Agent

^ Yes I read that news - KICKSTARTER project - not sure when it will be released. But as of now there is no apps rite ?

Sorry, dude. I don't know about the availability of Apps in Windows Store. Check with WP8 owners. They can help you.

Krow

Crowman

Some friends say WhatsApp is not that good in WP.

Lumia 520 launched at 10.5k. Fantastic value for money.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Some friends say WhatsApp is not that good in WP.

Lumia 520 launched at 10.5k. Fantastic value for money.

Yes, whatsapp is buggy as I see it. Missing notifications if you havent opened the app after a phone restart, lightly laggy UI.
Personally, never liked whatsapp or any other IM clients, simply because I hate being always answerable. Uninstalled it after checking it out.
Apparently the new skype is pretty good.

ironfreak

Journeyman

Hello friends,

I got Lumia 620 a few days back. Fantastic phone. I am loving it. We all know the initial impression. I'll post my opinion after around 2 weeks of use.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Hello friends,

I got Lumia 620 a few days back. Fantastic phone. I am loving it. We all know the initial impression. I'll post my opinion after around 2 weeks of use.

Congrats, dude.:doublethumb: Post some pics too. BTW, What color have you bought??

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Well, even I was looking for Lumia 620. But today I came upon Lumia 520.

And did a compare on flipkart and here's what I got => Nokia Lumia 520 vs Nokia Lumia 620: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

Well, I can't understand, 520 is 5k less than 620 but has bigger screen, better battery, specs are same as 620. Am I missing anything else?

Sudh4r

Fire Lord

^ 520 don't have a LED FLASH and no front camera. Everything else under the hood is same.

Sudh4r

Fire Lord

L520 is generations ahead than L620 in terms of design. But, It's my personal opinion.

Hey I was pointing the diff b/w 520 and 620 to krishnandu.sarkar. The FK link says that the 520 has a FLASH, obviously an err.

P.S I too like 520's design over 620.

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Yeah. Thanks. I found out that while googling it out.

Well, 520 Looks much better than 620. Also I don't need Front Camera and I never capture pics using phone camera generally. So LED Flash doesn't matters much for me.

But in general, I guess 520 is much more VFM.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Yeah. Thanks. I found out that while googling it out.

Well, 520 Looks much better than 620. Also I don't need Front Camera and I never capture pics using phone camera generally. So LED Flash doesn't matters much for me.

But in general, I guess 520 is much more VFM.

If the front cam and LED are not deal-breakers, you should go ahead with L520. But, beware that some apps and features won't work on 512MB RAM.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

^^ Like what? Can you please explain? In that case those things should not also run on 620 too I guess.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

^^ Like what? Can you please explain? In that case those things should not also run on 620 too I guess.

I too don't know what exactly won't work. But games like Asphalt 7 require minimum 1GB of RAM. A 512MB version of Asphalt is already in works. Regarding the features, Microsoft has not mentioned anything, anywhere. But, It seems like Multitasking is the most affected feature because of the less RAM.

Remember, All the devices having less 1GB of RAM have this inability. That includes HTC WP 8S, Nokia L520, L620 and L720.

Amithansda

Journeyman

Reporting a serious issue on my newly bought Lumia 820.
I had my phone sync with my FB,GMail and Hotmail account. Messenger and People Hub were working perfectly.

From yesterday I am unable to chat. In 'Messenger' hub it is not showing my online friends, also can not send a Facebook message since then.

But, my online feeds and notification is showing in People hub. So network is not an issue.

Googled it, seems like many people is facing this issue, but none got a solution. Seems like only solution is to use some other app for online chat.
But that is a drag for me, as I would like to see my text and FB ims in same thread. That was whole point of 'Messaging' hub

Since then I have tried,

1.Restaring the Phone
2.Switching Data connection off and on
3.Turning Flight mode off an on,
4.Resyncing my Online accounts.

None of those work.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Reporting a serious issue on my newly bought Lumia 820.
I had my phone sync with my FB,GMail and Hotmail account. Messenger and People Hub were working perfectly.

From yesterday I am unable to chat. In 'Messenger' hub it is not showing my online friends, also can not send a Facebook message since then.

But, my online feeds and notification is showing in People hub. So network is not an issue.

Googled it, seems like many people is facing this issue, but none got a solution. Seems like only solution is to use some other app for online chat.
But that is a drag for me, as I would like to see my text and FB ims in same thread. That was whole point of 'Messaging' hub

Since then I have tried,

1.Restaring the Phone
2.Switching Data connection off and on
3.Turning Flight mode off an on,
4.Resyncing my Online accounts.

None of those work.

Is this a problem with Lumia 820 or is it because of the OS?

Amithansda

Journeyman

@^ No , seems like an OS problem..Happening Lumia 900,800 and 600series too.

See this link, many people are having same issue. Now, I am starting to get disappointed.

WP8 - can't connect to see who's online - Microsoft Community

Last edited:
Top Bottom