The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

sunny5

Right off the assembly line
@ dan4u k....what is the high temp level (of core & GPU) which is acceptable...(i mean that does not cause damage to ur lappy)
Thanks

dan4u

Took Off!!!
the tjmax for the cpu is 105c, but it will underclock itself before it reaches that temp. I'm not sure about the gpu...

RON28

Cyborg Agent
played Mafia II on ULTRA settings at 900p.

*i50.tinypic.com/29mp3l1.jpg

Mafia II has really great graphics plus its an open world game.

sunny5

Sunny5 wrote
what is the high temp level (of core & GPU) which is acceptable...(i mean that does not cause damage to ur lappy)
Thanks

the tjmax for the cpu is 105c, but it will underclock itself before it reaches that temp. I'm not sure about the gpu...

pls someone make clarifications...

Last edited:

ajsta

I just got the np550 yesterday...
Theres a problem with the keyboard... the comma key get automatically repeated every once in a while and beeping sound occurs...
when i remap the comma key... another key is affected...

this started to happen after i updated the bios from in3 to in5...

anyone encountered this problem?

^^ the difference is 8k, not 10k, and the price difference is totally justified.......the dell 15r se i5 with 4gb ram costs 50,990, the same one with i7 and 8gb ram costs 59,990..and it does not include blu-ray, just changing the ram and procy increased the price by 9k. if you're not planing to use the blu-ray or do any intense video rendering, get the i5....

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
Everybody I've contacted said the dire is BluRay Writer. Is that true ?
If yes, it's really VFM.
... Thanks & Regards

Theodre

In the zone
Guy's someone tell me how to tackle my laptop problem??? It say's HDD Password FROZEN!! Will they replace the HDD??? How can i install the OS like the factory setting???? Am little bit tensed :| And i hope all this comes under warranty :-?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Just now I talked to service center guys about the battery backup. I said in 80%0charge its giving 3hrs backup without touching anything. If I will use it will give 2 1/2hr. This is what they said, "sir, 3hrs backup is normal for laptop". I am totally pissed off now. Now I think visiting service center will be waste of time. They will keep the laptop and will return it as it was before.

Last edited:
Hi,
Your job is highly appreciated!
I was just worrying about the native HDD speed of 5400rpm on it.
After knowing the greatness of SSD and your post, one of my important queries is answered.
May I know the price of SSD you bought ?

The only doubt left is can it write BluRay discs ? Everybody said Yes ( including Samsung and Flipkart.com) except you in previous reply.
Still I want to confirm from the owners of NP550p5c-s02in with Ci7.

Thanks & Regards

KIND ATTENTION THE OWNERS OF NP550PC5-S02IN

Hi,
1. Can any owner of NP550PC5-S02IN with Ci7 and BD Drive confirm that it can write BD.
2. Can the resolution be full HD (1920x1080p) if we use full HD external monitor or TV ?

... Thanks & Regards

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Just now I talked to service center guys about the battery backup. I said in 80%0charge its giving 3hrs backup without touching anything. If I will use it will give 2 1/2hr. This is what they said, "sir, 3hrs backup is normal for laptop". I am totally pissed me nw. Now I think visiting service center will be waste of time. They will keep the laptop and will return it as it was before.
bro I feel 3hrs for 80% is nothing to worry about, how much are you getting with 100% charge?
Hi,
Your job is highly appreciated!
I was just worrying about the native HDD speed of 5400rpm on it.
After knowing the greatness of SSD and your post, one of my important queries is answered.

The only doubt left is can it write BluRay discs ? Everybody said Yes ( including Samsung and Flipkart.com) except you in previous reply.
Still I want to confirm from the owners of NP550p5c-s02in with Ci7.

Thanks & Regards

1.Its a bluray reader, it cannot write bluray
2.yes, it can display the resolution of your hd tv.
and could you edit your post and remove the pics you quoted??

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@highperformance: dude dont quote so many pics.
@pratyush and @ujjwal: answer him guys, is it BR writer?

@dan4u: 3 hrs without touching bro. And my clg timing is 8am to 3 or 4pm where continuously it will be in use. It won't give even 2 and 1/2hr and now 3% wear level too.

And thanks for answering him and saying about quoted pics

And thanks for answering him and saying about quoted pics

zenom-z

Broken In
@da4u ... i connected to my hdtv... when i keep full hd resolution....in windows(browsing,movie,etc).. the screens are not properly fit ie they extend out ! But when i play a game (ie Using nvdia- full HD resolution) the screen propely fits in tv.... So how can i use the Nvdia for windows by default also> for browsing/watching movies/etc ...i cant seem to add vlc/gom player in Nvdia settings :/

bdw.. temps are around 95 :chinscratch: without limiting cpu.... for mw 3.

Broken In
pls anybody

Tj max is 105 C(For i5 3210M & i7-3610QM). It means that ur lap will turn off on its own when ur cpu reaches that temp.... thereby preventing damage.

O.E.Ms configure their B.I.O.S in such a way that this temp(tj max) is not reached. So they under clock ur Cpu/Gpu as they near their Tj maxs. that is when throttling occurs.

I think high temp level acceptable is the Tj max.

Last edited:

sunny5

.. no one knows whats the safe exact limit.... just post around here, what temp u are getting in what apps/games.. and what settings..... someone could help... give more information..
Thanks bro

Tj max is 105 C(For i5 3210M). It means that ur lap will turn off on its own when ur cpu reaches that temp.... thereby preventing damage.

O.E.Ms configure their B.I.O.S in such a way that this temp(tj max) is not reached. So they under clock ur Cpu/Gpu as they near their Tj maxs. that is when throttling occurs.

I think high temp level acceptable is the Tj max.
Thanks bro

so..which temps to watch in cpuid HW monitor (for core and GPU)

aleemuddin

The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread query

Hi guys i've been reading this thread and read all of it...
now i am also planning to buy this laptop :D... anyway my question is can i plug the laptop into my 3DTV and play HD games/movies and if possible 3D games?:lol:

Top Bottom