The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

krish_techie

Broken In
hi guys i have been seein so many people posting issues with drivers and stuff after installing win8...can some one who installed summarise the issues and fixes (and the things to be done) after installing win8 ...i just purchased my copy so your tips will be very useful for me..:-o

alpha34

Broken In
after installing u need to update samsung easy driver manager to software update (its renamed as this now)
After that update Tracker pad,Sound drivers,Intellicache, WIFI and Bluetooth softwares.....
You can also get start menu by installing quick starter in software update only....
Only issue is u can't know caps lock and num lock on/off notification...
One more thing Join FB's page you can find in pratyush signature there he posted windows media center registration page you can WMC for free...hope this should help you...

musadhiq

Broken In
after installing u need to update samsung easy driver manager to software update (its renamed as this now)
After that update Tracker pad,Sound drivers,Intellicache, WIFI and Bluetooth softwares.....
You can also get start menu by installing quick starter in software update only....
Only issue is u can't know caps lock and num lock on/off notification...
One more thing Join FB's page you can find in pratyush signature there he posted windows media center registration page you can WMC for free...hope this should help you...

TrayStatus - CNET Download.com
download this app and it will show if caps/num is on or off, make sure its in the taskbar near the clock so that its visible all the time

pratyush997

Inactive
yes , it is there, considering the large y580 users its very less but definitely there, do u suggest me any other laptops which have slim profile ? and good hardware pack like samsung's ?
Lenovo Y580 is the best budget gaming Laptop out there and the truth is that Sammy packed a Bullshit in this lappy..
>Low cooling efficiency
>Slow HDD
>Gpu which f**king throttles
>CPU ^^ Same

imrock

Broken In
Any way to get single finger vertical and horizontal scrolling in browser and metro ui?? the trackpad drivers only have two fingers scrolling:cry::cry:

Last edited:
A

Ashwini Kumar

Does anyone solved the throttling problem on s01 model?
works fine while not charging but fps are not so great and while charging it throttles....help?

vardhan89

Right off the assembly line
I have 2 questions... PLSS..pllllss answer!!!!
1. I want to buy Samsung NP550p5c-s03IN... are there any inherent risks in buying a newly released model... should i go for s02IN??
2. were samsung able to fix the throttling and heating issue some s02IN users were facing?

I have few doubts for those who have already updated to windows 8....
- Can the downloaded files be written to a blank DVD ?
- If i order the windows 8 DVD, can i use it for a fresh OS install ?
- In how many PCs can i use the downloaded files/ DVD for upgrading to windows 8 ?

When i format my laptop, should i install windows 7 first, then upgrade it to win 8 or can i directly install win 8 using DVD(ordered) ?

pratyush997

Inactive
1. I want to buy Samsung NP550p5c-s03IN... are there any inherent risks in buying a newly released model... should i go for s02IN??
2. were samsung able to fix the throttling and heating issue some s02IN users were facing?
Wait till S03 launches...

duriel

Broken In

1. No, there isn't any risk since the hardware and design is almost the same. If you can forego BDROM then S03 is the best choice since it comes with win 8 and all drivers (hopefully) installed. But if win 8 doesn't suit you then you may choose S02.
2. I didn't have throttling issues during extensive gaming I had during one week of gaming marathon last month. Temperatures does reach about 85 though. If your idea is to game on this 50% of the time on ultra high settings on 900p for the whole life of this laptop then this laptop series might not be the right choice for you. But for everyday moderate usage temps stay within 45-60.

I have few doubts for those who have already updated to windows 8....
- Can the downloaded files be written to a blank DVD ?
- If i order the windows 8 DVD, can i use it for a fresh OS install ?
- In how many PCs can i use the downloaded files/ DVD for upgrading to windows 8 ?

When i format my laptop, should i install windows 7 first, then upgrade it to win 8 or can i directly install win 8 using DVD(ordered) ?
- Yes. The windows downloader will allow you to save the downloaded data to iso file.
- No, the dvd is also an upgrade version.
- One, since you get only one key.

Yes, if you format then you have to use the recovery dvd to load win7 first, then install win 8. IMO its much cheaper to just download the iso and burn it to dvd instead of ordering it.

anmol4all

Broken In
sorry for posting comment suddenly.
but i am really happy that i ordered S02 version yesterday and will be getting it today itself from samsung plaza.
i know throttling and heating issue but still spec wise it is the best laptop available.

vardhan89

Right off the assembly line
1. No, there isn't any risk since the hardware and design is almost the same. If you can forego BDROM then S03 is the best choice since it comes with win 8 and all drivers (hopefully) installed. But if win 8 doesn't suit you then you may choose S02.
2. I didn't have throttling issues during extensive gaming I had during one week of gaming marathon last month. Temperatures does reach about 85 though. If your idea is to game on this 50% of the time on ultra high settings on 900p for the whole life of this laptop then this laptop series might not be the right choice for you. But for everyday moderate usage temps stay within 45-60.

- Yes. The windows downloader will allow you to save the downloaded data to iso file.

Yes, if you format then you have to use the recovery dvd to load win7 first, then install win 8. IMO its much cheaper to just download the iso and burn it to dvd instead of ordering it.

Thanks mate. Thats very reassuring :)

Thanks !!

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
Hi guys,,

I have a chance to book this laptop, should i go for it or go for dell 15R turbo instead....i will be gaming, probably 2-3 hrs a day, that's i'm skeptical with the throatling issue.

pratyush997

Inactive
sorry for posting comment suddenly.
but i am really happy that i ordered S02 version yesterday and will be getting it today itself from samsung plaza.
i know throttling and heating issue but still spec wise it is the best laptop available.
Congrats But u could have waited for S03

rockz3r

Broken In
Can we play max payne 3 in ultra with low resolution like 800X600 and msaa of , fxaa off, tesselation also off . in the i5 version (so1in) how much fps am i gonna get???????????

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ it would look horrible at 800x600, always play with the highest possible resolution even if you have to reduce the graphics.......
eg

playing at 800x600 in Ultra ---> it will look horrible
playing at 1600x900 in high ----> looks way better

Top Bottom