The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

Cyborgz

Broken In
Hi All,

Am using Series 5 s03in for almost 6 months. Its very great and Amazing! Working flawlessly. Would like to install ubuntu 12.10 side by side(along with windows 8). But worried, since the new boot image (UEFI) in windows 8 would brick laptop especially SAMSUNG Laptop.

Have any1 tried ubuntu 12.10 64 bit dual boot along with windows 8? Is it working fine? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
cyb0rgz

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I have installed Fedora but wifi was not working so never used fedora. Other than that there were no problems.

san6ind

Right off the assembly line
I own a Samsung S03IN Model purchased 6 months back and it works flawlessly except for the lame 5400 RPM HDD. I am planning to replace it with a SSD so would like to know if anybody has tried it either with 2 x 500 GB SSD or is it just possible to connect just one 500 GB SSD .

Can anybody help me out here & also let me know which SSD is best and the approx cost for the same.

deepakkrishnan

Broken In
Planing to purchase Samsung NP550P5C S04IN as Y500 is out of the budget. Any owners here want to share their experience .. Worried about heating issues as the place where i stay is prone to dust ..

Or is there any other option in this price range ( 50-55K )
I'll try to procure it locally else i'll go the flipkart way.

Harsh23

Broken In
I have a friend who wants to buy an s05 ... he is getting it at 63.5k at a local dealer he tried bargaining but the dealer won't budge...is this a good deal ... ... he cant wait for another week so flipkart is out of the picture...plz reply fast ///

vish1988

who cares...
Planning to buy Samsung NP370R5E-S05IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) from flipkart. Any user of this laptop?

Have you faced any overheating issues? How is the build quality?

rouble

Journeyman
Hey all,
Wanna know if these two laptops suffer from overheating problems?? Might buy one of them..
And overall which one will be a better bet..

1. Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

2. Samsung NP350E5C-S01IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Hey all,
Wanna know if these two laptops suffer from overheating problems?? Might buy one of them..
And overall which one will be a better bet..

1. Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

2. Samsung NP350E5C-S01IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

i would say stay away from samsung, better tell us your budget and you primary purpose, we will suggest you best laptop within our budget.

Top Bottom