The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can anyone of u tell me how much does the i5 version differ from the i7 version in case of gaming??
I dunno which i5 and which i7 you are talking about.

If it's i7-3520M and i5-3360M - both having 2 cores and 4 threads, the difference between them is only 100 Mhz. This won't matter one bit for GPU intensive games. Most games fall into this category.

We do have games like GTA IV (unoptimised console ports) which love more cores and higher frequency - CPU intensive. i7-3610QM (4 coures and 8 threads) will help out here.

Even if you pick up i3-3110M (2 cores and 4 threads, no turbo) - you will see negligible/zero difference in gaming as most games are GPU intensive apart from exception. Discrete GPU dictates the performance primarily.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
@dan4u sorry bro, you should really be a rts player to know the importance of good cpu. be it.

my friend had bought the 550p with i7 yesterday.we have done a night out playing with the machine. here's my short review.

like others said, speakers are cool. screen appeared dull at the first glance but we became comfortable soon.

we couldn't try big games due to lack of time and disks. we tried frozensynapse and youtube encoding was swift. also tried source film maker and everything was smooth. the hd+ res made the handling of sfm easy compared to hd screen. but we are little disappointed with colours. will test the colour reproduction again this weekend.

:facepalm: bro, if a processor can handle GTA iv(which is cpu intensive) I don't see why it can't handle a rts game, at least in low-medium settings.

n yea the screen seems foggy at first, but that's coz of the anti-glare.

avj

Broken In
*i.imgur.com/3g9BG.png
from Samsung site,link provided by dan4u.
And In Easy Software Manager it showing a alert for nVidia driver but has 215 MB. I tried 3 times already but after 1% or 2% it fail to do update.
even i had the same problem just keep trying u'll b able to download it

*i.imgur.com/3g9BG.png
from Samsung site,link provided by dan4u.
And In Easy Software Manager it showing a alert for nVidia driver but has 215 MB. I tried 3 times already but after 1% or 2% it fail to do update.
even i had the same problem just keep trying u'll b able to download it

rgsilent

Broken In
So I bought the i7 version today. Haven't done any really testing as such. Just browsing and stuff. Trackpad seems a little unresponsive (or is it just me being new to it?) compared to other laptops I occasionally use. Have updated the bios and removed some crapware. What else should I be doing in terms of updating and stuff?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
So I bought the i7 version today. Haven't done any really testing as such. Just browsing and stuff. Trackpad seems a little unresponsive (or is it just me being new to it?) compared to other laptops I occasionally use. Have updated the bios and removed some crapware. What else should I be doing in terms of updating and stuff?
format it ;)

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In

A clean windows 7 install is a must.

daksh

Journeyman
Got my sleeping dogs delivered today and oh boy its friggin amazing.
One hour of continuous gameplay.
FPS -45-55
CPU Max - 94
GPU Max - 90
Avgs about 2-3 degs less in each.

No throttling whatsoever.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Got my sleeping dogs delivered today and oh boy its friggin amazing.
One hour of continuous gameplay.
FPS -45-55
CPU Max - 94
GPU Max - 90
Avgs about 2-3 degs less in each.

No throttling whatsoever.
Nice, did you get it from flipkart???

I played gta iv, for nearly 3hrs 20 mins

2012-08-20 04:54:49 - GTAIV
Frames: 465 - Time: 16349ms - Avg: 28.442 - Min: 29 - Max: 54
CPU max- 91c
GPU max- 86c

No Throttling

daksh

Journeyman

CPU max- 91c
GPU max- 86c

No Throttling

Nope, nextworld.in .

pratyush997

Inactive

CPU max- 91c
GPU max- 86c

No Throttling
Well Now I get 35 FPS Avg. MAX Temps
cpu-101C
GPU-91C
NO THTOTTLING Throttle Stop rox...

in GTA IV

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Well Now I get 35 FPS Avg. MAX Temps
cpu-101C
GPU-91C
NO THTOTTLING Throttle Stop rox...

in GTA IV
Nice, still using max cpu 100%??

I have to format it using a new win-win DVD or the recovery disk allows you to do that without the crapware.

If I can't with my recovery disk, does it mean I lose genuine windows forever (don't have a retail disk of win7)?

I'm new to this whole laptop stuff.
the recovery disc is the windows 7 disc, you can use that to format your lap any no of times. and when formatting don't delete a 22gb partition, this contains all the driver's ....

Nope, nextworld.in .
seems to be out of stock in nextworld, and flipkart states 6-7 days delivery time:|...will have to wait

RON28

Cyborg Agent
I have to format it using a new win-win DVD or the recovery disk allows you to do that without the crapware.

If I can't with my recovery disk, does it mean I lose genuine windows forever (don't have a retail disk of win7)?

I'm new to this whole laptop stuff.

if you lost your windows 7 dvd disc, doesn't matter...download windows 7 home premium from microsft and the enter the product key (look for a sticker under your laptop ). and NEVER EVER format 22GB partiton, that contains all the drivers.

rider

as Kratos
A clean windows 7 install is a must.

why you suggesting someone to reinstall windows? Don't he will face issue regrading to serial key access and all.
By removing all bloatwares and unnecessary application is good enogh for better performance as the computer is of 8GB RAM it is can do multi-tasking smoothly, formatting a drive always get some bad effect to HDD

if you lost your windows 7 dvd disc, doesn't matter...download windows 7 home premium from microsft and the enter the product key (look for a sticker under your laptop ). and NEVER EVER format 22GB partiton, that contains all the drivers.
Heyy, have you done this or read somewhere? Don't he will face issue when he install windows 7 of somewhere and get issues regarding to serial key access.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Heyy, have you done this or read somewhere? Don't he will face issue when he install windows 7 of somewhere and get issues regarding to serial key access.

i have done this already, today or tommorow he has to learn it, i didn't faced any problem while formatting for first time, and UI of installing windows 7 is quite user friendly with simple language, it doesn't need any rocket science.

Top Bottom