The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

sj2202

Broken In
bro.... if you can get Y580 that would be great otherwise this is second option dont consider 17r se its bulky , heavy , short battery life less then 2 hours no good display no good sound....just no VFM in anycase!! dont think further just buy this sammy!!! throttling never happened with me! and just temps screwed in gta 4 which can be fixed in new drivers update i believe!! buy fast the 1+year warranty is till 31st august only!

get Sammy or Inspiron then cuz as members said lenovo ain't providing warraty in INDIA!! so!

Ya...I guess you people are right.
Will go with sammy then....thanks for the input.. :)

Last edited:

Conan

Broken In
Don't know how much it matters, but, here is a screenshot of my Windows Experience Index score anyway.

WEI.jpg

BTW...how do I post an image directly. So that it appears as an image, not as a link to one?

rider

as Kratos
Ok,I did a little research on that earlier but I found out that Accidental Damage Protection is not transferable via International warranty(According to the dell US CC).
So is it still a recommended purchase?

Its okay to not have accidental cover if there are no kids in you home and you take care of laptop from falling. But still it has better after sales service and no heating, performance issues like samsung.
If you are interested in 15.6" laptop with GT 650M 2GB DDR5 better to buy new hp dv6 from US, its better than samsung in terms of performance as it has DDR5 memory unlike samsung's DDR3.

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Hi Guys!!

I was very keen on buying this laptop before going though this thread.
Could anyone please tell me if I should go for this laptop or not.
I will be using this laptop for more than 2-3 years.
So, I want to know if this laptop is reliable on the long run?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

daksh

Journeyman
Its okay to not have accidental cover if there are no kids in you home and you take care of laptop from falling. But still it has better after sales service and no heating, performance issues like samsung.
If you are interested in 15.6" laptop with GT 650M 2GB DDR5 better to buy new hp dv6 from US, its better than samsung in terms of performance as it has DDR5 memory unlike samsung's DDR3.

Just BTW, DV6 with gt 650m heats upto 100 for CPU and 90 for gpu too. Its not just a problem with Samsung.

Yes I did. :-D SanDisk Extreme 120 GB.

I am panning to post a pictorial guide on replacing the laptop hdd with an ssd, to help forum members who want to do the same.

Please do that :)

jajbir

Broken In
can anybody plz tell me what are the cpu temps while normal use like surfing net ...........and what s/w to use to know fps while playing games !!

ujjwal007

Lost in games
can anybody plz tell me what are the cpu temps while normal use like surfing net ...........and what s/w to use to know fps while playing games !!

its around 45-55 when keeping on bed! right i m on bed its 52 and just type fraps on google

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
@Ujjwal: I am also planning to go for the Samsung Np550. But after reading many threads regarding the problems, I am confused. Could you kindly guide me in the right direction.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
NO... I have installed that 190 mb drivers for gt 650m i guess thats it!! i have not seen any diff. in fps ! temps are even same too gta4 reaches 90 just that nthg else all games are super cool for me! and no throttling too bully, virtual tennis 4, burnout paradise and etc!! temps never reached more then 75 in those i guess@!!

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Don't know how much it matters, but, here is a screenshot of my Windows Experience Index score anyway.

View attachment 6582

BTW...how do I post an image directly. So that it appears as an image, not as a link to one?
go to TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting and upload the image and the post the forum code here to direct appear the image.

ankan

Broken In
I finally decided to buy this laptop. Thanks for such a long and informative thread (took me 3-4 days to go through almost 100 pages!). I am concerned about the overheating issue but from the thread it seems most owners are ok with it except Pratyush (who probably got a defective piece?)

I am a bit confused whether to get the i5 version or the i7 version.

I know the CPU doesn't make much difference in games (except for a few odd ones like GTA4) and even the i5 3210M is a very powerful CPU - almost as fast as Core 2 quad Q9650 3.0Ghz that I still use on my old desktop.

Reading more reviews/benchmarks it looks like the core i7 3610QM is absolute beast - sometimes even faster than the previous generation's fastest desktop processor (2600k). Source: notebookcheck benchmarks.

I contacted the vendor and he had the only i7 version version available. I asked him to get the i5 version, he said he will get it in 3-4 days and now he says the i7 version is also sold out and it will take 4-5 more days to get new stock :-(

avj

Broken In
NO... I have installed that 190 mb drivers for gt 650m i guess thats it!! i have not seen any diff. in fps ! temps are even same too gta4 reaches 90 just that nthg else all games are super cool for me! and no throttling too bully, virtual tennis 4, burnout paradise and etc!! temps never reached more then 75 in those i guess@!!
that is bcoz those games use hd graphics

Top Bottom