The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
@ magnet bro i already wrote that...i may have got a defective sammy n that doesn't mean that every sammy lappy got issues like mine..though..i found owners whose i7 is throttling....one owner lappy was so seriously throttling that his fid flacuating from 12-31 in every min...maybe 30 s....n gpu was like 900mhz to 105 mhz for 2s n in every 1.30 mins.....it ain't good n now we r planning to get refund and if possible we both will get y580 from us....not sure abt that.....he is going Canada for a month...so..all i can do is get refund...only

Last edited:

sandy2kr12

Broken In
blooper at the cc today tried to demonstrate my problem by playing nfs shift2 there..but nothing happens it works superfine there..then the rep said it might be the problem of voltage in my power supply plug..then i returned home and checked with other plug and yes it worked fine... thank god there's nothing wrong with lap or the adapter..now im back on track with my gaming..just played batman ac for about hour and half with full setting..got above 50 fps..and temps max 80c...:razz:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
very silent thread guys what are you all doing? :D suggest me some games! playing bully and burnout i m happy with there performance a lot and currently i m using the laptop on my lap. its very cool not even any part is heated but temps are 47 currently i cant feel any heat below 60 wooho!!

dirt3, crysis, crysis warhead, dirt showdown, hot pursuit 2010, never ever miss batman series, best game of all time and skyrim. :)

RON28

Cyborg Agent
saala now even im worried, what the ****, look at this pic, its showing 405Mhz like pratyush said...

*i47.tinypic.com/359n3va.png

har, girish, saket, ujjwal, swapnil can you please post your pics so that i get confirmed that whether its only my lappy or we all got unclocked GPU by Sammy.

sandy2kr12

Broken In
@sandy2kr21: why you went withSHIFT you should have gone with BF3

im was not facing any throtteling it was just that adapter problem which dint let me play even lowest graphic games so point was just to show the adapter problem with shift2 ..but now everythings fine...im sure bf3 will be a cakewalk for this lap :razz:

dexbg

Journeyman
@ magnet bro i already wrote that...i may have got a defective sammy n that doesn't mean that every sammy lappy got issues like mine..though..i found owners whose i7 is throttling....one owner lappy was so seriously throttling that his fid flacuating from 12-31 in every min...maybe 30 s....n gpu was like 900mhz to 105 mhz for 2s n in every 1.30 mins.....it ain't good n now we r planning to get refund and if possible we both will get y580 from us....not sure abt that.....he is going Canada for a month...so..all i can do is get refund...only

Could this be a problem of a certain batch of the Samsung NP550 that were manufactured .. a quality defect. ?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@RON: yeah we too have same 405 MHz. But after switching to high performance mode and running a game I could see in GPUz that GPU core clock is 835MHz.

@RON: yeah we too have same 405 MHz. But after switching to high performance mode and running a game I could see in GPUz that GPU core clock is 835MHz.

And what the hell, y580 is so cheAp in USA

pratyush997

Inactive
@RON28..All gt 650m Lappy got 785 MHz as min Clock but We got 405MHz..as on Notebook review Diff b/w gt640 n gt650 is only clock rates....
Performance

The gaming performance of the GeForce GT 650M equipped with DDR3 graphics memory lies somewhere in the former 2011 high-end category between the GeForce GTX 460M and GTX 560M. The performance is exceptionally good in shader-heavy DirectX 11 games and benchmarks. However, the 128-Bit memory interface can be a bottleneck if DDR3 graphics memory is employed. Despite the slower core clock of only 735 MHz, the GDDR5-version of the card should be much faster. Demanding games of 2011 like Battlefield 3 will be playable in 1366x768 and medium or high settings. Less demanding games, such as Modern Warfare 3, are easily playable with maxed out settings and 1080p resolution.
source
@sandy2kr12--Did u checked in gpu-z report?? or in throttle stop?
@dexbg!!:- Maybe!!
@Swapnil26sps :- even Alienware is 80k there!...

I got 20 fps avg. in gta 4 all medium settings...i7-98C

GTAIV 2012-08-16 14-39-46-43.jpggta iv screen shot

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@pratyush: its like we indian being robbed. And ok min iq405 but max is 850 and we are getting it while gaming then what is the problem

RON28

Cyborg Agent
swapnil are you sure we are getting around 800Mhz while gaming on high performance? because now here there is no electricity or else i would have tried it :-?

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
Seems most of you guys are waiting for stable drivers, there you go: v301.42 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA Mobile OEM - 30x Series GeForce Driver release - LaptopVideo2Go Forums

As you can see, it does support gt650m, and for me (640m LE) it increased my 3dmark 11 score from 2390 to 2410. Not a considerable increase though. These drivers do support optimus and are WHQL certified unlike the ones at the nvidia site or your laptop manufacturer's website. Just download the driver, extract it, then replace the nvwi.inf file in the folder named 'Display.Driver' with the modded nvwi.inf file (separate link, right next to driver). Then, start the setup and install only the Driver, physx s/w and Nvidia Update (3d and HD audio components aren't required).

FYI: Use Driver Sweeper to completely remove the current nvidia drivers before following the aforementioned steps. Also, after installation, enable 'Prefer Maximum Performance' in nvidia control panel (prevents gpu throttling).

Although 304.79 drivers are also out, users have reported some random BSODs. So, I guess 301.42 is your best bet at the moment. Enjoy!

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
guy, guys calm down....no one got cheated, the core clock is 835 Mhz, and it does reach 835 while gaming, if you want to see the clock rate during gaming select "log to file" in gpu-z
@pratyush997 you'll get refund in about 10-12 days after you've applied for refund.....

*i49.tinypic.com/hwbek1.gif

and also guys I tried playing "Saints row the third" using the beta GPU driver, it wouldn't launch or it got stuck.....I then removed the beta driver and reinstalled the stable one, saints row 3 was playable with no problem....so be warned some games do not work properly in the beta driver, I would suggest you rollback the stock driver until stable ones are released...

Seems most of you guys are waiting for stable drivers, there you go: v301.42 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA Mobile OEM - 30x Series GeForce Driver release - LaptopVideo2Go Forums

As you can see, it does support gt650m, and for me (640m LE) it increased my 3dmark 11 score from 2390 to 2410. Not a considerable increase though. These drivers do support optimus and are WHQL certified unlike the ones at the nvidia site or your laptop manufacturer's website. Just download the driver, extract it, then replace the nvwi.inf file in the folder named 'Display.Driver' with the modded nvwi.inf file (separate link, right next to driver). Then, start the setup and install only the Driver, physx s/w and Nvidia Update (3d and HD audio components aren't required).

FYI: Use Driver Sweeper to completely remove the current nvidia drivers before following the aforementioned steps. Also, after installation, enable 'Prefer Maximum Performance' in nvidia control panel (prevents gpu throttling).

Although 304.79 drivers are also out, users have reported some random BSODs. So, I guess 301.42 is your best bet at the moment. Enjoy!

dude, that driver is mainly for the GT 500M series, it also supports GT 610M, GT 630M and GT 635M, check this link NVIDIA Driver

Attachments

• core.gif
    core.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 75

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
guy, guys calm down....no one got cheated, the core clock is 835 Mhz, and it does reach 835 while gaming, if you want to see the clock rate during gaming select "log to file" in gpu-z
@pratyush997 you'll get refund in about 10-12 days after you've applied for refund.....

*i49.tinypic.com/hwbek1.gif

and also guys I tried playing "Saints row the third" using the beta GPU driver, it wouldn't launch or it got stuck.....I then removed the beta driver and reinstalled the stable one, saints row 3 was playable with no problem....so be warned some games do not work properly in the beta driver, I would suggest you rollback the stock driver until stable ones are released...

dude, that driver is mainly for the GT 500M series, it also supports GT 610M, GT 630M and GT 635M, check this link NVIDIA Driver

The modded inf file adds support for 650m and other gpus.

cremator

Broken In
blooper at the cc today tried to demonstrate my problem by playing nfs shift2 there..but nothing happens it works superfine there..then the rep said it might be the problem of voltage in my power supply plug..then i returned home and checked with other plug and yes it worked fine... thank god there's nothing wrong with lap or the adapter..now im back on track with my gaming..just played batman ac for about hour and half with full setting..got above 50 fps..and temps max 80c...:razz:

hey man when you said you played batman ac with full setting do you mean everything maxed out? the extreme settings with max detail and direct x 11 mode etc? what conditions did you play? ac room , cooling pad , max cpu at 70% , turbo or power saver?

Top Bottom