The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

rituraj691

Right off the assembly line
This one: Samsung 550P7C S02 unboxing - YouTube

Обзор ноутбука Samsung 550P5C-S02 - YouTube

I don't think there are any unboxing/review videos from India. I can make a video with an overview if you want.
plz make a video.i really want it

hhh

Broken In
Just recieved my sammy i7 ver from flipkart... I am very excited.
Thanks for all your suggestion guys :) :)

@RON, @duriel But didnt recieve the laptop bag :( what should i do... called flipkart CC they say it was not mentioned in the website.

was looking at macbook wiith same specs ended up buying this from flipkart.great laptop bought it for 59.6K.got no bag.was delivered yesterday.
macbook with same specs costs around 1lac.

update:
updated drivers for display and nvidia graphic card and there is no throttling got a 90 whr adapter.no problem with touchpad really good and much better than my old vaio
was waiting to buy it after windows 8 launch but came to know from a dealer in chennai that the prices will be updated to 73k from 26th october with win8 launch and the laptop will be available
with win 8 preinstalled.he said there will be no changes in the hardware and only software will change.so i immediately bought it online as he didnt have stock.laptop is just awesome:p :p:p
no issues till now.got a freshly manufactured piece from flipkart (sept 2012)so i think all issues are taken care of .overall a great buy at 59.7K.

update:the prices have gone up at flipkart now available at 60.9K

Hi Musadhiq,
Good to hear that dude congrats :)
I also got mine today but with no laptop bag...

RON28

Cyborg Agent
what? without bag pack? why? call Samsung CC and tell them...because bag pack is specially made for this laptop...its SAMSUNG's bag pack.

Congrats btw enjoy with your new laptop. help members who are new and want to know anything about your laptop... :)

musadhiq

Broken In

@RON, @duriel But didnt recieve the laptop bag :( what should i do... called flipkart CC they say it was not mentioned in the website.

Hi Musadhiq,
we must be happy that all issues faced by other members are cleared and we got from fresh stock.i played crysis 2 for half an hour no throttling.i am using a targus bag of my old laptop.
only issue i am having is that the hdd is very slow.WAS USED TO THE PERFORMANCE OF SSD ON MY OLD VAIO.PLANNING TO UPDATE TO A CORSAIR FORCE 3 SSD 120GB and use the 1 tb as external drive.but i already have a seagate usb 3.0 1tb hdd so holding back my decision and eagerly waiting for windows 8 release.Just registered for additional 1 year warranty and windows 8 upgrade offer.overall a nice laptop considering the price to performance ratio.my budget was for around 80k and was wanting a macbook air for its design and looks but saw the performance of ulv processor ,they kind of sucked ended with this bad boy and every letter i type on its keyboard makes me feel i have taken the right decision and saved 20k in the process.
have not found any issue yet with the laptop.

update:called samsung cc they said the laptop bag is given by the dealer and that i should contact them.so no bag at price of 59.7K
battery life is decent
3:54 mins in samsung optimized settings(special option in the laptop)
5:04 mins in power save mode.
also inquired about ssd the warranty is not void if we upgrade to ssd but saw the boot times and the app starting times of windows 8 and they are discouraging my purchase.the laptop will perform better with windows 8 and i would recommend this laptop to any one with the budget of 60k to 75k

hhh

Broken In
we must be happy that all issues faced by other members are cleared and we got from fresh stock.i played crysis 2 for half an hour no throttling.i am using a targus bag of my old laptop.
only issue i am having is that the hdd is very slow.WAS USED TO THE PERFORMANCE OF SSD ON MY OLD VAIO.PLANNING TO UPDATE TO A CORSAIR FORCE 3 SSD 120GB and use the 1 tb as external drive.but i already have a seagate usb 3.0 1tb hdd so holding back my decision and eagerly waiting for windows 8 release.Just registered for additional 1 year warranty and windows 8 upgrade offer.overall a nice laptop considering the price to performance ratio.my budget was for around 80k and was wanting a macbook air for its design and looks but saw the performance of ulv processor ,they kind of sucked ended with this bad boy and every letter i type on its keyboard makes me feel i have taken the right decision and saved 20k in the process.
have not found any issue yet with the laptop.

update:called samsung cc they said the laptop bag is given by the dealer and that i should contact them.so no bag at price of 59.7K
battery life is decent
3:54 mins in samsung optimized settings(special option in the laptop)
5:04 mins in power save mode.
also inquired about ssd the warranty is not void if we upgrade to ssd but saw the boot times and the app starting times of windows 8 and they are discouraging my purchase.the laptop will perform better with windows 8 and i would recommend this laptop to any one with the budget of 60k to 75k

Hmm that is true :) . However manufacture of the piece I have recieved is Aug 2012, I have tested the piece yet. I will start testing it from tonight. May I know the manufacture of your product ?

Chirag_123

Broken In
what? without bag pack? why? call Samsung CC and tell them...because bag pack is specially made for this laptop...its SAMSUNG's bag pack.

Congrats btw enjoy with your new laptop. help members who are new and want to know anything about your laptop... :)

FK slashed d price by rs 500 of d i5 version and dey r not giving laptop bag anymore :p

rituraj691

Right off the assembly line
This one: Samsung 550P7C S02 unboxing - YouTube

Обзор ноутбука Samsung 550P5C-S02 - YouTube

I don't think there are any unboxing/review videos from India. I can make a video with an overview if you want.

plz make da video,its really important

nick191

Journeyman

Hi Musadhiq,

hey,i am also thinking of buying this laptop from Flipkart,i have to buy it or not ?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Congrats to new owner of NP550. Enjoy the games.
@old owners: I asked 3 times about the new updates of nVidia but no one is answering. RON28, pratyush997, ujjwal007, har, guys.....!
I would have downloaded and tested it myself but we can't download anything greater than 50MB so ...

nick191

Journeyman
Hmm that is true :) . However manufacture of the piece I have recieved is Aug 2012, I have tested the piece yet. I will start testing it from tonight. May I know the manufacture of your product ?

please let me know if anything happen like throttling in your laptop as i am gone buy it in this week mostly !

RON28

Cyborg Agent
50MB i think you are on airtel 3G...yeah i downloaded new drivers and those are stable version. go ahead and download...no problems swapnil.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
oh...finally...one reply, thanks RON28. I dont know what connection we have but server refuse so many things here. Can't see matches also. college suck

musadhiq

Broken In
found a con
the hinge of the laptop is not good.my old vaio had better hinges.samsung could have done better in this department
the drivers can easily be updated by the "easy software download "software in the laptop
no issues with the laptop performance and definitely no throttling played crysis2 for 1 hour at 1366 by 768 as that is the only game i have.
the laptop runs very cool during normal tasks ans is very silent also.the fan and heat kicks in only when playing games.temp was acceptable .
suggest me some good games.was a gamer before left gaming completely and now again starting
anybody played dishonored yet has got great reviews all over.planning to buy a xbox controller as the arrow keys are small and would not want to spoil the beautiful keyboard.what do you think should i get the wired or wireless also tell me some good games.
@rithuraj
the laptop is definitely a worth buy and looks more premium that how it looks in the site and in the video.go for it.i would recommend you to go for i7 model as it has a bluray drive and a better processor at a very nominal increase of 6k.any good bluray player itself costs 10k and it can easily be connected to a home theatre. there is no throttling.I CANNOT EMPHASIZE ON THE THIS FACT"THERE IS NO THROTTLING ENOUGH AS THIS WAS THE ONLY REASON HOLDING ME BACK IN BUYING THIS LAPTOP.MY SKEPTICISM INCREASED WHEN I SAW A VIDEO POSTED BY A MEMBER ON YOUTUBE.I CAN TOTALLY ASSURE YOU NO SUCH ISSUE EXISTS NOW

forgot to tell about the screen .the screen is great and is importantly a matte finish anti reflective one.there are very few laptops with such screen and also the resolution is high 1600 by 900.the color reproduction is excellent and it has a wide color gamut.
the speakers are even better .the jbl 2.1 speakers can be described in one word .AWESOMEGREAT SOUND REPRODUCTION
the touchpad is nice and responsive with good gesture support like circular scrolling

RON28

Cyborg Agent
found a con
the hinge of the laptop is not good.my old vaio had better hinges.samsung could have done better in this department
the drivers can easily be updated by the "easy software download "software in the laptop
no issues with the laptop performance and definitely no throttling played crysis2 for 1 hour at 1366 by 768 as that is the only game i have.
the laptop runs very cool during normal tasks ans is very silent also.the fan and heat kicks in only when playing games.temp was acceptable .
suggest me some good games.was a gamer before left gaming completely and now again starting
anybody played dishonored yet has got great reviews all over.planning to buy a xbox controller as the arrow keys are small and would not want to spoil the beautiful keyboard.what do you think should i get the wired or wireless also tell me some good games.
@rithuraj
the laptop is definitely a worth buy and looks more premium that how it looks in the site and in the video.go for it.i would recommend you to go for i7 model as it has a bluray drive and a better processor at a very nominal increase of 6k.any good bluray player itself costs 10k and it can easily be connected to a home theatre. there is no throttling.I CANNOT EMPHASIZE ON THE THIS FACT"THERE IS NO THROTTLING ENOUGH AS THIS WAS THE ONLY REASON HOLDING ME BACK IN BUYING THIS LAPTOP.MY SKEPTICISM INCREASED WHEN I SAW A VIDEO POSTED BY A MEMBER ON YOUTUBE.I CAN TOTALLY ASSURE YOU NO SUCH ISSUE EXISTS NOW
its good that you cleared everyone's doubt..people are holding back because of throttling...dishonored is smooth on high settings...try Skyrim, Battlefield 3, NFS hot pursuit 2010.

musadhiq

Broken In
its good that you cleared everyone's doubt..people are holding back because of throttling...dishonored is smooth on high settings...try Skyrim, Battlefield 3, NFS hot pursuit 2010.

@ron how do you play and what would you recommend a wired or a wireless xbox controller. howz your battery life . i had the same list in mind but heard that metro 2033 is playable only on med settings.know its a intense game but still its 650m.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
i dont have any controller...Dan4U plays with X-box controller...Metro 2033..is also a good game...but very demanding. but GT 650M can handle it.

Guys i have a problem...today i got assassin's creed DVD and there is some problem while installing...When i click "install the program in auto play" whole laptops hangs and doesn't respond...but as soon as i remove the DVD the laptop becomes normal again...i can't install the game. i tried many DVD still not working...can't even copy paste DVD's content to Drives...is there anything i missed...are there any DVD drivers...or my DVD writer is corrupt and need to show SAMSUNG.

pratyush997

Inactive
i dont have any controller...Dan4U plays with X-box controller...Metro 2033..is also a good game...but very demanding. but GT 650M can handle it.

Guys i have a problem...today i got assassin's creed DVD and there is some problem while installing...When i click "install the program in auto play" whole laptops hangs and doesn't respond...but as soon as i remove the DVD the laptop becomes normal again...i can't install the game. i tried many DVD still not working...can't even copy paste DVD's content to Drives...is there anything i missed...are there any DVD drivers...or my DVD writer is corrupt and need to show SAMSUNG.
all you need is lot of patience ... U using original disc or....

found a con
@rithuraj

forgot to tell about the screen .the screen is great and is importantly a matte finish anti reflective one.there are very few laptops with such screen and also the resolution is high 1600 by 900.the color reproduction is excellent and it has a wide color gamut.
the speakers are even better .the jbl 2.1 speakers can be described in one word .AWESOMEGREAT SOUND REPRODUCTION
the touchpad is nice and responsive with good gesture support like circular scrolling
bro get in the group in my sig..its owner group

Top Bottom