The Ultimate Debate, Discussion and Fight Thread For Offtopic Posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Now as per piracy
EA has overdone it? Why do they need to keep an always online DRM, At the end of the day I just feel EA will wind up very soon presently EA Is alive only because of BF & FIFA Series

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ I used to play BF3 MP while keeping Origin in offline mode.. I think only Sim City had that problem.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Elaborating on the per-hour usage concept -

The concept of paying for s/w usage on a per-hour basis could very well revitalize the anti-piracy movement.
You want to use Photoshop? Fine, sign-up, add funds to your account and get your hands dirty.
As soon as you run out of funds in your account, the service saves your work, emails it to you and asks whether you want to renew your access.
You could very well refuse to do so and take your business elsewhere; you still have the original files.
Now you're not only using legit s/w, you're also free from the humongous cost of licensing such s/w and you have no need to cross over to the dark side.

Of course, you could just switch to freeware/open-source but I reckon if given the opportunity to use commercial s/w that is polished and user-friendly, people would be willing to pay for as much as they use.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
autodesk and adobe software are for industrial applications, think there are much cheaper paid alternatives that perform all these operations for regular users
adobe is excessively featured, the pdfs allow video conferencing that's just overboard

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Elaborating on the per-hour usage concept -

The concept of paying for s/w usage on a per-hour basis could very well revitalize the anti-piracy movement.
You want to use Photoshop? Fine, sign-up, add funds to your account and get your hands dirty.
As soon as you run out of funds in your account, the service saves your work, emails it to you and asks whether you want to renew your access.
You could very well refuse to do so and take your business elsewhere; you still have the original files.
Now you're not only using legit s/w, you're also free from the humongous cost of licensing such s/w and you have no need to cross over to the dark side.

Of course, you could just switch to freeware/open-source but I reckon if given the opportunity to use commercial s/w that is polished and user-friendly, people would be willing to pay for as much as they use.

Completely Agree.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
autodesk and adobe software are for industrial applications, think there are much cheaper paid alternatives that perform all these operations for regular users
adobe is excessively featured, the pdfs allow video conferencing that's just overboard

Of course, but if I'm willing to spend and the aforementioned s/w (Photoshop in this case) is available for, say Rs.50/hour (for example), I have estimated that my work would be completed in about 20 hours using the traditional flow/workspace of Photoshop. That would cost me Rs.1000. And if the lesser-known piece of s/w is available for much less than a full-fledged Photoshop license, say Rs.2499, but would require me to re-learn the flow and would also increase completion time by about 25%, most people would prefer to use Photoshop and be done with it.

Buying the cheaper license could be beneficial in the long run but if you only use it occasionally , it still goes to waste.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Of course, but if I'm willing to spend and the aforementioned s/w (Photoshop in this case) is available for, say Rs.50/hour (for example), I have estimated that my work would be completed in about 20 hours using the traditional flow/workspace of Photoshop. That would cost me Rs.1000. And if the lesser-known piece of s/w is available for much less than a full-fledged Photoshop license, say Rs.2499, but would require me to re-learn the flow and would also increase completion time by about 25%, most people would prefer to use Photoshop and be done with it.

Buying the cheaper license could be beneficial in the long run but if you only use it occasionally , it still goes to waste.

Agreed. Most of the softwares i downloaded are sitting idle in HDD. I remove those s/w once in every 3 months. Reason my 1TB of space is still not filled up. But given an option like that for photoshop, i am gald to use that.

I bought some s/w from Ashampoo:)facepalm:) when there was an offer around 2008, and till today i have never used it more than 1 time.

This is how we fail. So Klaw's suggestion will change this.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
No one like Killing Piracy guy is here. Here we all agreeing with other person views.

If you want to fight,

thief******stealing****adobe*****millions*******buy. :D

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Do you guys think furious_gamer will ever be a gamer with a decent rig?? Or will he just troll us all with his expired rig and his upto date gaming knowledge??

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Fight Club = You have taken in literal way? :facepalm:

JK. :D
BTW Get married, then you will know how hard it is assemble a new rig.

amjath

Human Spambot
Are you married atleast once?? :p

I guess not, because you will start feeling the pain of the married ones only if you marry >= 1. LOL

:rofl: I'm not married yet, if that's so hard let me put those things later

Amen. BTW Do you play games at your home? Do you wife let you play?

u forgot that thread, he said yes over there

>>>> Ok here is a debate Microsoft said they outsold Apple and BB in 7 and 26 markets respectively!! What do u guys think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom