ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

You can search words on WP 7 using a hack. And its present in ie10 mobile

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In

Hey even the 820 isn't bad..kinda reminds me of my HTC HD7 i had before this crap called Android I have now..as opposed to the HTC 8S, do u guys think the 820 is a wiser choice?

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Hurray!!! Finally, Nokia has updated their Facebook Status to something like "Get ready to switch to the most innovative smartphone ever" confirming the launch in the first week of January. The wait is going to end soon.

Krow

Crowman

Facebook page? There's a teaser on TV, no one saw that? It says switch to Lumia 920, with wireless charging, coming soon.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Oops! missed the ad. Actually, I dont watch TV. I am quiet excited about the launch. I will be happy to see Nokia pricing L820 around 25k. Or else I should settle with HTC WP 8S. No WP8 device in that range.

I have read the latest rumors that the indian version will not have LTE because because of lack of support. Now my question is, will they remove that LTE chip to reduce the price or is it something totally software based and within an year or so when 4G LTE become common, they a firmware upgrade will have support for LTE?

Shah

Cyborg Agent

The reason given by Nokia for delaying the launch was that It was testing 4G on L920 from all carriers. So, I think they would have replaced the LTE module in the Indian Version.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

AFAIK LTE is data only.. when making a voice call the phone uses the 3G spectrum.

EDIT :

from wiki
The LTE standard only supports packet switching with its all-IP network. Voice calls in GSM, UMTS and CDMA2000 are circuit switched, so with the adoption of LTE, carriers will have to re-engineer their voice call network.[24] Three different approaches sprang up:

VoLTE (Voice Over LTE): This approach is based on the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) network, with specific profiles for control and media planes of voice service on LTE defined by GSMA in PRD IR.92. This approach results in the voice service (control and media planes) being delivered as data flows within the LTE data bearer. This means that there is no dependency on (or ultimately, requirement for) the legacy Circuit Switch voice network to be maintained.

CSFB (Circuit Switched Fallback): In this approach, LTE just provides data services, and when a voice call is to be initiated or received, it will fall back to the CS domain. When using this solution, operators just need to upgrade the MSC instead of deploying the IMS, and therefore, can provide services quickly. However, the disadvantage is longer call setup delay.

SVLTE (Simultaneous Voice and LTE): In this approach, the handset works simultaneously in the LTE and CS modes, with the LTE mode providing data services and the CS mode providing the voice service. This is a solution solely based on the handset, which does not have special requirements on the network and does not require the deployment of IMS either. The disadvantage of this solution is that the phone can become expensive with high power consumption.

from airtel website
Will I be able to make / receive voice calls or send / receive SMS on airtel 4G LTE?
a. Currently voice and SMS are not supported on 4G.

b. Currently voice and SMS are not supported on 4G. However, we are working to bring these services as part of our offering sometime soon.

Last edited:

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In

I have read the latest rumors that the indian version will not have LTE because because of lack of support. Now my question is, will they remove that LTE chip to reduce the price or is it something totally software based and within an year or so when 4G LTE become common, they a firmware upgrade will have support for LTE?

They can't just "remove that LTE chip". It is locked through software...when the NEXUS 4 launched, it launched without 4G. People went berserk... but hackers unlocked it in days. .. in short, it is very much present in the phone. The software just doesn't know about it.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

IMO, There is no need for LTE Module in mobiles. Most of the buyers won't be able to utilize 4G atleast for a year or more, until carriers change their mind to set-up and provide affordable 4G, all over India.

Empirial

Youngling

Guys, some file sharing websites make us wait for few secs before the downloading executes. So, is that countdown animation visible in IE? I'm asking this b'coz WP browser doesn't support flash.

I just got a call from Nokia dealer in Lajpath Nagar. He said that Lumia 920 will be available with them on 10th Jan and will cost between 38-40K. They are asking for 2K in advance for which they promise to provide surprise gifts for first 20 bookings. So should I pay 2K or will I get discounted price if I purchase during the time of launch?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Not unless you are getting a bill for that amount (obviously!)

If you are not in such a hurry, then I'd suggest you wait for atleast a mnth. Prices will come down.

Empirial

Youngling

@maverick786us Nokia L920 is a great device but 38-40k is way too much. The max I'd pay for L920 is 33k.

Let me see till 11th I will see if that priority dealer offers more price than others then I will burgain if they don't listen I will take my money back or expect some good gift item as they have promised me for first 20 customers. If I find better deals from other dealers I will take my money back

Last edited:

RBX

In the zone

How do you add wait and pause to phone no. ? My synced contacts have pauses as commas but I am unable to add them to new contacts, I have tried long pressing all keys. Using WP 7.5.

Last edited:

Does Nokia still provides 10-12% discount to HCL employees? Since HCL Infinite distrubute Nokia handsets all over the country

Top Bottom