The Ubuntu community is insane(!dont flame me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
A new bug report is submitted titled The Ubuntu community is insane in launchpad.
*bugs.launchpad.net/@@/bug-undecided Bug #107648, first reported on 2007-04-19 by neato2001
The Ubuntu community is insane

Assigned To *bugs.launchpad.net/@@/treeCollapsed Ubuntu Needs Info Undecided — You are not the bug assignee nor the maintainer of Ubuntu, and therefore cannot edit this bug's status.
Affecting:
Ubuntu
Filed here by:
*bugs.launchpad.net/@@/person neato2001

Comment on most recent change Can anybody reproduce it?

Comment on this change (optional)
E-mail me about changes to this bug report
Bug description *bugs.launchpad.net/@@/edit

The bug title pretty much sums it up. We need medication and probably group counseling.
Remember, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery...
:eek:
source:
*bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/107648

amitava82

MMO Addict
It all started when a guy posted a thread in the forum named "2 hours to go" then everybody started to post their excitements, thoughts, anger, emotions and not to mention spams :grins: but we all did enjoy that post. I was there when the post count was running around ~200 at around 9AM. I was refreshing that post every minute for 3 hours. By d time ubuntu released (at 3PM or so) the post count crossed 3000 :shock: It was crazy. so some guy posted that insane bug during the anxious waiting time... it was fun :grin:

OP
freebird

freebird

Debian Rocks!
Yeah some immaturity there with ubuntu guys!.
But I am busy tinkering with my Feisty.:D
@amitava:do u know more about Upstart,replacing SysVinit in Feisty.I've got trouble in Ubuntu when i edit the boot menu gru kernel line end to have a "1" at the end for single user;it doesnt work simply boots to the gui thats why..

OP
freebird

freebird

Debian Rocks!
As u know that most Linux distros uses old UNIX System V(five) UNIX boot sequence (/sbin/init),In ubuntu and in Debian(as an option) they replaced this with upstart which fastens the boot time by initializing daemons starting parallely thus an event based daemon which in turn fastens the boot time taken.
*upstart.ubuntu.com/
Now most distros are changing from sysVinit to alternatives like runit,InitNG(pretty famous) and upstart.fedora is gonna replace to upstart from fc7,gentoo got option for initNG etc
as with my problem is when u boot the pc,u will get the boot menu screen right?u can edit the options by pressing "e" and can add a "1" for single user in the kernel line from the bootscreen itself thats what am trying to say is not getting the OS to runlevel 1;instead boots into gui runlevel 2.

If i put "single" in kernel line of ubuntu,it works and telinit into runlevel 1.Hope u knows:confused:

amitava82

MMO Addict
I just know that Ctrl+Alt+F1 to F7 is used to change run level.. dunno about all those technicals u mentioned.... newbie u know... :grin:

praka123

left this forum longback
amitava82 said:
I just know that Ctrl+Alt+F1 to F7 is used to change run level.. dunno about all those technicals u mentioned.... newbie u know... :grin:
Not to change runlevel it is u:eek: moving from virtual terminals controlled by (getty) 1 to 7(7th one is used by X normally),u can increase the number of virtual terminals by editing /etc/inittab.read wikipedia article for more infi:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_console

though ubuntu may not contain /etc/inittab,u can control the tty behaviour using that file.upstart stores conf files in /etc/event.d/
*feeds.goa-india.org/tag/ubuntu+upstart?media=rss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom