Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
mac vs vista ... it cant get bigger than this ... have a look:

*img238.imageshack.us/img238/7167/screenshot02je8.jpg
Shot at 2007-06-30

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Mac is gr8. :D I do know that you have installed NTFS 3G Driver but for reading Mac OS X uses the inbuilt NTFS read only driver. Wow, it won't even show the size of a network drive properly.

I just confirmed at a Mac forum, Mac OS X Finder cannot show Multisession DVDs at all.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Another flaw I found in Mac OS X. You cannot lock your Mac the way you can in Windows Vista.

In Vista, you lock your user or screen, you can simply click the lock button on the start menu. Your screen will be locked & if you have set a password then it will ask for a password to unlock it.

At this stage, another user can come & log in to his own account, & the previous users account will continue to run in virtual memory. The 2nd user can simply complete there work & log out while the first user will still continue to run.

In Mac, when you lock your screen, it runs a screensaver, now to unlock you move the mouse or press a keyboard. However, you cannot login to another user account while doing this. You can only login to the account of the user who locked the screen.

Windows way is much better cos you can continue to do your work like downloading etc, & lock your user while some other user can simply login & do whatever he wants.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
salesman: sir our products are meant for personal use please look at the design and UI it looks so cool

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Gr8, Mac OS X borked again, while trying to enable Quartz Extreme & Core Image.

I still have the old Image, but don't know how to paste it.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Edit: Mac OS X works again. Just pasted my backed up Extensions folder & gefroce.kext

Last edited:

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
@gx_saurav yaar why don't u do those R&D on vmware? if u get any success there rhan u can apply it on os x installation on ur pc too. It is less risky

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
It doesn't installs on VMware

VMWare emulates a graphics card so I cannot do R&D for Core Image & Quartz Extreme

I made that disk image using RsyncX, which does the job on incremented backups too. This is what i used today to revart to my old Extensions & GeForce.kext

Well, it corrupted.

What an OS, can't stand even a simple bit of tweaking. :mad:. Even Linux doesn't corrupts this quickly.

Well, The truth is out there for anyone to see, I really miss my TV (Windows XP + PCTV Center). I m reverting back to Windows XP on the 8 GB partition like before, still got the Acronis Disk Image intact. Will try Leopard when it comes, cos so far I have learned all that I wanted from Shake 4.1 & other than that, Mac OS X has no use.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
hmm...I wonder who I should laugh at. At Apple which supports Core Image & Quartz Extreme on GeForce FX 5200 but not on 5900XT (same geforce FX family). Or nVidia for not suing Apple, cos they modify drivers after auditing the nVidia drivers.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
gx_saurav said:
hmm...I wonder who I should laugh at. At Apple....Or nVidia....
neither! you should keep mum while everyone of us should laugh at you :D trying out something which is termed illegal and not supported by either of them on ur hardware... then asking on whom shud u laugh at coz it doesn't work for you! how stupid can you get, buddy!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, I do admit & will not blame Apple or nVidia that it doesn't work here on my Computer, neither I will blame them for slow performance.

I did forgot, Apple Mac is not a PC & will not work on PC hardware, oh my....from years I m so used to of running my computer my way. :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
This is funny....One thing PC users can do that Mac users can't

Statuary warning : The link is not suitable for Macboys & kids of age 18 :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
found these two things extremely humerous from the link posted by gx:

1)

*www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/eula.gif
From the actual iTunes End User License Agreement.

2)1,799,014 Mac fans switched back over to Windows, even though Windows is just as shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom