The Whining/Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
I know there has been no impact, but frankly, i am in no position to comment on that as i am not capable of making any amends. Please be aware, that these issues irritate the MOD's as much (if not more, as we have to manage all spam) as they irritate the regular members.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mujhe lagta hai ki Vaibhavtek ki ek naye responsive Administrator ki demand ek dum sahi thi. :D :lol:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Kalpik, I don't know about Praka but permanent ban on Rohan was not justified.
Agreed, he was becoming too troublesome but u could've done done away with banning him permanently.
He was fighting for good reason. We all know that. May be he became hyper too soon but he got more than what he deserved.

He was a very active member of our community and contributed enough.
And, u don't have any business with what he does in his personal life (if he's doing doctorate or, law or anything else)

V

vr2

Oh, i think the permanent ban for rohan was THE most justified ban on think digit. He just tried to circumvent the ban. The new ID is banned too. He's a doctor ffs.. He should try and act like one!

I am VR.
After being banned, this is the only ID I have created.
Kalpik, please do not spread BS about any banned user account, unless you have solid proof.

Do you have any proof that the account that you banned was mine, or are those your fantasies/speculations? Why don't you post logs then?

How is it that the admins and mods do nothing(except "I am working on the issues") but still get to speak and do whatever they feel like.

You are just a mod, nothing above that. So please mind your "aukaat" instead of letting modship go to your head. You are not so great to tell others how they should behave. We all have seen how you all guys have behaved. So no point trying to be a "nice guy".

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Contribution? In his early days, sure.. But last i remember his contributions included threads like "Spamming is my birth right", "I'm Pregnant" :|

And you say a temp ban could have solved the issue? Look at what he did. He made a new ID, and started RIGHT where he left off..

1. Creating a new ID to circumvent ban is against the rules.
2. If he felt he was wrongly banned, he could have appealed with his new ID. He did not. Instead he started with the same behavior that got him banned in the first place.
3. No matter how much he contributed in the past, if he's going haywire, remember, no one on the forum is indispensable.
4. As far as the rules go, bans etc are not up for public discussion. If anyone wants to discuss about rohan's ban, please feel free to PM me.

This is the end of discussion about rohan's ban on this thread. Ill feel free to ignore any other posts about the same on this thread.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
I am VR.
After being banned, this is the only ID I have created.
Kalpik, please do not spread BS about any banned user account, unless you have solid proof.

Do you have any proof that the account that you banned was mine, or are those your fantasies/speculations? Why don't you post logs then?

How is it that the admins and mods do nothing(except "I am working on the issues") but still get to speak and do whatever they feel like.

You are just a mod, nothing above that. So please mind your "aukaat" instead of letting modship go to your head. You are not so great to tell others how they should behave. We all have seen how you all guys have behaved. So no point trying to be a "nice guy".

See.. This is what i was talking about.. Some people never learn.. Sheesh!

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
*i164.photobucket.com/albums/u3/mulletwsker/nomnomnom.gif

I will just eat and watch this thread :p

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Troll detected: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/image.php?u=20614&dateline=1239243393 :p

jxcess3891

Evil mind
My complaint is that nobody here seems to be paying attention to tech issues anymore. I posted a query regarding ms access a few days ago but no one responded but when I opened a thread like "how good you are english is" I got almost a 100 replies in 3 days.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
^Exactly. Forum members aren't like what they used to be (including myself). If I want any problem of mine solved, I'd be better off heading to some other forum like TE.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
My complaint is that nobody here seems to be paying attention to tech issues anymore. I posted a query regarding ms access a few days ago but no one responded but when I opened a thread like "how good you are english is" I got almost a 100 replies in 3 days.

Coz everyone knows that they will spend 5 minutes replying to your query and when they will press the 'Submit' button, the server will probably go down or produce some kind of error. :D

In case of stupid threads, there is no significant mental effort involved on part of the replying member and hence no big deal if the server f***s up! :p

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
^For that reason, I only reply to "infected with virus" types of threads as I have got a short answer for that.:D

BTW, yes the forum fcuked up in may cases when I was going to post a long answer and on irritation, I only posted short versions of it many times....... :|

One of the main bug is that, on logging in, it again asks to log in on replying to a thread. If you have not copied the text earlier before pressing Submit, it will be gone to dogs and you will retype it again after logging in again. Btw it only happens when we log in for a new session(i.e. Remember me is not ticked)....... :|

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
BTW, yes the forum fcuked up in may cases when I was going to post a long answer and on irritation, I only posted short versions of it many times....... :|
Believe none... what I do is, write and then copy it, click on the submit button, if it posts successfully, no issues else, again open the thread and paste it and submit again, 99% of the time it works.

One of the main bug is that, on logging in, it again asks to log in on replying to a thread. If you have not copied the text earlier before pressing Submit, it will be gone to dogs and you will retype it again after logging in again. Btw it only happens when we log in for a new session(i.e. Remember me is not ticked)....... :|
This is not a bug, this is called session management (u mentioned the word, I guess u know it). Ur log-in only stays active for a certain time (the time out the Admins have set for a log-in sessions).
Its for security purpose and memory management.
If u want to be online for a long time (like I do, stay online for 8-9 hrs daily), check the remember me button. It will save ur session info and won't be asked to log-in again.;-)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
One workaround is to use the reload every addon in firefox. Just open thinkdigit.com/forum in a new window and minimise it; if you use linux you can send it to a different desktop. Set reload every to refresh the page every five minutes. That will keep you logged in while you browse the forum in another window.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmmm there was a thread in the Chit Chat section started by some Shruti365 in which she was asking Maths questions, why has that been deleted? :confused:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Suspected troll. If this is not the case and they indeed return, the concerned party are set to PM a mod and the thread will be undeleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom