The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

rider

as Kratos
i have done this already, today or tommorow he has to learn it, i didn't faced any problem while formatting for first time, and UI of installing windows 7 is quite user friendly with simple language, it doesn't need any rocket science.

I know man about installing and all i have done like hundred times in desktops :) but what about windows 7 serial key access you simply put the keys or you called microsoft customer care and get some access from there? or simply put the serial key written in the bottom and everything works fine?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
I know man about installing and all i have done like hundred times in desktops :) but what about windows 7 serial key access you simply put the keys or you called microsoft customer care and get some access from there? or simply put the serial key written in the bottom and everything works fine?

i think you are confused between product key and product id, if he got some problems while installing windows and then some error pop up like "product key invalid" , then he has to call and activate his windows copy, i remember i did this in windows vista.

dan4u

Took Off!!!

Just simply type the in the windows serial key it'll work fine. when I got my hp dv6 back in 2009, there was a vista -> w7 upgrade offer (like w7 -> w8 right now), call it fate my dv6 got stolen in 2011:-x, then after a month the cops caught the gang but couldn't retrieve my dv6:-(, instead they had an unclaimed dv4, which they gave to me. I used the same w7 disc & key used in my dv6 to format the dv4 and it worked fine.

rgsilent

Broken In
if you lost your windows 7 dvd disc, doesn't matter...download windows 7 home premium from microsft and the enter the product key (look for a sticker under your laptop ). and NEVER EVER format 22GB partiton, that contains all the drivers.

That's what..it didn't come with any disc. Can I get the home premium link I can download the OS from?

rider

as Kratos
i think you are confused between product key and product id, if he got some problems while installing windows and then some error pop up like "product key invalid" , then he has to call and activate his windows copy, i remember i did this in windows vista.

yea yea! but why you are not telling me what I'm asking, tell me the procedure in steps, how to do it simply without any call to activate? should I just put the serial key written in the bottom and install windows?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
yea yea! but why you are not telling me what I'm asking, tell me the procedure in steps, how to do it simply without any call to activate? should I just put the serial key written in the bottom and install windows?

simply put the serial provided under the lappy and install.

That's what..it didn't come with any disc. Can I get the home premium link I can download the OS from?
download windows 7 home premium x64 from here. why didn't you got windows 7 copy?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Download from here, i think this will work fine. LINK

Thanks. But That site says it's beta version.
And yesterday it took whole night to download that from Samsung website but after downloading it says "Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created."
Anybody help?

rgsilent

Broken In
simply put the serial provided under the lappy and install.

download windows 7 home premium x64 from here. why didn't you got windows 7 copy?

I got a recovery disk. I specifically asked the dealer for a disk and he said any reinstallation/recovery can be made from a recovery disk. Samsung doesn't provide a retail OS disk. (Which I thought was the case for most laptops).

EDIT: The disk I have says:

SYSTEM RECOVERY MEDIA
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
For Distribution Only with a New Samsung PC

Is this the disk all of you are talking about? I thought if used this, all the crapware will be installed again.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Today I checked the battery backup. I opened two folders and one .pdf file, nothing minimized, with 80% charge it gave a 3hrs backup. The brightness during this period was 53%. Now I want to ask you guys, shall I get replacement?

PS: I did nothing except few page ups and downs.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
I got a recovery disk. I specifically asked the dealer for a disk and he said any reinstallation/recovery can be made from a recovery disk. Samsung doesn't provide a retail OS disk. (Which I thought was the case for most laptops).

EDIT: The disk I have says:

SYSTEM RECOVERY MEDIA
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
For Distribution Only with a New Samsung PC

Is this the disk all of you are talking about? I thought if used this, all the crapware will be installed again.

now i got wht u want to say...don't know...but iguess that dvd doesn't have bloatwares.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Today I checked the battery backup. I opened two folders and one .pdf file, nothing minimized, with 80% charge it gave a 3hrs backup. The brightness during this period was 53%. Now I want to ask you guys, shall I get replacement?

PS: I did nothing except few page ups and downs.

replacement?? because you got 3hrs backup by discharging from 80%,:lol:...I don't think so......charge it to 100%, set brightness to 10-30%, you should get 4-5 hrs on wifi...

Which DVD did you get and did you install the OS again with it?

That dvd contains Only Windows 7, no samsung bloatwares or any drivers. Just plain Windows 7 HP. and I personally fell there aren't many bloatwares installed compared to dell or hp.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@dan4u: bro I don't know. And I won't use 100%, using battery life extender. ujjwal also using 80% charge but he is easily getting 3+ hrs but I am hardly getting 3 hrs without even using, what will happen during college days? How about your backup, how much it is? And whoever using 80% charge thing, how much backup you guys are getting?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I haven't tried it from 80%, but from 100% I get 4hrs 30 mins minimum with wifi and a little video playback.

Edit:- the screen brightness is 20-30%

ujjwal007

Lost in games
@dan4u: bro I don't know. And I won't use 100%, using battery life extender. ujjwal also using 80% charge but he is easily getting 3+ hrs but I am hardly getting 3 hrs without even using, what will happen during college days? How about your backup, how much it is? And whoever using 80% charge thing, how much backup you guys are getting?

bro i m easily getting 3+ hours but my brightness is 30 % only b/w i play movie/songs in background and surf wifi, bluetooth both ON.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Is it possible that in Power Saving Mode GT650 is working?

Is it possible that in Power Saving Mode GT650 is working?

bro i m easily getting 3+ hours but my brightness is 30 % only b/w i play movie/songs in background and surf wifi, bluetooth both ON.

See everyone getting. I connect my mobile via Data Cable and use internet, then it gives only two and half hour of backup.
EDIT:And i checked this with 35% brightness.

pratyush997

Inactive
First Close unnecessary Process or install battery care and set it to power saver... it will close all "crappy processes" ...with 100% I get 6+ ...

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@pratyush: I have no idea which one is unnecessary. In my desktop with XP I allowed only 21 services to run but now in Win7 there are 99 processes and I don't know which one to close.

Last edited:
Top Bottom