The Windows Mobile Thread

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

^I too wish the same. Otherwise, I have to postpone my purchase.

BTW, It would be nice if L720 has a smaller screen with higher RAM.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

after getting tired of waiting for the update notification ,i gave up and used the disconnect trick. Now my omnia w is on WP 7.8. the whole update process took more than 2 hours- disconnecting and connecting the internet! it was frustrating. But now my phone feels refreshingly new and I like the update. Only after using 7.8 do you realise that how well the screen space is now utilized. Now you can have so much more on the start screen and not have huge tiles just to enable or disable Wifi.

Wow. 2 hours? Thanks max I tried was for 10 minutes and gave up. I won't update till I see one and anyways, am not using that phone now. This is seriously pathetic. Almost a month has passed since the update was announced and yet, no update.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

Since you don't use it you can wait. I seriously want to see how long does Samsung take to give you the notification. I was being stubborn about the update notification but I gave up. You don't.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Yep. Thats what I expect too. And at that price point, its got a great chance to succeed.There is nearly nothing else I can think of as a whole package at that price point unless some of those sony models come down in price.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!

When i saw windows devices from nokia..first thing came to my mind is L520,L620 are mid-range handsets so they are accordingly priced at 10-15k,
But When i saw specs of L720, i was puzzled,it was priced at 20k and ram was same as mid-range products 512mb......which you can definitely feel when apps take long time to load....I mean what was Nokia thinking when developing L720?
Are they gonna release a new version with 1gb or all-together new product "L730" or something...!

tkin

Back to school!!

When i saw windows devices from nokia..first thing came to my mind is L520,L620 are mid-range handsets so they are accordingly priced at 10-15k,
But When i saw specs of L720, i was puzzled,it was priced at 20k and ram was same as mid-range products 512mb......which you can definitely feel when apps take long time to load....I mean what was Nokia thinking when developing L720?
Are they gonna release a new version with 1gb or all-together new product "L730" or something...!
Win OS is a lot more optimized than Android, but 768MB would have been better, and Nokia lost the game a long time back, as long as MS haven't fixed the others storage bug, any Win phone with less than 16GB memory is not a good choice.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!

^^I think 768mb ram to L720 would have been justifiable....to the device itself and its price tag tooo....
Who would buy a device priced 20k with just 512mb ram.....!
I mean if comparing just the hardware itself to droids within that price range.....it would look a bit off.
If win 8 is optimized then no problem..but a buyer would always be a little skeptical about the performance.

hari1

In the zone

Other storage bug fix is coming. Cheer up guys. :)
Windows Phone: fixes are coming for "other" storage issue - Neowin

reniarahim1

Youngling

I really wish there was a lumia device between 820 and 920 with 720p screeen, Gorilla screen protection and a beefier battery with the other specs of L820..

ankit360

Journeyman

this is nonsense . if i pay 35k for 920 or 32k for s3 @ there lunch date and phone had problem with (WP other storage problem. S3 emmc problem ) it better to buy phone 6-8 month after launch so u save some money and lot's of bug get fix .

it doesn't make any sense to buy phone @ high price during launch .

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Its a personal opinion. Anyways by waiting 8 months you are already staring at the next major phone release and better not buy the currently available models because they are going to get kicked off from the pedestal and also get a health price cut in the immediate future. Then even those new ones will have bugs at launch, so wait again for some 8 months and the cycle repeats. I agree its unfortunate, but thats how it is. You got to make your calls at some point of time and for someone else it may be the worst time possible in their opinion.

ironfreak

Journeyman

Friends,

As we cannot install apps on SD card, I want to know, in phones having 8GB of internal storage, how much space is left to install apps? Are the photos stored internal memory can be moved to SD card? Where are the files transferred from bluetooth are stored?

Shah

Cyborg Agent

I have a query. When I was surfing Windows Phone 8 homepage, I read that 512MB RAM is the minimum requirement and Some features won't work on phones with less than 1GB RAM. But, no where it is mentioned what features won't work. Can anyone one, tell me what will not work?

First, the "Other" storage bug(Finally, MS promised an update for it:mrgreen:). Now, the "less than 1GB RAM" thing. What's going on with WP8?

If some major features of WP8 are not going to work, I won't be buying L720 or L820. I know L820 has 1GB RAM. But, I like the 720 more than the 820.

For all those who said L720 should have 768MB of RAM, It should actually have 1GB of RAM. Even 768MB is not enough for WP8. WP8 is too resource hungry, yet it doesn't lag...

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Though I couldnt find specifics, it seems multitasking is the most affected feature.

Possibly doesnt support realtime GPS tracking in the background/under the lockscreen. Another area could be the simultaneous apps that could be open. I am just guessing here, I have no concrete data. I'll wait for someone more knowledgeable to comment.

Top Bottom