The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

ashishn

Right off the assembly line
I bought this laptop a week ago and tbh, i hvnt faced any heating probs as such ( i hvent played any high demanding games as yet but hv used too many applications a few intensive ones to test the temps).

nick191

Journeyman
I played while charging just that after plugging in the charger, I changed the mode to normal/silent. Played for an hour and temps were 58-61...
Cannot comment on service flipkart provides, I dint get the laptop bag, called CC they sd it was not mentioned in the website but couple of user have recieved a bag from them. I ordered on a Sat and the laptop got delivered on Wed. They say the delivery of product in 2 - 4 working days. The i7 ver is available in flipkart now and they have reduced the cost by 300/- approx.

so will you recommend this to me as i am a HARDCORE GAMER ?
Thank you !

hhh

Broken In
so will you recommend this to me as i am a HARDCORE GAMER ?
Thank you !

Dude if you are a hardcore gamer(play high-end games for 7-8 hrs nonstop daily), laptops are not for you. Go for a console.
However, if you want mobility too.... then within this range and this config. I dont think you can get any other laptop in india at this moment.

N

Naishadh Joshi

Hello guys, i am planning to buy S01IN, can you tell me where can i get it at the cheapest rate? I had called the local dealer and he quoted me a price of 55k. :shock:

nick191

Journeyman
Dude if you are a hardcore gamer(play high-end games for 7-8 hrs nonstop daily), laptops are not for you. Go for a console.
However, if you want mobility too.... then within this range and this config. I dont think you can get any other laptop in india at this moment.

okay you have only heating problem noting like Throttling ? So at least we can play GAMES !
Will buy this one ! and what is your max temps ?

Thedevilsknight

This laptop caught my eye when I went looking for it on saturday, when I was about to order it today I got the answer that it's out of stock now, everywhere. And samsung has said it won't be available for at least 1-2 months. So the time ofthis laptop is probably done. Lets hope Samsung releases a new one soon.

I wanted one urgently and wanted to get this so bad :-(

vineeth aredath

Hi all, am Planning to Purchase the Samsung series 5 np550 p5c s02in and need your valuable inputs.

Ok so here goes my needs and i think this machine can handle them easily
-Occasional gaming (mostly nfs series)
-Raw file processing especially batch processing, here am expecting a better processing speed.

Ok so now the most concerned part, the warranty. Though am purchasing it from India, may not be using it here so need some insight on international warranty, somewhere i saw the international warranty sticker on the lap but in flipkart its mentioned as domestics warranty so someone please clarify me.

second thing is the heating and throttling issue, i know that the latest models after the bios update is free from such issues so would like to know the further details like any version number or manufacturing date etc of the latest models.

as the item is out of stock in flipkart and few other websites, am planing to get it from a local dealer(62k is what he's quoting ) so it would be very helpfull if someone update me with the specific version which i have to look for.

thanks

sh1v

just came across these two "coming soon" updated 550p models!!

Samsung NP550P5C-S03IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) vs Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-S02IN 3rd Gen Ci7/8GB/1TB/2GB Graphics/Win 7 HP vs Samsung NP550P5C-S04IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) vs Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN

sh1v

just came across these "coming soon" updated 550p models on flipkart!!

Samsung NP550P5C-S03IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) vs Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-S02IN 3rd Gen Ci7/8GB/1TB/2GB Graphics/Win 7 HP vs Samsung NP550P5C-S04IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) vs Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN

rider

as Kratos
Hello Np550 users tell me what is the 3D mark 11 score of GT 650M now by updating new drivers?

rider

as Kratos
the 3D mark06 score was 14206 using the stock driver, still have to test it with the new driver.......

Nobody play new games in directx9, so 3D mak 06 score is old criteria to know performance. Use 3D Mark 11 please.

Download the latest drivers from nvidia site and tell me the 3D mark 11 performance (P) 1280x720 score.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I got 2350 using the stock driver, downloading the latest driver now........