The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

NedStark

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys!
I've gone through the whole thread and I've understood most of it.. the rest just went over me.
The thing is, I need a new laptop which will last me 4/5 years for my bachelors architecture course.
I spotted this beast at a showroom in Jaipur and the specs are .. amazing!
I'm getting the i5 version for INR 53,500.
I'll be using it for autocad, photoshop, etc. and i plan on taking up serious gaming since my previous laptop (compaq 610 [core 2 duo, 3Gb ram, 320Gb storage, and no graphic card] ) couldnt run anything more than cs 1.6 and even then would heat up a lot!
With the i5 version, are there any heating,lagging, etc problems? What are the cons?
Also, the lenevo z580 can be taken as a strong contender right?

Waiting for a quick reply. Thanks ! :thumbs:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
No serious gaming on this laptop. It does get heat up during long gameplay. And if you planning to game occasionally for long hours then ok. if planing to game daily for long hours then dont buy this. Overall its cool sexy laptop. But 53500 is slightly overpriced.

NedStark

Okay thanks!
What about normal web browsing and listening to music through the speakers. does it heat up then?

Galactic

Just when i was finalizing my decision to buy from laptopwale.com they raised their price frm 46000 to 54000 !!! :shock::shock:

Everybody have increased their price. Flipkart now 51938 (I checked 3 days back it was ~51730). Snapdeal 52300. First time I have seen snapdeal's price above flipkart's.

I dont know buddy if much options are left but to go and buy from shop (you trust). I have a feeling it will go Out Of Stock pretty soon. It is becoming a hit. No doubt. :razz:

switch44

Broken In
yeah except now ill have to find some other place to buy it from. Flipkart raised its price too but only by 200rs *phew*!
Please people in mumbai suggestions for retail outlets?
BTW i have an option of getting an hp dv6-6c50 : i7-2670QM, 2gb hd 7690XT GDDR5, 4gb ram with beats audio for almost 50k
i know the specs seem kinda outdated but just wanted to totally rule it off. All the other comps(except for the samsung ofcourse:p) come with a gt630 or ati 7670 which seem disappointing.

NedStark

yeah except now ill have to find some other place to buy it from. Flipkart raised its price too but only by 200rs *phew*!
Please people in mumbai suggestions for retail outlets?
BTW i have an option of getting an hp dv6-6c50 : i7-2670QM, 2gb hd 7690XT GDDR5, 4gb ram with beats audio for almost 50k
i know the specs seem kinda outdated but just wanted to totally rule it off. All the other comps(except for the samsung ofcourse:p) come with a gt630 or ati 7670 which seem disappointing.

You can check out mumbai dealers here => [*www.samsung.com/in/consumer/pc-per...igh-performance/NP550P5C-S01IN-dealerlocator].

sanj

Broken In
do samsung have one month replacement or refund policy or not?
coz now i am sure i have a defect in my laptop and want to replace it.i dont want a repaired laptop(like MOBO replacement).i want replacement.is it possible?
any help plz?

switch44

Broken In
You can check out mumbai dealers here => [*www.samsung.com/in/consumer/pc-per...igh-performance/NP550P5C-S01IN-dealerlocator].

Yeah i checked some of them out but they're quoting around 52k without any accessories. I might as well get it conveniently from flipkart.
btw is it only my net connection or is the flipkart server acting screwy today?

oh and also one more comp into the mix
the dell 15rse middle east version : core i5 3210, ati hd 7730M , full hd screen, 6gb ram and 1tbhdd, skullcandy audio for 50k as well (now when i look at it this owns the hp except the processor)

I have the i7 version with 650 GT. I did a PCmark benchmark and got score of 2572 (which is quite low). Why is this, can anyone explain

update (1 Oct 2012): This is may mistake as i was comparing PCMark7 scores with the older PCMark Vantage Scores. It seems the scores are OK.

Last edited:

saaransh9

Journeyman
I m goin to buy it in 2 days but have some doubts does the body heats up at high tempsrom below or near the touchpad n is there a fingerprint reader or facial recog softwareiwith it

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@nedstark: no it doesn't heat up in normal use. Will be between 45 & 55C.
@saaransh9: yeah when temp cross 70 you can feel heat near touchpad and while gaming touchpad gets heat up

pratyush997

Inactive
@pratyush997

Bro here is my burn test results.what u think now???
no problem with gpu,no problem with cpu.what the hell is wrong with my laptop?

*i.imgur.com/b1jVn.jpg
WTF is issue with ur lappy? BTW My i7 eats up 46W while testing and gets to 92C..Did u UD while testing?

sanj

Broken In
WTF is issue with ur lappy? BTW My i7 eats up 46W while testing and gets to 92C..Did u UD while testing?

no bro.i didnt ud while testing.i dnt knw wtf is wrong wid it.temps are just fine,gpu n cpu arent throttling.but lags when gaming.going to service centre tomorrow.

pratyush997

Inactive
Guyz Seems Like The Main Cause of Fps Drops may be Due to HDD i Just did a HDD Benchmark and found that it is so faqin Unstable
*i.imgur.com/0fhZf.png

After a long wait of 2 weeks I got my Hands on new Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN - Corei7 3610QM, 8GB DDR3 1600, Nvidia Geforce GT650M, and...... a 5400 rpm HDD :(Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024).....The system was not delivering the expected performance, so i did a benchmark of the HDD using HDtune and Hwinfo32. All parameters except the seek time is ok. HDtune reported seek time as 21.3 ms while Hwinfo32 reported it as 24.17 ms which is higher than a legacy IBM drive -> see pics below. Is there a problem with my hard drive ?? Should I go for a replacement ??
Does anyone out there has the same drive and can perform a benchmark for comparison ??

*imageshack.us/a/img145/1023/hdtunebenchmarkst1000lm.png

*imageshack.us/a/img341/4025/seektimehwinfo32.png

Top Bottom