The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
I don't expect this lappy can run GTA V @ 900p and Mid-High Settings.....and run cool....I'm getting 45+ fps in GTA IV now..after using TS to fix FID @ 26 and gameplay is butter smooth...Max FPS-60 Min-30.. But Temps....No one can beat it!!!!LOL..
DAFAQ 101C ....seems like its snowfall here!!..Lappy is like ghost rider..dafaq Burning like sun......Its fun to play GTA IV on burning Machine!!!

IB Sux..SB were better...@ OC'ing and Normal Usage too.. Seems like Future lappies will have Water Cooling Systems!

^^ yea I know, it sucks....try out saints row the third, it can't beat gta, but its still fun to play...

and to those who think this laptop has a heating problem, please understand that its common with all ivy bridge laptops, even alienware M14x heats upto 94c under heavy load.....very demanding games like gta iv, bf3,will increase the temps....but games like batman, fifa, nfs won't cause such high temps....
WTF?? Alien ware Got GT 650M .I thought it was a GTX 660m ....Dell Seriously!! :facepalm:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ yea IB sucks, I'm guessing future bios updates and driver updates will reduce the temps, and even though the 650m is gddr5 in m14x, its not worth the 95k price tag, yea GTX 660 should have been provided by dell....n I wonder why samsung doesn't release its series 7 gamer laptops in India....hey did you apply for refund??

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ I don't think so, you have to give them the laptop, bag, recovery disc, and original bill...call your local service center if you want, they'll make you fill out a form and you'll get a DD in 10-12 days....

TheSloth

The Slowest One
When I play nfshp2010 even then temp reach 85c. It may rise more in FIFA13. And I use cooling pad.And one guy having Dell with same config except DDR5 but he isn't facing any such issues.I think next gen of NP550 will be better

Game settings.jpg
Got this from anandtech. I know this is different laptop with different resolution but if you guys just give it a shot with your own changes result might be good. But remember this chart is for GDDR5.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
ok so i played the most badass game of all time...CRYSIS...didn't believe its a 5 year old game and this beast didn't disappointed me again, but i played only in high settings NOT in ultra at 1600x900 resolution...played for 15 mins and didn't witnessed any throttling issues. temps were around 75C.

*i45.tinypic.com/54esn8.jpg
*i47.tinypic.com/6ohrww.jpg
*i50.tinypic.com/23llcw9.jpg
*i47.tinypic.com/2jb2wcp.jpg
*i46.tinypic.com/2h6991l.jpg
*i49.tinypic.com/34fe32a.jpg
FPS were around 25-45.

click on spoiler to view the screenshots taken.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Played GTA IV for nearly 2hrs 30mins, No throttling at all, fps 23-32 during day, 30-45 during night.........cpu max 90c, gpu 86c :)

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Wtf?? What has day & night got to do with the fps of the game??

A lot !! during day time there needs to be more light, details have to be more precise, at night there's less light needed. in short, the darker the image/scene the easier it is to render...

RON28

Cyborg Agent
A lot !! during day time there needs to be more light, details have to be more precise, at night there's less light needed. in short, the darker the image/scene the easier it is to render...

:agreed: and HDR in day cut off few fps compare to playing in night.

surajr2567

Broken In
I am going to buy a laptop in these two.Please help me in deciding:
1.Dell New Inspiron 15R SE 3rd Gen Ci7/ 4GB/ 1TB/ 2GB Graphics/ Win 7 HP Laptop
2.Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN which has i5 & 6GB Ram.
I will be mostly using it for browsing,watching movies and for playing games like BF3,Fifa and also sometimes GTA 4 :D
I am getting one of these from Flipkart by choosing sbh Atm cum Debit card as Payment option.This will be my 1st online purchase.Is it safe?
waiting for your reply.Thank you :)

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Wtf?? What has day & night got to do with the fps of the game??

yeah i m confsued with it too? does this effect fps lol i and dan you played on high settings or very high?? i m also getting same fps on high settings and yeah no throttling max temp was 87 when i played last time

oh cool thats why i m thinking in nite it gives me more fps and in day less lol good ! :D downloading ichenchancer just installed some car mods it was fun! no throttling and gameplay was butter smooth even in day

pratyush997

Inactive
I will be mostly using it for browsing,watching movies and for playing games like BF3,Fifa and also sometimes GTA 4 :D
I am getting one of these from Flipkart by choosing sbh Atm cum Debit card as Payment option.This will be my 1st online purchase.Is it safe?
Well I donno Recommend u to get sammy!!..

Get this only if u r lucky unlike me!

if u want to play gta iv @ high settings.....then forget this

Last edited:

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
Just wanted to know if it's safe to game on battery (high performance mode)? Also, if I keep the notebook connected to ac even when the battery's 100% charged, does it reduce the battery life / result in degradation of battery?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Just wanted to know if it's safe to game on battery (high performance mode)? Also, if I keep the notebook connected to ac even when the battery's 100% charged, does it reduce the battery life / result in degradation of battery?

yes that results in degradation of battery life while playing on high performance mode at 100% charging, change your settings, charge your battery upto 80% for better future use.

sandy2kr12

Broken In

samsung anyday bro...i myself a proud owner of the sammy i5..i tried to purchase from flipkart using debit card but failed coz we need to apply for silver card or smething to purchase more than 50000..thn i got it through local electronics for 3000 more

Top Bottom