The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

RON28

Cyborg Agent
don't go to CC if you need refund, if possible get in contact with senior most manager, because i guess CC don't even know the full form of FPS.

potheadninja

Broken In
I underclocked it to see if I could get the temps down, and it works. so I'm sure future bios & driver updates will make a lot of difference....and remember not even a single official driver has come out yet for the 650m, only beta one's are there . and if you didn't notice i said I got 13930 in 3dmark06 after underclocking.....which is still amazing.....I got the temps down without effecting the performance.......and for a fact any laptop out there will get 80c+ when playing demanding games......and I didn't buy this looking just at the graphic card, its got a lot more pluses than the 14r se

btw when you returning your's??

Not all laptops reach 80+, witcher 2 is a highly demanding game and even after playing it for hours my gpu temp has not crossed 70 mark.

pratyush997

Inactive
sorry, I meant the cpu temps, and yea the 7730 runs cooler than the 650m.....laptops with the 650m runs hotter...

dude just tell the cc you want a refund, tell them the system "hangs" or sumthin...
that noob told me that if any normal app such as word or excel failed to run than only I can get refund......that guy is seriously greatest :noob: ever

RON28

Cyborg Agent
that noob told me that if any normal app such as word or excel failed to run than only I can get refund......that guy is seriously greatest :noob: ever

word or excel? tel him if i had to do work in word and excel, why would i have bought a laptop with GT 650M with JBL speakers and quad core I7 processor, seriously, that guy should work as bsnl office employee. only then we can expect answers like this.

rgsilent

Broken In
Is anyone elses trackpad slightly unresponsive? My cursor sometimes doesn't move only and I have to life my finger up and then do it all over again. Which sucks. Is there some sensitivity setting I can access?

sj2202

Broken In
WTF? Lenovo y580 w/ gt 630 LINK @ 65k faq!
![/QUOTE]
Relax buddy....It's the Z580 :)

Hello everyone....It's nice to see so many owners... :)
I had decided to buy sammy a month ago but this is my first laptop so I just couldn't go with my decision considering the overheating and throttling issue.
I decided to wait and in the mean time I kept following this thread.
But I couldn't wait longer and since currently there isn't any better option,so I again made up my mind to buy it.
But yesterday I came to know that one of my very good friends is currently in US and will be returning by october.
Now I am confused again.
Should I order the Y580(or inspiron 17rSE) from the US?If yes,then what about the warranty and stuff?
Or should I go with sammy?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
order Y580 if it has international warranty, no don't go for 17R SE if the price bracket is considerably minimum.

sj2202

Broken In
order Y580 if it has international warranty, no don't go for 17R SE if the price bracket is considerably minimum.

Thanks...I'll try to find out about international warranty.

EDIT:-According to this post,it's not available in India.....What to do now??..

*support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-service/iws.page?

ujjwal007

Lost in games

I had decided to buy sammy a month ago but this is my first laptop so I just couldn't go with my decision considering the overheating and throttling issue.
But I couldn't wait longer and since currently there isn't any better option,so I again made up my mind to buy it.
But yesterday I came to know that one of my very good friends is currently in US and will be returning by october.
Now I am confused again.
Should I order the Y580(or inspiron 17rSE) from the US?If yes,then what about the warranty and stuff?
Or should I go with sammy?[/QUOTE]

bro.... if you can get Y580 that would be great otherwise this is second option dont consider 17r se its bulky , heavy , short battery life less then 2 hours no good display no good sound....just no VFM in anycase!! dont think further just buy this sammy!!! throttling never happened with me! and just temps screwed in gta 4 which can be fixed in new drivers update i believe!! buy fast the 1+year warranty is till 31st august only!

rider

as Kratos

Now I am confused again.
Or should I go with sammy?

Get dell inspiron it comes with international warranty if you opt, one member in our forum transferred his warranty from dell US to dell india.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
if its not available in india, then forget it because if by chance you face any problems, you have to send your laptop to US which is very inconvenient, i would suggest you to go for sammy then.

sj2202

Broken In
Get dell inspiron it comes with international warranty if you opt, one member in our forum transferred his warranty from dell US to dell india.

Ok,I did a little research on that earlier but I found out that Accidental Damage Protection is not transferable via International warranty(According to the dell US CC).
So is it still a recommended purchase?

if its not available in india, then forget it because if by chance you face any problems, you have to send your laptop to US which is very inconvenient, i would suggest you to go for sammy then.

Hmmmm....Ya...I had a feeling I would have to buy sammy only.. :)

pratyush997

Inactive

Now I am confused again.
Or should I go with sammy?[/QUOTE]
get Sammy or Inspiron then cuz as members said lenovo ain't providing warraty in INDIA!! so!

Top Bottom