The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

daksh

Journeyman
Last night I watched a two hour long movie with around 80% Brightness on powersaver with wifi on and by the end I had 40% Battery remaining!

RON28

Cyborg Agent
swapnil i think when surfing from phone modem, your battery gets drained, may be your phone is getting charged while using it.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
look at the video, this guy is playing battlefield 3 on ultra settings with I3 processor, though GPU is better than ours.

proccesor doesn't matter at all, i3 can play all latest games at ultra settings provided GPU is powerful enough. and setting I5 or I7 to 70% is more than enough for gaming.

:facepalm: bro, if a processor can handle GTA iv(which is cpu intensive) I don't see why it can't handle a rts game, at least in low-medium settings.

n yea the screen seems foggy at first, but that's coz of the anti-glare.
ofc i3 can game but sorry, i thought you said proccesor doesn't matter at all. I asked if you play any rts just to make sure whether you know that there are exceptions to your gpu>cpu rule and i'm not surprised by your reply. But yes most of the games rely on gpu more than cpu. anyways my apologies, you can be easy with the facepalms though, it isn't a good emot. in conversations.
btw any performance diff. with new drivers?

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
swapnil i think when surfing from phone modem, your battery gets drained, may be your phone is getting charged while using it.

Yeah I know it get charge from USB. But what about when I did nothing except opening a PDF file. And 53% brightness.
@pratyush: thanks bro I will download that software.
See that guy can see full movie with 50% discharge.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Yeah I know it get charge from USB. But what about when I did nothing except opening a PDF file. And 53% brightness.
Iam on battery now at 75% and windows is showing 3 hours remaining. brightness has been set to ULTRA low, as im just surfing and downloading. try to calibrate battery from BIOS.

pratyush997

Inactive
Just charged battery to full 100%..
on 20% brightness and wifi+BT on...5 hr. 30 mins Straight ... :shock:

Conan

Broken In
Just took delivery of the S02IN model. Haven't even booted it up yet.:-D
The lid cover finish is gorgeous...It actually looks like perforated metal:p

sakii

\m/ \m/
Is it strange tht few days back I told u awl tht HW monitor is showing 3% battery wear level...which aftr setting max charge to 80% reduced back to 0% now once again it is showing back to me as 3% don't know why. Also as mentioned by one of our TDF member...me too getting battery bckup of 2.5 hrs on 80% charge but most opf the tym my display brightness is near to 70-80% and while charging to 100%.

As advised to me I doo tried to do battery calibration through BIOS but had no clue as wht to do in it...shuld we wait for complete battery drain there as it shows how much battery left and gets laptop discharge.

It will be gud if sm one can detail out the Battery calibration frm BIOS here. It will help a lot to evryone

Also I would lyk to take a opportunity to ask our TDF member guys - why not we strt giving each othr quick tips, tricks, tweaks, knowledge bytes supported with relevant images, WALKTHROUGHS etc etc here so tht we awl cn learn abt new things on regular even before nyone ask fr any problem. kindly correct me if I am violating any rules :)

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Guys I reduced the clockrate of the gpu by 100mhz using MSI afterburner, I played GTA iv for 2hrs 30mins, there was no drop in fps/performance of the game. BUT the temps reduced, gpu temp 84c and cpu 87c :)

*i47.tinypic.com/67v321.gif

*i50.tinypic.com/23lxhlj.gif

*i45.tinypic.com/opstz.jpg

pratyush997

Inactive
HI BRo,
Whats the point of underclocking/under powering a Machine to game??
that costs a ton of money 58k.....u r underclocking everything to get stable performance in gaming .........Which is simply NOT VFM........n not getting what paying for...
Dell owners are overclocking their GPU n u r Underclocking it......lol.......there temps are under controlled when OC'ed n ours ain't..
Hope u got my point!

dan4u

Took Off!!!
HI BRo,
that costs a ton of money 58k.....u r underclocking everything to get stable performance in gaming .........Which is simply NOT VFM........n not getting what paying for...
Dell owners are overclocking their GPU n u r Underclocking it......lol.......there temps are under controlled when OC'ed n ours ain't..
Hope u got my point!
I understand what you're trying to say, but this is still VFM, Like I mentioned earlier the throttling/heat is not a design problem, a bios update is bound to fix it. and the underclocked 650m still kicks 7730m's A**, I did a 3dmark06 benchmark n got 13930.....n there's no difference in fps in any game, so basically there's nothin to loose...

avj

Broken In
HI BRo,
Hope u got my point!
i'm sure even when underclocked this gpu is still better than 7730m

pratyush997

Inactive
^^Y do we need to underclock it dude... WHY??.......So there is either some faqin BIOS Fault or cooling sux in this thing!....actually.when u can get 100 ...y to opt 70.! Thats my faqin point..
underpowering CPU underclocking GPU!........... WHY?....I think 14r SE w/ gt 640 can do better.... OC'ed GT 640 can beat underclocked gt 650....ain't it?

Top Bottom