The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

RON28

Cyborg Agent

Tight budget? what? The difference is only 5k dude. I don't think anyone who can spend 50k+ would bother spending an extra 10 or even 20k if the other product seems better

i disagree with you, a consumer can't increase his budget by 10-20k for his 50K limited budget, if that was the case, every one of us would have Asus G series gaming laptop.

TweaknFreak

Right off the assembly line
Recently I bought NP550P5C-S04IN for 53k. While gaming (Farcry 3) at low to medium settings, MSAA off after 0.5-1 hrs GPU-Z records a constant temperature of 90 deg. Celcius. So I'm thinking on buying a lapdesk for good. But after going through market, I see that I could buy a 2-3 fan local branded cooler than a Cooler Master single fan cooler at approximately at the same price.

What do ya guyz think? will the local 3 fan one be better than single fan CM one?

pankajsingh5k

Hi Guys,

I have been following this thread for quite a while and was earlier considering a Inspiron 15r Turbo but the graphics card of the best model was grossly under powered to my liking and that's why i am planning to buy the NP550P5C-S05IN model.

I saw this model in Jumbo electronics and they are offering it for 60,490 along with 11 accessory kit and bag while it is priced at 64k something on samsung estore.

So i just wanted to ask has anyone bought it from Jumbo? Also when buying from a samsung store can you ask for extended warranty or can it be extended later on also? Since i am considering to get extended warranty also. Extended warranty at jumbo is not an option. How much does the extra warranty cost?

Gam3boy

Broken In
Recently I bought NP550P5C-S04IN for 53k. While gaming (Farcry 3) at low to medium settings, MSAA off after 0.5-1 hrs GPU-Z records a constant temperature of 90 deg. Celcius. So I'm thinking on buying a lapdesk for good. But after going through market, I see that I could buy a 2-3 fan local branded cooler than a Cooler Master single fan cooler at approximately at the same price.

What do ya guyz think? will the local 3 fan one be better than single fan CM one?

You should go for CM its better & reliable
Did you encountered any throttling issue while playing games & how many hr can i play continuously in this laptop

Budheadz

I have the s03, and bf3 takes my 650m to 90/91 degrees after awhile of playing, and it seems to stay around that temp for as long as iv played bf3 in one sitting, maybe 2 to 3 hours. most games take the temp to around low to mid 80's. no throttling what so ever with the lappy.

Gam3boy

Broken In
I have the s03, and bf3 takes my 650m to 90/91 degrees after awhile of playing, and it seems to stay around that temp for as long as iv played bf3 in one sitting, maybe 2 to 3 hours. most games take the temp to around low to mid 80's. no throttling what so ever with the lappy.

I guess gameplay & the temperature will be almost same in s04

pankajsingh5k

Further to my previous post i went to Jumbo for buying but i noticed they were selling the S03IN model with core i7 . its exactly the same as the SO5IN model except that the SO5IN model has blue ray drive and is a little bit lighter.

I put off the decision to buy the model because i wanted to confirm that there are not any major difference.

My question is a blue ray drive worth buying ( 4k extra for the S05IN on Samsung estore )?

What benefits would i be getting since blue ray has not yet gone main stream.

Also, one thing i wanted to ask is that does anyone know if the S05IN is better than the So3IN in any other criteria except the blueray and weight? Because my preference is the So3 because its 5k cheaper overall. i just want to confirm that the so3 doesnt have any inherent problems that were fixed in So5.

Please guys i would request you to reply fast since i plan to buy the laptop in this coming weekend. (23-24 March)

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Further to my previous post i went to Jumbo for buying but i noticed they were selling the S03IN model with core i7 . its exactly the same as the SO5IN model except that the SO5IN model has blue ray drive and is a little bit lighter.

I put off the decision to buy the model because i wanted to confirm that there are not any major difference.

My question is a blue ray drive worth buying ( 4k extra for the S05IN on Samsung estore )?

What benefits would i be getting since blue ray has not yet gone main stream.

Also, one thing i wanted to ask is that does anyone know if the S05IN is better than the So3IN in any other criteria except the blueray and weight? Because my preference is the So3 because its 5k cheaper overall. i just want to confirm that the so3 doesnt have any inherent problems that were fixed in So5.

Please guys i would request you to reply fast since i plan to buy the laptop in this coming weekend. (23-24 March)
you basically answered your own question, the only difference is, one has blu-ray and the other doesn't. if you want blu-ray get s05 else s03....simple :)

chickoo

does any of these samsung laptops run crysis 3 smoothly atleast in medium settings ?? can anyone post some screenshots..

pankajsingh5k

Hi everyone, just wanted to share that I have just got my S05IN Sammy today and I am loving it. :-D . Bought it for 61k from uttam nagar delhi. Now I am just waiting to go home this holi and get loads of games and take this warhorse for a ride :-D.

sameersehgal.90

hi guys,
i got my S02 version and i am here to say that after playing 1hour 40min crysis warhead at 900p enthu settings without motion blur (yeah it can run crysis warhead at max settings without motion blur and AA :) ), i noticed nothing like throttling instead i observed in gpu z that after some 20 mins that gpu automatically increased its core clock to 920 mhz constant frequency which some time gone to 950 i dont know why because its rated clock speed is 835 mhz. memory clock remained same.
gpu temp was hovering around 91 degrees. with 99% load
gpu was at constant 840 mhz while playing nfs hot pursuit.

i will try some other games and will post my results here.

update- i updated my BIOS to A06 version before all these tests.

Does your S02 show heating/Throttling otherwise in other games ? In idle mode ? Are the Temps. u posted above normal ? `coz I too have an S02 :D

Top Bottom