The Windows Mobile Thread

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

we are waiting for your reviews...

I don't know what is there in WP8 which makes us crazy to buy and suggest WP8 devices to others too. May be, the "lag-free" UI and live tiles have attracted us, so much.

we are waiting for your reviews...

I don't know what is there in WP8 which makes us crazy to buy and suggest WP8 devices to others too. May be, the "lag-free" UI and live tiles have attracted us, so much.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

^
Its a fresh, refreshing take on the concept of a mobile OS, not to forget the current WP8 flagships are also arguably the most beautiful phones on the market ATM and also the most lag-free. They "hide" the little lag seen here and there through the use of cute-yet-understated animations unlike android where all you see (usually) is a circular loading icon, so reminiscent of the days when windows would stop responding. If you ask me, its about time the consumers felt "joy" while using a phone that they have shelled out their hard earned money on. And the other end of the spectrum we have the IOS which is too expensive/restricted in many ways. WP8 is far from being perfect but attempts to strike a balance between the two extremes and seems to have succeeded in pulling it off. Just my two cents.
My Lumia should also be arriving tomorrow :D

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

Wow! Battery discharger app is showing battery percentage as tile and in lock-screen too! ENJOY!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_1225.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_1227.jpg

I'm slowly getting used to L920,Nokia music download is pretty useful for listening music!

eMail app is good,push for Microsoft Hotmail,google mail but only Pull for yahoo and other mails?!

I'll add my views slowly....!

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Got my Lumia too. Will review once I can use this handset properly :D

First thoughts: Good looking handset (matte black), slightly on the heavier side, feels "solid" as a result. Beautiful screen, very legible in bright light (will check sunlight legibility and report later). Dont like the new windows logo at the centre, the one on the Lumia 800 is cooler. Also the new logo lights up a tiny bit too bright for my liking (No-one else had any such opinion though). Yeah I am nit-picking. Lovely packing, even prettier 3-pin charger thats shaped like a half inch slice taken out from a 1.5 inch diameter white cylinder. That extra "wasted" space at the bottom is surprisingly useful.

No $ sign as default, its the rupee sign, can be changed of course. Maps for Karnataka and Kerala together take up only about 150MB. Total usable space is about 26G, which makes the 8X seem even more cramped. Good speakers at first sight , decent bass reproduction for a phone. It might be because my friend has setup her beats wrong or something (if thats possible, IDK) but I prefer the sound output from the 920 over my basic earphones.

More coming up later today :)

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Got my Lumia too. Will review once I can use this handset properly :D

First thoughts: Good looking handset (matte black), slightly on the heavier side, feels "solid" as a result. Beautiful screen, very legible in bright light (will check sunlight legibility and report later). Dont like the new windows logo at the centre, the one on the Lumia 800 is cooler. Also the new logo lights up a tiny bit too bright for my liking (No-one else had any such opinion though). Yeah I am nit-picking. Lovely packing, even prettier 3-pin charger thats shaped like a half inch slice taken out from a 1.5 inch diameter white cylinder. That extra "wasted" space at the bottom is surprisingly useful.

No $ sign as default, its the rupee sign, can be changed of course. Maps for Karnataka and Kerala together take up only about 150MB. Total usable space is about 26G, which makes the 8X seem even more cramped. Good speakers at first sight , decent bass reproduction for a phone. It might be because my friend has setup her beats wrong or something (if thats possible, IDK) but I prefer the sound output from the 920 over my basic earphones.

More coming up later today :)

Congrats on your new L920.

@For all WP8 device owners:

Could you all please throw some light on the Mysterious "Other" Storage Issue? Wanna know more about it before taking a decision on buying a WP8 device.

I laminated my Lumia 920 from a local shop who used local skin. Will it void the warranty or cause any scratch to the poly shell?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

I laminated my Lumia 920 from a local shop who used local skin. Will it void the warranty or cause any scratch to the poly shell?

Man, why use local plastic on such a beautiful phone? :(
No, it wont.

@Shah : Currently its 1.23G. Will keep an eye on it.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

I dont use IM on phone. But I can assure you that the wifi can be kept on even when the screen locks. Will check some download and update.

Empirial

Youngling

The latest WP8 update fixed that issue AFAIK.

Hi, you are using HTC 8X right? I read that any apps above 50mb can be downloaded only using WiFi. So, is it possible to download apps, games via 2G/3G data? And that data cut off when screen is locked happens with WiFi only or with 2G/3G too?

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Hi, you are using HTC 8X right? I read that any apps above 50mb can be downloaded only using WiFi. So, is it possible to download apps, games via 2G/3G data? And that data cut off when screen is locked happens with WiFi only or with 2G/3G too?

This has been fixed with the latest Porticco update. Now, you can download Apps above 50MB through 2G/3G data itself. No WiFi connection is needed.

Empirial

Youngling

This has been fixed with the latest Porticco update. Now, you can download Apps above 50MB through 2G/3G data itself. No WiFi connection is needed.

Oh Thanks! And what about IM alerts/notification?

Top Bottom