The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

chaitu2408

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

Welcome me into your club.
I bought Samsung Np550p5c-s05IN one with i7processor from flipkart .
Started of with FIFA13. My worry is laptop GPU temps are reaching 75-80c(recorded using msi afterburn) with in 20 mins but it stays there. Is this normal with samsung laptops, or is there any thing wrong with the product which i received. Because as flipkart offers 30 day replacement i will ask for replacement.

In normal conditions is it super cool and pretty fast.

Any suggestions friends...

Hi guys,

Started of with FIFA13. My worry is laptop GPU temps are reaching 75-80c(recorded using msi afterburn) with in 20 mins but it stays there. Is this normal with samsung laptops, or is there any thing wrong with the product which i received. Because as flipkart offers 30 day replacement i will ask for replacement.

That's ok......my Y500 also goes to that temp in normal conditions while gaming

Last edited:

nandu26

In the zone
Hi guys,

I think 05IN has older CPU - 3630. It's max tdp is 45W and so will generate heat naturally.

3632QM has 35W.

rouble

Journeyman
Guys Bought myself a Sammy NP300E5V-S02IN from Flipkart few days ago.
Overall I am very happy with the laptop.A truly VFM product :)
Just have one doubt about the serial number.The thing is I was registering the laptop on Samsung website and filling all the info and while filling it, it asked me to punch in the serial number and then I typed what is written on my laptop box and invoice but it gave me some error that the serial number has a problem so I checked beneath the laptop and to my surprise I found that there is an extra "P" at the end while the rest of the serial No. remains the same that is found on the box and invoice, So can anyone tell me or check for me, is it the same with your Samsung laptop too, please try to check both the box and laptop and see if they match.Thanks!!

bala_cpu

Broken In
guys , one quick question, im planning to purchase this 550 series lappy, since its the only one that has powerful gpu at a reasonable price. I really want to know if the multi touch gestures(windows 8) are supported by the trackpad that comes with the laptop. i saw some touch gestures based on track pad and its cool, better than a touch screen.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Guys help...I am soo stuck up
I used recovery system to recover my winodws 8 on S05 ...it installed properly but it made my 550GB C drive in to a 60GB C drive ...cause of recovery...

I thought may be recovering again may help...did that again but now I can not find my factory image..and no option in recovery..

my recovery partition is just fine...but what to do with that???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Issue resolved :) in boot menu it detected the factory image

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@rouble I wish I could help you but by box is at my hometown

@bala ...the gestures are good...but gesture with touchpad is not 100% accurate...it works 70% of time...I use them but its no fun

bala_cpu

Broken In
@rouble I wish I could help you but by box is at my hometown

@bala ...the gestures are good...but gesture with touchpad is not 100% accurate...it works 70% of time...I use them but its no fun

Thanks for the reply mate, does it uses synaptics drivers for touch pad? Is the accuracy issue there due to the hardware itself or jut due to drivers? I'm planning to buy sp550 - 06in, hopefully it comes with a fixed multi touch gestures

rouble

Journeyman
@sujoyp Thnx for replying..Do you have your invoice with you right now, you can confirm from that too
or if you can tell me what is your serial number on your laptop like?? I mean how many letters and with which letter/number it ends.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@bala yes its synaptics...and I think its hardware issue...actually not an issue but i feel touchpad is bit slow..soo gesture accuracy is less

@rouble ...bill is not with me...Sr no is 15 letter starting with JAL and ending with a P

bala_cpu

Broken In
@bala yes its synaptics...and I think its hardware issue...actually not an issue but i feel touchpad is bit slow..soo gesture accuracy is less

@rouble ...bill is not with me...Sr no is 15 letter starting with JAL and ending with a P

which 550p series laptop are you using? im planning to buy 05IN core i7 model this week

bala_cpu

Broken In
yup mine is also S05 model the i7+8gb ram model

does it have below par touch pad or what, it has all the gestures supported by win 8 right?, what version of win 8 does it has pre installed?, are we getting a product of of win8 or just a preinstalleed copy? and what about the screen brightness and viewing angles mate? any over heating issues? and what about the boot up time? sorry for throwing too much question at once lol

sujoyp

Grand Master
soo many questions :ashamed:

1. Yes the touchpad has all the gestures in windows 8
2. Its only written ' Windows 8 single language' ...I think its home edition
3. we get a backup partition of windows 8 . no disc ...its a factory image. easy to reinstall till u dont format the recovery partition.
4. screen brightness is good enough...its a matt screen soo wont reflect any sunlight....viewing angle is good ....a person siting at 60 degree right will only see poor and dim left but remaining screen will be perfectly visible
5. hmm boot up time is fast...but not very fast...i havent checked coz I keep my lappy on sleep...it wakes up in 2-3 secs :)

rouble

Journeyman

That's a great help..Thnx so much..
Can you also tell me what temps do you experience on your Samsung laptop during gaming and also when the laptop is idle..
I get above 90 when playing GTA IV..Very hot!!
I have bought a Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN a few weeks back..

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am not a regular gamer...I have reached a max of 87 when I played a strategy game for 4-5 hrs continously ....a 1 HR gaming go close to 70 ..

idling is around 40 ...soo its cool normally

rouble

Journeyman
I am not a regular gamer...I have reached a max of 87 when I played a strategy game for 4-5 hrs continously ....a 1 HR gaming go close to 70 ..

idling is around 40 ...soo its cool normally

Thats great then..During FIFA 12 my temps were around 70..So I think GTA is a damn heavy game..
mine idles around 50..
One thing more, are you using a cooling pad??
I may buy one or should I contact Samsung people and ask them to do something or do you think the temps are normal??

sujoyp

Grand Master
if u game a lot just get a cooling pad ...I got a cheap one free with laptop but not using it...temperatures are normal but may damage laptop in long run

Top Bottom