The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
Hey haven't been on this thread for a while. I heard there was a BIOS update P05AAA released.

Where do I get it from? The software manager isn't updating itself.
*goo.gl/ZCRWa

Btw owners .. Get to the group in my sig.. Its owners group..

Btw owners .. Get to the group in my sig.. Its owners group..

hhh

Broken In
Temps are not increasing more than 80 after chnaging the mode to silent. I played for atleast 30 mins now and temps are under control. Thanks duriel for informing me.

Playing on battery keeps the temps lower as compared with playing while charging.

hhh

Broken In
hey,hhh i have to buy this lappy for GAMING or not ? What's your opinion ?

Dude genuinely this lappy is getting heated up while playing games on charging. I have still tried some basic games only, waiting to try some CPU intensive games. So you can wait for my reply or according to duriel who bought it around the same time you can take a decision.
I was also in a same position as of your last week when I decided to go for it. The reason I choose this coz there is no other machine(laptops) available providing such a configuration.

pratyush997

Inactive
^it gets heated up cuz of turbo boost tech which disables while on battery.. Simple.. either go to a cold place or else get a High wattage PSU(Not sure, if it fixes)

hhh

Broken In
Mine has manf. date of Aug. Was the box (samsung box) sealed when you got it? That way you can confirm if samsung/flipkart gave you the refurbished piece. But its highly unlikely its a refurbished one, because they will mention it if they are doing so.

What temps you get for cpu and gpu when you are gaming using hwmonitor? As I told I played Crysis 2 on 1080p all high settings. I was checking from time to time, cpu temps were hovering around 84C and gpu 75C. I guess you are not placing the laptop on soft surface like a bed which can easily block the vents.

IMO cooling pads are expensive, for a piece o plastic and a fan or two fixed with it. Most importantly these pads almost never work with the design of your laptop. If you have spare casing fan (or you can get one for 50 Rs) you can place it in various places below the laptop. If it does the magic then you can may go ahead and purchase one which has similarly placed fans.

Thanks for reply duriel. Yes my lappy was sealed. I will post the temps again in sometime, however it crosses 90 I game while charging. Yes I am placing my laptop at a soft surface but I am making sure that vent is exposed.

pratyush997

Inactive
Thanks for reply duriel. Yes my lappy was sealed. I will post the temps again in sometime, however it crosses 90 I game while charging. Yes I am placing my laptop at a soft surface but I am making sure that vent is exposed.
try 2 books method

hhh

Broken In
Yes pratyush,I live in bangalore and its pretty cool here. But I am now thinking to first buy a cooling pad. Please suggest me one. And if the temps still remains the same I ll think of buying the 120 watt adapter. But tell me has anyone tried the 120 watt adapter in this forum, how are the results ?

pratyush997

Inactive
Yes pratyush,I live in bangalore and its pretty cool here. But I am now thinking to first buy a cooling pad. Please suggest me one. And if the temps still remains the same I ll think of buying the 120 watt adapter. But tell me has anyone tried the 120 watt adapter in this forum, how are the results ?
get infinite evo.. or just 2 usb fans... BTW no one got 120W adapter man

hhh

Broken In
Bro its 2.7k on flipkart... and its actually bad that after spending so much on the laptop we have to buy a cooling pad....
However do you think that the design of this pad will be suitable for our laptop ?
Dude you are using a Notepal U2 ? is it helping in keeping the temps lower.

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
Bro its 2.7k on flipkart... and its actually bad that after spending so much on the laptop we have to buy a cooling pad....
However do you think that the design of this pad will be suitable for our laptop ?
Wel its 2.2k on ebay and I think its will ...
BTW Get in the group in my signature..

sakii

\m/ \m/
Juss wanna clear one doubt..... palm rest area getting heated up in new laptops ?? I mean those who bought in Sept & Oct.

I bought in July closing. Palm area gets significantly warm up with 15 min of game play in NORMAL mode too. Ryt nw can not run to CC till diwali too :(

Where is " dmplog & gamer_chetan & ankush " Guys r u facing prblms lyk me ??

pratyush997

Inactive
Juss wanna clear one doubt..... palm rest area getting heated up in new laptops ?? I mean those who bought in Sept & Oct.

I bought in July closing. Palm area gets significantly warm up with 15 min of game play in NORMAL mode too. Ryt nw can not run to CC till diwali too :(

Where is " dmplog & gamer_chetan & ankush " Guys r u facing prblms lyk me ??
Damn.. man.. it will get hot cuz of Metal... BTW That ain't much hot..

nick191

Journeyman
Dude genuinely this lappy is getting heated up while playing games on charging. I have still tried some basic games only, waiting to try some CPU intensive games. So you can wait for my reply or according to duriel who bought it around the same time you can take a decision.
I was also in a same position as of your last week when I decided to go for it. The reason I choose this coz there is no other machine(laptops) available providing such a configuration.

Thanks for your reply
i will try to wait till your complete opinion and how is the service of Flipkart is it safe to buy from them ? as there is no stock of i7 variant here !
In how much days you got your Delivery ?

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
S01's price dropped by around 1.5k on Flipkart.If m not wrong it was lyk 52.5k before..? Now its 51.1k.. Just informing :p

Had been to Nehru Place today- the lowest i could get was a price of 50.5k, along with the bag and some 10k travel voucher, headset and extended 2nd yr warranty that is a part of Samsung's diwali offer. Note that flipkart will not give the bag.

hhh

Broken In
Thanks for your reply
i will try to wait till your complete opinion and how is the service of Flipkart is it safe to buy from them ? as there is no stock of i7 variant here !
In how much days you got your Delivery ?

I played while charging just that after plugging in the charger, I changed the mode to normal/silent. Played for an hour and temps were 58-61...
Cannot comment on service flipkart provides, I dint get the laptop bag, called CC they sd it was not mentioned in the website but couple of user have recieved a bag from them. I ordered on a Sat and the laptop got delivered on Wed. They say the delivery of product in 2 - 4 working days. The i7 ver is available in flipkart now and they have reduced the cost by 300/- approx.

Top Bottom