The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@demolisher48: yeah i was thinking same from afternoon,someone here posted that it has only 405MHz, but when i checked in GPUz it showed 835MHz while just opening NFSHP2010.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
just played burnout paradise for 1 hour constant 60 fps on high settings and 1600x900 display and max temps were 75 and min is 48 yeah !! :D i m happy!

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@pratyush997: see ujjwal007 has big smile on his face. Dude just don't be upset about your laptop cause xoverclocker said something. He has overclocked his GPU. Can we overclock ours? I think we can and more than his

And if you could buy a desktop at first hand why you bought laptop. You know already that desktop is better in terms of performance

pratyush997

Inactive
^Bro!! Temps will kill OC.........Just saw amazing throttling in another owner's lappy(i7) in AC room i7 goes to 97C

@pratyush997And if you could buy a desktop at first hand why you bought laptop. You know already that desktop is better in terms of performance
I knew that !!but wanted portability but didn't knew that I won't able to complete even one game.....as I said I might got a Defective piece ...n that doesn't mean that I'm pointing all sammy lappy...but just mine!

that Guy's sammy throttles such that fid fluctuates from 12 to 31 in every 15s

TheSloth

The Slowest One
hmmm you are right about OC. ok...anyway you have decided. And the desktop config you have choosen is really nice. All the best bro.

Ok... guys i think we should stop suggesting people to buy this laptop until the release of official driver from nVidia. We will get a clear picture only after that.

pratyush997

Inactive
then u gettin seriously awesome temps...just waitin for gta iv temps...that will be enough for me to kick a** of cc reps n get refund...

then u gettin seriously awesome temps...just waitin for gta iv temps...that will be enough for me to kick a** of cc reps n get refund...

pratyush997

Inactive
u should get more than 4 hrs.. i'm getting 4.5 hrs...normal use n 3 hrs. w/ cooling pad

u should get more than 4 hrs.. i'm getting 4.5 hrs...normal use n 3 hrs. w/ cooling pad

TheSloth

The Slowest One
What the hell man. I already have my brightness around 40%. I don't know what is going to happen in college. My laptop will hibernate cause of low battery in middle of ongoing class

ujjwal007

Lost in games
very silent thread guys what are you all doing? :D suggest me some games! playing bully and burnout i m happy with there performance a lot and currently i m using the laptop on my lap. its very cool not even any part is heated but temps are 47 currently i cant feel any heat below 60 wooho!!

magnet

Youngling
Pratyush i would say just try to ask for higher wattage charger and re try.

I am saying becoz the hp trinity which is not a mean machine too comes with 90w charger than how can this machine suffice with similar specifications.

Also i guess you looking for a gaming rig and expecting same from a lappy which is not push as gaming lappy is asking for too much.
Ofcourse i understand the gfx and cpu might make you think it has to give the result.But for a lappy lot of compromise done so that it keeps working or else some place or the other you might damage the battery circuit trying to push to the limits often.

Your gaming rig config is awesome but again if you seriously looking for a gaming lappy forget this model and go for the gaming series from alienware or other companies.They are not fooling quoting exorbitant price.Lot of inner padding to cool of with ultra light metals are being used.

I know you might be suggesting than why others not facing the issue.Than try to replace the model and test again.But again i seriously feel gaming hardcore on a lappy with very high settings is the least you should ask.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
just played virtual tennis 4 for 20 mins max temps were 65 only i m playing on bed i m happy with it the game was fun !!

Top Bottom