The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
so many issues w/ da lappy?...n with so many owners....quality assurance guy should be jailed....

Guys,. @pratyush997 .. @dan4u

How long does it take to get the laptop replaced ? Is it immediate ?

Any pointers
These days They Ain't in mood to give replacement....REFUND is toooo far... They will just repair or replace a defective part from lappy..Seems like its all due to that PATENT ISSUE....>>
Apple faq u !
<<

guys...can someone clearly state the optimum/normal gaming temps of core and gpu...pls
While Gaming it shouldn't cross 94C..90C for CPu and 85-89C for GPU n normal temps should be around 45-52C

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
Everybody I've contacted said the dire is BluRay Writer. Is that true ?
If yes, it's really VFM.
... Thanks & Regards
Its BD-ROM so it can read BD discs but can't write it!

Just now I talked to service center guys about the battery backup. I said in 80%0charge its giving 3hrs backup without touching anything. If I will use it will give 2 1/2hr. This is what they said, "sir, 3hrs backup is normal for laptop". I am totally pissed off now. Now I think visiting service center will be waste of time. They will keep the laptop and will return it as it was before.
Patent issue affected CC nature amazingly!!

Bought and posted a review hehe!!!!:razz:
LinkzzZ? :p

@da4u ... i connected to my hdtv... when i keep full hd resolution....in windows(browsing,movie,etc).. the screens are not properly fit ie they extend out ! But when i play a game (ie Using nvdia- full HD resolution) the screen propely fits in tv.... So how can i use the Nvdia for windows by default also> for browsing/watching movies/etc ...i cant seem to add vlc/gom player in Nvdia settings :/

bdw.. temps are around 95 :chinscratch: without limiting cpu.... for mw 3.
Right Click on desktop>nVidia CTRL Panel>>Manage 3d Settings>>and select High performance nvidia processor as default

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread query

Hi guys i've been reading this thread and read all of it...
now i am also planning to buy this laptop :D... anyway my question is can i plug the laptop into my 3DTV and play HD games/movies and if possible 3D games?:lol:

yes you can, connect it to your hdtv via an hdmi cable, but to view 3D games you require a software called "3D TV Play" from nvidia, it costs $40, there is a 14 day trial version you can get here

pratyush997

Inactive

yes you can, connect it to your hdtv via an hdmi cable, but to view 3D games you require a software called "3D TV Play" from nvidia, it costs $40, there is a 14 day trial version you can get here
GT 650 might screwed when playing on FHD n that too 3d!!!ain't it?

sj2202

Broken In

well I tried max payne for 1hr 30mins temps were cpu 95c gpu 87c, fps was 42-55, no throttling, even though the temps were not critical I wanted to lower it, so I set cpu max 95% and underclocked gpu by 100mhz to make it 850mhz from 950mhz. played max payne for 1hr 30min, max cpu 87c gpu 82c fps was 42-55, no throttling........

Sorry if I am mistaken,but as I checked notebookcheck(NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M - Notebookcheck.net Tech),I found that the maximum clock of the GT650M with DDR3 is 850 Mhz.
So why was your card overclocked to 950 Mhz in the first place? :-?

EDIT:-On the nvidia site it says processor clock upto 900Mhz
*www.nvidia.in/object/geforce-gt-650m-in.html#pdpContent=2

pratyush997

Inactive

Sorry if I am mistaken,but as I checked notebookcheck(NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M - Notebookcheck.net Tech),I found that the maximum clock of the GT650M with DDR3 is 850 Mhz.

GeForce GT 650M Graphics Card with Optimus technology | NVIDIA
BRO! latest drivers changed Clock rates... :wink:

dan4u

Took Off!!!

GT 650 might screwed when playing on FHD n that too 3d!!!ain't it?

reduce the game settings, then it can support FHD.

GeForce GT 650M Graphics Card with Optimus technology | NVIDIA

The default clock is 835Mhz and it boost's to 950Mhz, so every time you play a game it stays at 950mhz. even I saw notebookcheck and I saw that 850Mhz or 735Mhz was the default clock. but many manufacturers boost the card to 950mhz . I underclocked the default clock by 100mhz, so the default clock is 735mhz now and it boosts to 850Mhz. so every time a game is played it stays at 850mhz, I didn't notice any fps difference in 850Mhz from 950Mhz. but the temps are much better.

see the picture below

*i45.tinypic.com/148qasx.gif

sj2202

Broken In
^^Aah...so I WAS mistaken... :lol:

Hey....another query... :wink:
According to this,
*www.samsung.com/in/support/warranty/warrantyInformation.do
Samsung will only offer the warranty if the laptop is bought from AUTHORISED samsung dealer.
So who according to you people is an authorised dealer??
Those who are listed on the website(*www.samsung.com/in/function/dealer/dealerLocator.do#)?...
only those?? :-?

aleemuddin

Right off the assembly line

k thanks a lot for the info :)

zenom-z

Broken In
i did play, finished the game, just 3 days :D before the bios update, before 2 weeks, i played... no throttling and also temps, not high and all... never checked fps :/

pratyush997

Inactive
Guyz is the game "Sleeping Dogs" worth 1k? Is vehicle Physics better than Gta IV?
Is the language more abusive in sleeping dogs ..than gta IV :p

dan4u

Took Off!!!
also guys the GeForce 306.02 beta driver seems to improve fps in certain games, but Saints Row 3 fails to launch:-x, so will be going back to 296.87 for now, will wait for WHQL certified or proper driver's....

Guyz is the game "Sleeping Dogs" worth 1k? Is vehicle Physics better than Gta IV?
Is the language more abusive in sleeping dogs ..than gta IV :p

even I'm considering buying it, but i don't think the vehicle physics is as good as gta iv, its arcade-like the reviews say, but the combat style is just kickass, beats gta anyday. rider got the game n finished it, he can give a better insight...

demolisher48

Journeyman
also guys the GeForce 306.02 beta driver seems to improve fps in certain games, but Saints Row 3 fails to launch:-x, so will be going back to 296.87 for now, will wait for WHQL certified or proper driver's....

even I'm considering buying it, but i don't think the vehicle physics is as good as gta iv, its arcade-like the reviews say, but the combat style is just kickass, beats gta anyday. rider got the game n finished it, he can give a better insight...

how much fps do u get in saints rw3

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ not sure about language, but it must have foul language to an extent, is that a problem for you??

and also guys I just found out one thing, when playing games enable Turbo Mode( fn + f11), this controls your fan speed, when you set to turbo mode, the battery changes to High performance, you can set to samsung optimized after setting turbo mode....

how much fps do u get in saints rw3

with 296.87 drivers I get fps in the range 35-50.....but with beta drivers the game gets stuck during launch.......

Last edited:

saketkath

hey guys m planing to purchase this laptop(i5 version) can anybody tell me whether i shuld go for this or not and can i play gta 4(on high settings) on it
n the price here(Ahmadabad) is 52k

saketkath

planing to buy this lappy(i5 ver) should i go fr this ?
can it run gta 4 on (high settings)
here in Ahmadabad it costs 52k