The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

avj

Broken In
when m playin on battery then fps is fine but with charger fps decrease drastically.i dont know what's the problem.why the hell i updated bios coz before update everything was fine..

i hv installed windows from the bundled DVD.do i have to download drivers separately now?

just download easy software manger from sammy site...install the drivers using it

switch44

Broken In
Awesome deal online at LaptopWale.com. But is it reliable? :eek: LINK

wow!
but yeah is it reliable...i've never heard of it...it doesnt have a cash on delivery option either...damn!
thanks ill try to find out about this page.
anyone know any retail shops with good deal on this?

xpert007

Broken In
my frnd had np550p5c s01 . he now wants to buy a cooling pad his budget is atmost 1k he had chossen 2 models
zebronics nc400

Zebronics NC 4000 Cooling Pad | Cooling Pad | Flipkart.com

and belkin f5l055

Belkin F5L055 Cooling Pad | Cooling Pad | Flipkart.com

which one is best among 2?

skepticmuggle

Broken In
I don't know to what extent these data are accurate but contrast ratio is also making me think... Actually speaking, i am more concerned about screen than graphics card. One member suggested me to change the lappy's screen but i am not sure if the screen is available in the market or not. I am totally in love with everything of this lappy except the screen. Can we make the screen better by any means ??? External monitor is not an option for me. please help anyone...

I am also facing a similar confusion. Can any of the owners please comment on the display (esp: contrast ratio) ?

Thanks.

xpert007

Broken In
IMO the Belkin should be a better idea due to their wave design providing better air flow.

zebronics one has 2 fans but i think the fans are not placed at a position where they can effectively cool sammy lappy

but belkin has single fan with better design....

my frnd will play game max 1hr .. only for playing games he need cooling pad bcoz lappy gets heated up

now trell which one is best zebronics with 2 fan or belkin 1 fan and better design or any other under 1k?

Mayank Gupta

Right off the assembly line
Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN or Lenovo Ideapad Z580-339356?

Hey Guys,
I am really confused b/w the two. The price diff. is not much, 2-4k. Plus points of both:
Lenovo: Better service in India than Samsung (I think so), better keyboard, free 3yrs warranty, no reported over-heating/throttling issue
Samsung: Good CPU/graphics processor/resolution/matte screen/speakers/build quality better than Lenovo (from notebookcheck)

Off course Samsung is a better bet spec wise but the only thing stopping me is the overheating, throttling issues. I have heard about dust accumulation is also a problem in NP550. Is that so?

Also, Samsung is offering 1 yr warranty while Lenovo is giving 3yrs for free till 30 Sep. Should I opt for 3 yrs in Samsung by paying extra?

Please reply fast as Lenovo 3yrs free warranty will end by the end of this month.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Free 1 year warranty date has been extended.

Now valid for all laptops purchased from 1st June till 15th november!

Details - Terms & Conditions

Register here - Samsung Laptop - Additional Warranty Offer

:D

pratyush997

Inactive
Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN or Lenovo Ideapad Z580-339356?

Hey Guys,
I am really confused b/w the two. The price diff. is not much, 2-4k. Plus points of both:
Lenovo: Better service in India than Samsung (I think so), better keyboard, free 3yrs warranty, no reported over-heating/throttling issue
Samsung: Good CPU/graphics processor/resolution/matte screen/speakers/build quality better than Lenovo (from notebookcheck)

Off course Samsung is a better bet spec wise but the only thing stopping me is the overheating, throttling issues. I have heard about dust accumulation is also a problem in NP550. Is that so?

Also, Samsung is offering 1 yr warranty while Lenovo is giving 3yrs for free till 30 Sep. Should I opt for 3 yrs in Samsung by paying extra?

Please reply fast as Lenovo 3yrs free warranty will end by the end of this month.
lenovo got Weak GFX, Weak CPU, Poor Resolution(No BD-ROM :p) Now u can select which is better :|

switch44

Broken In
Yeah just saw that today
Got me super excited. :-D
I just hope I find a good deal on the laptop.
Everyone seems to be quoting 52k for the i5 and 61k from i7.
Till now i havent found anything cheaper than flipkart!! :-(
ofcourse theres the laptopwale.com offer of 46k on the i5 but not sure of them.

Hello All,
I purchased the i7 S02-IN this weekend for 58.5k. Till now everything is looking good. The system gave highest benchmarks in AIDA64 (new name for everest ultimate) . however temps got upto 90deg on the CPU !!!!!

Installing Ubuntu Linux today. However I am not able to get the drivers for the system. Can anyone tell me where I can find the drivers (especially the Intel Graphics Card and Realtek Sound card)

Mayank Gupta

Right off the assembly line
lenovo got Weak GFX, Weak CPU, Poor Resolution(No BD-ROM :p) Now u can select which is better :|

Hey pratyush, I think u own this laptop. Which version i7 or i5? Any throttling, over-heating issue u experienced. Also, how is the build quality?

Can you suggest a review anywhere which may make the choice easier. Thanks :)

Hey pratyush, I think u own this laptop. Which version i7 or i5? Any throttling, over-heating issue u experienced. Also, how is the build quality?

What is the contrast ratio for this one? I have heard its very less around 121:1. How is the screen and picture quality while watching movies and gaming?

sanj

Broken In
@pratyush997

bro here is my gpu-z log.looks like gpu is not throlling..
then whats the problem?

Attachments

• GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt
    52.3 KB · Views: 146

pratyush997

Inactive

What is the contrast ratio for this one? I have heard its very less around 121:1. How is the screen and picture quality while watching movies and gaming?
Lappy is good. No overheating after MoBo replaced!! Build Quality is good.. BTW U quoted ur own post lol :|

@pratyush997

bro here is my gpu-z log.looks like gpu is not throlling..
then whats the problem?
Bro UD GPU and Play.. though temps are awesome u can Even OC. :p Use driver sweeper to uninstall GPU driver and Install New ones..

sanj

Broken In
@pratyush997

(Bro UD GPU and Play) what?

i know theres no gpu throttling and temp are awright (the log is with charger connected) but when i play with charger after some time fps drops drastically.for example when i start BF3 then i got 45-50 with fraps but after some time fps drops to 7 and i have to unplug charger to improve fps.when i unplug charger then fps increases to 45-50...

thats my problem..

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
@pratyush997

(Bro UD GPU and Play) what?

i know theres no gpu throttling and temp are awright (the log is with charger connected) but when i play with charger after some time fps drops drastically.for example when i start BF3 then i got 45-50 with fraps but after some time fps drops to 7 and i have to unplug charger to improve fps.when i unplug charger then fps increases to 45-50...

thats my problem..
UD Means Underclock.. BTW TS Limited to 18 fixed all faqin Throttling Can u check this if it fails Then CPU is Not stable even @ Stock Clocks

sanj

Broken In
@pratyush997

Bro here is my burn test results.what u think now???
no problem with gpu,no problem with cpu.what the hell is wrong with my laptop?

*i.imgur.com/b1jVn.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom