The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
wtf? i have been using this from 3 weeks..i found this on driver genius site....

wtf? i have been using this from 3 weeks..i found this on driver genius site....

dan4u

Took Off!!!
i'm not sure if you read my post clearly. I asked if bios can solve the issue without limiting either gpu or cpu.
and regarding your statement "cpu doesnt matter in gaming" please don't tell your research source is youtube. What's your favorite rts game?

BIOS update should clock down the cpu while maintaining a constant gpu clock, if you read that review from anandtech, it says Dell xps 15 had throttling issues and dell gave it a BIOS update, but clocked down the gpu and maintained a constant cpu clock.

and no my research source is not youtube, its a mix of personal experience and hanging around in different forums, If you read my post I said I had a hp dv6 1154tx, it had a Core 2 duo P8600 Processor, and I could play gta iv, crysis, mw3 etc on it in medium-high settings, any 2nd gen i3 processor is better than the P8600. and I never said "cpu doesn't matter in gaming" I said "processors don't matter a lot for games" , I'm saying i3 processors can easily handle latest games. If one's an enthusiast and want the best results in benchmarks, video rendering, game in max settings get i7 or i5, else if you just want to game in medium-high settings with decent fps, i3 is more than sufficient .

I'm not much of an rts player, the one's I play are, red alert series n age of empires ...more of a fps n tps player......

RON28

Cyborg Agent
played Skyrim in ULTRA settings and got 20-35 fps outdoor and 50-100 fps indoor

*i50.tinypic.com/300h2zn.jpg

new driver gave me 7 fps boost in ultra settings, now its playable :razz:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
i installed the driver. the 190mb one and it says its version 296.87 where as the beta was 304.79. are we like installing the older version or something? but then the update shouldnt happen right? it would say i already have a newer version. anyone has any idea?

304.79 is a beta version, 296.87 is a stable version, I recommend you stay with the stable version. certain games doesn't seem to work with the beta ver...

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@rider: thanks for website. It says [h=1]GeForce 305.68 WHQL Win 7 64-bit [/h]Shall I download this?

And its 220MB

cremator

Broken In
Why arent you guys just downloading straight from the software center ? why all this trouble of wondering if you have the right driver or not from the webpage?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
hey don't download it, softpedia has mentioned its for GT 630M...

nah I think softpedia made a typo, this driver is meant for any card in the GT 600 series, and in case a driver is not compatible nvidia won't continue the installation ...

TheSloth

The Slowest One
*i.imgur.com/3g9BG.png
from Samsung site,link provided by dan4u.
And In Easy Software Manager it showing a alert for nVidia driver but has 215 MB. I tried 3 times already but after 1% or 2% it fail to do update.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
@dan4u sorry bro, you should really be a rts player to know the importance of good cpu. be it.

my friend had bought the 550p with i7 yesterday.we have done a night out playing with the machine. here's my short review.

like others said, speakers are cool. screen appeared dull at the first glance but we became comfortable soon.

we couldn't try big games due to lack of time and disks. we tried frozensynapse and youtube encoding was swift. also tried source film maker and everything was smooth. the hd+ res made the handling of sfm easy compared to hd screen. but we are little disappointed with colours. will test the colour reproduction again this weekend.

Top Bottom