The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

vineeth aredath

Right off the assembly line
Hi all, am Planning to Purchase the Samsung series 5 np550 p5c s02in and need your valuable inputs.

Ok so here goes my needs and i think this machine can handle them easily
-Occasional gaming (mostly nfs series)
-Raw file processing especially batch processing, here am expecting a better processing speed.

Ok so now the most concerned part, the warranty. Though am purchasing it from India, may not be using it here so need some insight on international warranty, somewhere i saw the international warranty sticker on the lap but in flipkart its mentioned as domestics warranty so someone please clarify me.

second thing is the heating and throttling issue, i know that the latest models after the bios update is free from such issues so would like to know the further details like any version number or manufacturing date etc of the latest models.

as the item is out of stock in flipkart and few other websites, am planing to get it from a local dealer(62k is what he's quoting ) so it would be very helpfull if someone update me with the specific version which i have to look for.

thanks

guys kindly go through the above and provide your valuable inputs.:wink:

pratyush997

Inactive
Nobody play new games in directx9, so 3D mak 06 score is old criteria to know performance. Use 3D Mark 11 please.

Download the latest drivers from nvidia site and tell me the 3D mark 11 performance (P) 1280x720 score.
I ran 3DMark Vantage.. Got this.. NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor,SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. SAMSUNG_NP1234567890 score: P9046 3DMarks

Donno know How good is it!

@Rider? ?

vineeth aredath

Ask dell india customer care about dell international warranty and if you are getting that buy
dell inspiron 15r turbo laptop with core-i7 and 1080p screen.

I contacted them few days back, as per dell executive, they only provide onsite support. Even if i have full cover, i cant claim it abroad. Later i saw the below page where its mentioned as the samsung 550 comes with 2year extended warrenty

Have a look at this page
Compusoft Systems online store Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN Compusoft Systems online store

Also here in This thread, saw a fellow members post claming the same

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-n...ptop-do-they-have-international-warranty.html

Now i think the model that flipkart sell may not be having an international warranty.

rider

as Kratos
I contacted them few days back, as per dell executive, they only provide onsite support. Even if i have full cover, i cant claim it abroad. Later i saw the below page where its mentioned as the samsung 550 comes with 2year extended warrenty

Have a look at this page
Compusoft Systems online store Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN Compusoft Systems online store

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-n...ptop-do-they-have-international-warranty.html

Now i think the model that flipkart sell may not be having an international warranty.

You should better talk to officials regarding to this. They will help you better in this talk and flipkart is just like a shopkeeper, it just sales whatever the item comes from the manufacturer. Also take a look on Asus G55 series laptops from amazon.com, it comes with international warranty for sure.

pratyush997

Inactive

Have a look at this page

it will have International Warranty ..... If the product is also being sold in that Country

dan4u

Took Off!!!

Have a look at this page

almost all laptops have international warranty, atleast for one year. maybe extended warranty will not apply.

vineeth aredath

You should better talk to officials regarding to this. They will help you better in this talk and flipkart is just like a shopkeeper, it just sales whatever the item comes from the manufacturer. Also take a look on Asus G55 series laptops from amazon.com, it comes with international warranty for sure.

Am expecting a callback from samsung rep as i have registered my concern at samsung care. Also waiting for my local dealer's response.

it will have International Warranty ..... If the product is also being sold in that Country

almost all laptops have international warranty, atleast for one year. maybe extended warranty will not apply.

If anyone can, please update me the Manufacturing date of latest ones, i assume that they are free from throttling and other niggling issues.

Thanks

Hi all, am Planning to Purchase the Samsung series 5 np550 p5c s02in and need your valuable inputs.

Ok so here goes my needs and i think this machine can handle them easily
-Occasional gaming (mostly nfs series)
-Raw file processing especially batch processing, here am expecting a better processing speed.

Ok so now the most concerned part, the warranty. Though am purchasing it from India, may not be using it here so need some insight on international warranty, somewhere i saw the international warranty sticker on the lap but in flipkart its mentioned as domestics warranty so someone please clarify me.

second thing is the heating and throttling issue, i know that the latest models after the bios update is free from such issues so would like to know the further details like any version number or manufacturing date etc of the latest models.

as the item is out of stock in flipkart and few other websites, am planing to get it from a local dealer(62k is what he's quoting ) so it would be very helpfull if someone update me with the specific version which i have to look for.

thanks

It has international warranty. I got it and has a sticker saying the same. You can free upgrade it to 2yrs if you buy before Nov 15 and register at their site.

dx1

Broken In
@rithuraj
the laptop is definitely a worth buy and looks more premium that how it looks in the site and in the video.go for it.i would recommend you to go for i7 model as it has a bluray drive and a better processor at a very nominal increase of 6k.any good bluray player itself costs 10k and it can easily be connected to a home theatre. there is no throttling.I CANNOT EMPHASIZE ON THE THIS FACT"THERE IS NO THROTTLING ENOUGH AS THIS WAS THE ONLY REASON HOLDING ME BACK IN BUYING THIS LAPTOP.MY SKEPTICISM INCREASED WHEN I SAW A VIDEO POSTED BY A MEMBER ON YOUTUBE.I CAN TOTALLY ASSURE YOU NO SUCH ISSUE EXISTS NOW

which Video? Please provide the link, many would like the problem.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
guys BIOS update is available P06AAA, its probably for windows 8.

also Windows 8 upgrade is available, check this out before doing any thing Samsung Windows 8 Upgrade guide

musadhiq

Broken In
has anyone successfully updated to windows 8
the compatabilty center shows that around 12 software are incompatible which include handy software like easy settings and microsoft office
does anyone have a solution

Top Bottom