The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

sj2202

Broken In
Did any one of the owners do a display test??
If yes,then can anybody confirm the Black levels,contrast ratio,colour quality,etc. of the display? :)

xpert007

Broken In
r u using the laptop's keyboard while playing games also?
keyboard does makes some noise while typing , does this one makes loud squeaking noise than other laptops keyboards ??

some users had told about the low contrast ratio ? where we can feel the difference in contrast ratio between 2 lappys one having higher than other ?
in normal usage , playing games , watching movies inside room(well lit) , does any problem arises due 2 this low contrast ratio?

why r u selling it?
r u facing some mazor issue ?

i am going to buy a laptop in next few weeks ... i am finding this lappy with its configuration very interesting ?
shud i opt for it or not ?
many usrrs r expiericing some strange issues with this lappy?
waht about throttling issue , heating issue and fps drop issue while playing games?
does all this issue are not there with the release of offcial gt650m drivers or now also it exists?

someone need to answer all this query?

avj

Broken In
someone need to answer all this query?
i always use lappy's keyboard...i dont find the noise annoying..
for me it never throttled except for ac2
personally i prefer the drivers which came with lappy than the recent drivers bcoz of better temps

switch44

Broken In
hey guys!
great reviews for this comp.i'm planning to get the i5 variant.
anyone buy it laptop from mumbai?know where i can get a good price?
and through flipkart you dont get a bag do you?
also does it come with an international warranty?

sanj

Broken In
m playin darksiders2.i cheched for gpu throttling and downloaded MSI afterburner and downclocked the gpu by 100mhz as pratyush997 said.but even after that m facing throttling.i uninstalled nvidia graphics driver and performed a clean install.but no success.but when m playin without charging then fps is fine but when on charging fps drops drastically.i followed pratyush997 guide for downclocking gpu..

pratyush997

Inactive
m playin darksiders2.i cheched for gpu throttling and downloaded MSI afterburner and downclocked the gpu by 100mhz as pratyush997 said.but even after that m facing throttling.i uninstalled nvidia graphics driver and performed a clean install.but no success.but when m playin without charging then fps is fine but when on charging fps drops drastically.i followed pratyush997 guide for downclocking gpu..
Seems like in this case CPU is throttling! :| Did u checked that ?
Link

pratyush997

Inactive
yes i checked.cpu is throttling..
m confused about turbo mode also.
can you plz tell me what settings i have to change before playing a game..
well i just underclock gpu by 100 mhz and cpu to 18 fid...select turbo mode and select sammy optimized in power opts..try those setts

sanj

Broken In
well i just underclock gpu by 100 mhz and cpu to 18 fid...select turbo mode and select sammy optimized in power opts..try those setts

when m playin on battery then fps is fine but with charger fps decrease drastically.i dont know what's the problem.why the hell i updated bios coz before update everything was fine..

i hv installed windows from the bundled DVD.do i have to download drivers separately now?

Top Bottom