The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

Ashish247

Journeyman
i dont have any controller...Dan4U plays with X-box controller...Metro 2033..is also a good game...but very demanding. but GT 650M can handle it.

Guys i have a problem...today i got assassin's creed DVD and there is some problem while installing...When i click "install the program in auto play" whole laptops hangs and doesn't respond...but as soon as i remove the DVD the laptop becomes normal again...i can't install the game. i tried many DVD still not working...can't even copy paste DVD's content to Drives...is there anything i missed...are there any DVD drivers...or my DVD writer is corrupt and need to show SAMSUNG.
I had a similar problem i couldn't copy entire dvd and it used to stop working/hang in between. I noticed it the first day and replaced it the next day(which also gave me a throttling-free laptop :p)

pratyush997

Inactive
Congrats to new owner of NP550. Enjoy the games.
@old owners: I asked 3 times about the new updates of nVidia but no one is answering. RON28, pratyush997, ujjwal007, har, guys.....!
I would have downloaded and tested it myself but we can't download anything greater than 50MB so ...
even i didn't updated man..

RON28

Cyborg Agent
original disc bought from flipkart...that means i have to replace the lappy? can't they repair this one...because it has been stuffed with lots of data.

Ashish247

Journeyman
original disc bought from flipkart...that means i have to replace the lappy? can't they repair this one...because it has been stuffed with lots of data.

ofcourse they can.. you can get the dvd drive replaced.. infact that is most likely to happen if you approach the service center.

hhh

Broken In
Guys this lappy is faqin hott..... I played NFS pro street for some 10-15 mins on turbo mode and the vent was bloody throwing out flames....... and finally the laptop got switched off after 1 race....
Please suggest guys what should i do.. ???

I was playing on battery and after switching it no... batter showed 29%(52 mins).

Here are the temps after one more race temps19_10.png....

My Nvidia version is 4.3.800.0 is that the same I should use ?

Last edited:

duriel

Broken In
plz make da video,its really important
Okies, will make one in 2 days.

i had the same list in mind but heard that metro 2033 is playable only on med settings.know its a intense game but still its 650m.
Yep, not playable on full on settings. I can play fine with these settings: *i.imgur.com/kgKNU.jpg

Guys this lappy is faqin hott..... I played NS pro street now for some 10-15 mins on turbo mode and the vent was bloody throwing flames....... and finally the laptop got switched off after 1 race....
Please suggest guys what should i do.. ???

I was playing on battery and after switching it no... batter showed 29%(52 mins).

Why turbo mode? When you switch to turbo mode, the power settings is changed to high and the cpu is forcefully made to run on full throttle. The GPU is not affected at all by this setting. The CPU already provides plenty of power for games, increasing it some more IMO is unnecessary. Yesterday I played and finished Crysis 2 on full settings on power saver mode in 11 hours continuously. No issues. Although heat is an issue, so a proper cooling pad is a must for gaming or else the lifespan would get reduced. I guess I won't find any time to play games in the coming months, so not an issue for me.

Last edited:

hhh

Broken In
Okies, will make one in 2 days.

Yep, not playable on full on settings. I can play fine with these settings: *i.imgur.com/kgKNU.jpg

Why turbo mode? When you switch to turbo mode, the power settings is changed to high and the cpu is forcefully made to run on full throttle. The GPU is not affected at all by this setting. The CPU already provides plenty of power for games, increasing it some more IMO is unnecessary. Yesterday I played and finished Crysis 2 on full settings on power saver mode in 11 hours continuously. No issues. Although heat is an issue, so a proper cooling pad is a must for gaming or else the lifespan would get reduced. I guess I won't find any time to play games in the coming months, so not an issue for me.

Thanks for replying duriel. Can you please tell me the month of manufacture of ur sammy ?
I will definately go for a cooling pad in some days.However samsung has provided all the three modes to use the laptop, dint expect it to switch off. I am now really bothered that I might have recieved a faulty piece. When I first did unbox my laptop, the cover for the adapter was torn a bit. Either the laptop flipkart gave is a used one. I will have to perform some checks. Can you guys help me with a list of things which can help me check my laptop thoroughly.
Already checked for the dead pixel, dint find any.

Last edited:

sakii

\m/ \m/
i dont have any controller...Dan4U plays with X-box controller...Metro 2033..is also a good game...but very demanding. but GT 650M can handle it.

Guys i have a problem...today i got assassin's creed DVD and there is some problem while installing...When i click "install the program in auto play" whole laptops hangs and doesn't respond...but as soon as i remove the DVD the laptop becomes normal again...i can't install the game. i tried many DVD still not working...can't even copy paste DVD's content to Drives...is there anything i missed...are there any DVD drivers...or my DVD writer is corrupt and need to show SAMSUNG.

Ron >> 1st dent in ur brand new Ferrari :p

BTW DVD drive is troubling me too....i hav almost 50-60 DVDs to copy (awl movies) and many dvd i can not copy awl movies....i didnt juss copy all....systm smtyms hangs...cm tym juss refuse to copy..gives a error [I am using Teracopy software fr copying]

ratul

█████████████████
Ron >> 1st dent in ur brand new Ferrari :p

BTW DVD drive is troubling me too....i hav almost 50-60 DVDs to copy (awl movies) and many dvd i can not copy awl movies....i didnt juss copy all....systm smtyms hangs...cm tym juss refuse to copy..gives a error [I am using Teracopy software fr copying]

idk, but i think laptop DVD drives are somewhat copy-right protected or something, many of my friends used to tell me that for past many years, and past week, i was burning a Windows 7 DVD from the ISO downloaded from MS DigitalRiver (so, it was original and SHA1 verified it to be MSDN ISO)...
After burning it @4x through my lappy's DVD ROM, my laptop DVD rom itself was'nt able to read it, system hangs, and DVD just spins vigorously in the drive, even not detecting during booting, tried on my desktop DVD drive, and it worked fine there..
As copying windows iso is infringement of windows copyright law, so i think that could be the problem...

duriel

Broken In
Thanks for replying duriel. Can you please tell me the month of manufacture of ur sammy ?
I will definately go for a cooling pad in some days.However samsung has provided all the three modes to use the laptop, dint expect it to switch off. I am now really bothered that I might have recieved a faulty piece. When I first did unbox my laptop, the cover for the adapter was torn a bit. Either the laptop flipkart gave is a used one. I will have to perform some checks. Can you guys help me with a list of things which can help me check my laptop thoroughly.

Mine has manf. date of Aug. Was the box (samsung box) sealed when you got it? That way you can confirm if samsung/flipkart gave you the refurbished piece. But its highly unlikely its a refurbished one, because they will mention it if they are doing so.

What temps you get for cpu and gpu when you are gaming using hwmonitor? As I told I played Crysis 2 on 1080p all high settings. I was checking from time to time, cpu temps were hovering around 84C and gpu 75C. I guess you are not placing the laptop on soft surface like a bed which can easily block the vents.

IMO cooling pads are expensive, for a piece o plastic and a fan or two fixed with it. Most importantly these pads almost never work with the design of your laptop. If you have spare casing fan (or you can get one for 50 Rs) you can place it in various places below the laptop. If it does the magic then you can may go ahead and purchase one which has similarly placed fans.

pratyush997

Inactive
bro check the first run date in bios.. First page

IMO cooling pads are expensive, for a piece o plastic and a fan or two fixed with it. Most importantly these pads almost never work with the design of your laptop. If you have spare casing fan (or you can get one for 50 Rs) you can place it in various places below the laptop. If it does the magic then you can may go ahead and purchase one which has similarly placed fans.
completely agree with the cooling pad one... +111

sanku

Right off the assembly line
guyz don't know if u already know, but the free extended warranty as restarted :-D
Samsung Laptop - Additional Warranty Offer

hhh

Broken In
bro check the first run date in bios.. First page

Thanks for the reply pratyush, i tried going to the bios dint find this option.
However I checked in the event viewer and found system has few events on 14 Aug 12 and then the day I bought.

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Hey haven't been on this thread for a while. I heard there was a BIOS update P05AAA released.

Where do I get it from? The software manager isn't updating itself.

hhh

Broken In
Temps are not increasing more than 80 after chnaging the mode to silent. I played for atleast 30 mins now and temps are under control. Thanks duriel for informing me.

Top Bottom