The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
Hello Friends, I gave my laptop for Mobo replacement the CC guys told it would take 7-10 days. Guys some members here and also in the Facebook page say the throttling issue was not solved even after Mobo replacement.
As newer i5 model does not show throttling much and there is no difference in HW replacement Mobo should be of the same which is in the newer models right..? then how come some guys resolved other didn't . I believe the guys who have solved throttling after Mobo replacement has the Mobo of these newer model and may be the others had been replaced with the s01 model only. is there anyway to check this...?

would anybody like to add something ...? i know its old thread but most of the s01 still will be in warranty

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
Hello friends,

After two weeks of waiting i got my laptop MB replaced and after playing AC4 with the same settings i m happy to say that the throttling issue has not occurred, also i had played for about 1 hr in power-saver mode but this was again the same setup i had the throttling issue as for now i won't be pushing it further to check in different settings due to time .

BTW after receiving the laptop i felt the sub woofer is not working as much as it used to be in the old MB so is there any way through which i could completely mute the front speakers and check only the sub....? physically there is a small vibe when playing music so i guess its working but with respect to my question is there any software setting for checking the same muting the front speakers completely

Also as per different sources ans Members from TE the stooping of throttling issue can be a temporary fix but i hope it remains that way for long time.

sujoyp

Grand Master
if throttelling is not there...then enjoy the laptop...why to find the perfect situation to regenerate the issue :D

techie.papu

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends.. just decided to buy a i7 gaming laptop around 60K. I have narrowed down my choices between ideapad Z510 (i7 edition) vs. samsung NP550P5C-S05IN.

Z510 (with hybrid drive & back lit keyboard) - Ideapad - Laptops | Lenovo India | The DO Store

NP550P5C-S05IN - TECH SPECS | SAMSUNG India

NP550P5C-S05IN has 300 nit 1600x900 display. (as in the features list).

It will be of great help if anyone experienced with this laptop (NP550P5C-S05IN) tell me how is the screen quality, as from various

searches and reviews I have found, I suspect its screen is having VERY POOR CONTRAST but a HIGH BRIGHTNESS. Reviews of LAPTOPS SIMILAR TO NP550P5C-S05IN -- (NOT exactly this laptop) says of :

contrast just (142:1) in 550P5C-S08DE. link- Review Update Samsung 550P5C-S08DE Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews
and (123:1) in 550P5C-T02. link- Review Samsung Series 5 550P5C-T02 Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews.

I am speacially concerned about the contrast and quality of the display of samsung NP550P5C-S05IN. (Other features of this laptop seems to be fairly attractive :) ). Any helpful sharing of experience with this laptop will be great usefull.. Thanks in advance.

indianemperor

Hi All,

I just purchased Samsung NP550P5C-S06IN laptop. when clicking on the software updater, i received couple of updates for bios and GPU. can i go ahead and install them. also please let me know if i need to update anything else and how do i perform recovery on this laptop.

indianemperor

Hi All,

I recently purchased Samsung NP550P5C-S06IN laptop. the samsung software updater on the laptop suggests to download and install bios and GPU updates. Can anyone please tell me if it is good to install these updates or skip them. Also please tell me how to get the recovery done for this laptop and other updates that I need to install. Thanks in advance.

indianemperor

@Bala, Thanks for the advice.

Can anybody please let me know if this is normal temp for this laptop or is it a bit high. Running only chrome (2tabs) and nothing else. I am also using Coolermaster Notepad L1 cooling pad.

*i58.tinypic.com/n3xmol.jpg

Hey all, ive got a problem on my S02-IN, the adapter tip connecting on the laptop becomes very hot. This happens especially when battery is charging. The adapter itself is not hot and the laptop internal temps/ volts are normal. Has anyone else got this problem ?

anaklusmos

Youngling
My 6 month old S06IN is throttling like hell. Cant even play a single Dota 2 match without getting fps drop every sec or so.
Idle CPU temps are 65-67 and GPU 55-60, while under load, CPU averages 90-94, GPU 88. Other than dust what can be the issue?
Would a mobo replacement help?
Also my PC seems to be extremely slow overall, and the HDD seems to be the bottleneck. On checking using the Resource Monitor, it seems to be using the pagefile quite alot(windows set total memory to 18.4 GB for some reason ), and it seems to be reading/writing to the pagefile without any apparent reason, even when there is over 2 GB RAM unused in the Task manager.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
My 6 month old S06IN is throttling like hell. Cant even play a single Dota 2 match without getting fps drop every sec or so.
Idle CPU temps are 65-67 and GPU 55-60, while under load, CPU averages 90-94, GPU 88. Other than dust what can be the issue?
Would a mobo replacement help?
Also my PC seems to be extremely slow overall, and the HDD seems to be the bottleneck. On checking using the Resource Monitor, it seems to be using the pagefile quite alot(windows set total memory to 18.4 GB for some reason ), and it seems to be reading/writing to the pagefile without any apparent reason, even when there is over 2 GB RAM unused in the Task manager.
Go to the 'do you own a desktop' topic and some intelligent members there might help you to put a Hexa / Octa core 32 nm Xeon in your laptop and you're good to go.
:lol:

Anyway, on a serious note, if you can just replace that bloody hard drive with an SSD it'll be great. The only worthy upgrade for a laptop is altering the standard hard disk with a solid drive.

Forget it.

Last edited:

anaklusmos

Youngling
Go to the 'do you own a desktop' topic and some intelligent members there might help you to put a Hexa / Octa core 32 nm Xeon in your laptop and you're good to go.
:lol:

Anyway, on a serious note, if you can just replace that bloody hard drive with an SSD it'll be great. The only worthy upgrade for a laptop is altering the standard hard disk with a solid drive.

This doesnt help me at all, as it doesn't answer any of my questions....... Everyone knows a SSD is many times better than a standard HDD, but my question is why is my lappy acting the way it is.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
This doesnt help me at all, as it doesn't answer any of my questions....... Everyone knows a SSD is many times better than a standard HDD, but my question is why is my lappy acting the way it is.
I don't know, laptop isn't my forte, nor do I care about them. You said you were having slowness, so thought about posting that. I doubt if any human being is actually there who can say why a laptop is acting slow, other than 'do a format' suggestion.

It seems you've figured out everything. Ignore my comment. Sorry for wasting your time.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
[MENTION=129460]anaklusmos[/MENTION]: post About your OS weird behaviour in OS section of forum, you may get some answer. Also post your whole problem they might be able to say is slow performance cause of temps or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Also PM pratyush or anytmtgdp member who have NP series for long time and have knowledge too. Basically pm people who you think can help you.
Sorry I don't know anything about the problem you have.
I have S01IN, now throttle like hell.

nissangtr786

Hello friends,

After two weeks of waiting i got my laptop MB replaced and after playing AC4 with the same settings i m happy to say that the throttling issue has not occurred, also i had played for about 1 hr in power-saver mode but this was again the same setup i had the throttling issue as for now i won't be pushing it further to check in different settings due to time .

BTW after receiving the laptop i felt the sub woofer is not working as much as it used to be in the old MB so is there any way through which i could completely mute the front speakers and check only the sub....? physically there is a small vibe when playing music so i guess its working but with respect to my question is there any software setting for checking the same muting the front speakers completely

Also as per different sources ans Members from TE the stooping of throttling issue can be a temporary fix but i hope it remains that way for long time.

Can you tell me your cpu and gpu temps when under high cpu and gpu intensive games? I was thinking of getting my laptop sent to a service center but don't know where to find the info for this. I tried everything from thermalpaste, cleaning of fans, bios update, putting igpu on battery life over performance, updating bios, buying notepal x1 and zm-nc3 cooler and I think my only way out is getting it fixed by samsung.

pratyush997

Inactive
OMFG.. This thread is still alive :D

Btw how much do the Service center cost for heatsink replacement? I'll provide aftermarket thermal paste btw

nissangtr786

I decided I am just going to get a coolermaster notepal u3 as someone with an np550p5c-s02IN noticed a drop of 20c on this review for the product:
*www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-notepal-u3/product-reviews/ITMD2MFWHHHSWFDZ

I like the fact it runs at high rpm and you can put the 3 fans everywhere. I originally looked at getting it but thought its to expensive but now I am thinking get rid of the 2 coolers I bougth and get my money back and get this u3 cooler and get ice cool temps. Ideally I love the sound of 20-30c temps being lower. Anyone have a u3 here?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I decided I am just going to get a coolermaster notepal u3 as someone with an np550p5c-s02IN noticed a drop of 20c on this review for the product:
*www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-notepal-u3/product-reviews/ITMD2MFWHHHSWFDZ

I like the fact it runs at high rpm and you can put the 3 fans everywhere. I originally looked at getting it but thought its to expensive but now I am thinking get rid of the 2 coolers I bougth and get my money back and get this u3 cooler and get ice cool temps. Ideally I love the sound of 20-30c temps being lower. Anyone have a u3 here?

Otherwise just repaste with Arctic Silver V or IC Diamond.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I wanted to do that but I have no idea how to open up a laptop. I saw a tutorial for a HP lap here in TDF. But 550p series have bit different design for keyboard part so I decided to not to take risk

Top Bottom